xzenon

How to make raspberry pi as wifi router when its connected t

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi im wondering if its possible to make the raspberry connect to a wifi hotspot then share the wifi internet connection as a router to other devices? I know ill probably need 2 wifi dongles. If its possible could anyone point me to a good guide.

drgeoff

Re: How to make raspberry pi as wifi router when its connect

Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:01 pm

I expect it is possible but a "3G wifi router" from ebay at £10 with internal rechargeable battery (or even less without) will do what you want much more easily.

(Though they can use a 3G dongle you don't need to use that capability.)

xzenon

Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:53 pm

yea i know. This is my summer residance in a diffrant country then where i live i cant even use my cell phone subscriptions there because i would be to expensive. But i got a very cheap and good hotspot in the area that i use but some times i want to use other devices to like laptop etc.

drgeoff

Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:38 pm

I'm not sure you understood. Those devices can be configured to operate in a mode where they connect to a WiFi hotspot, implement a router/NAT and appear as a WiFi Access Point and/or ethernet socket to your multiplicity of laptops, tablets, smartphones etc.

Google for 'Hame A1' for more info. The really cheap ones on ebay tend to be clones.

realies

Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:07 pm

You should probably be searching the forum before posting a new topic :)
Raspberry Pi connected to two SSID's - one as an access point

Return to “Networking and servers”