Canedje

How to set up connection between RPI and ESP-E12

Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:21 pm

I'm busy to build several nodeMCU arduino ESP-12 to read temperatur, pressure and humidity bij different sensors connected to the ESP-12.
This is running and working fine.
I'm able to present this values with a webserver on the ESP-12 to look at ip-adress and port at an browser page.

What I like to create:
My Rapberry pi to read from the severall nodeMCU ESP-E12 modules (maximum 10) the different data and write this data into a file at the Raspberry
The Raspberry is having a fixed ip-adress. The ESP-12's have DHCP created ip adresses and are not known at the forhand.

How to create/ setup a webserver/client connection between Raspberry and the ESP-12's?
And read the data from all the ESP-12's?
I like to write the code at the Raspberry in Python. The code at the ESP-12's have to be in C.
Can somebody help to give or point to some examples to create this connection?

robbes

Re: How to set up connection between RPI and ESP-E12

Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:53 pm

I have just ordered a few ESP8266 modules to do a similar task, but haven't put much effort into it yet.
I think it would be advisable to configure a fixed address for each ESP module in your router (via MAC).

If you search through the esp8266.com forum postings you will probably find an answer to any questions you might have. For instance, (one of hundreds):
http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... rry#p29584

Canedje

Re: How to set up connection between RPI and ESP-E12

Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:17 pm

Thanks I will look around ;)

This is using IoT (I don't know what that is?) I like to have a server/client connection between RPI and ESP8266.
Especially code for the RPI how tot set up a client/server connection?

Return to “Networking and servers”