Jumpstyl0

MiniNode cluster server

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:41 am

Hi,

I'm new to the world of the raspberry pi, but from the get go I want to dive completly into it, but before ill do my purchases I was wondering if someone can confirm if my project would be possible.

I'm planning on making a mini server, this would run some lightweight applications in a docker so this can be assigned per user.

To get this going I had the idea of using the "MiniNode 5 Node Raspberry Pi 3 CoM Carrier Board" which can handle upto 5 pie Compute modules.

Now I would like to know if Its possible to combine all the cores from these modules to get one big cpu. As an example that the OS would reconize 5 modules (4 cores each) as a 20 core cpu.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks in advance :)

rpdom

Re: MiniNode cluster server

Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:00 am

Jumpstyl0 wrote:
Now I would like to know if Its possible to combine all the cores from these modules to get one big cpu. As an example that the OS would reconize 5 modules (4 cores each) as a 20 core cpu.
No. It is not possible.
Signature is on holiday.

fruitoftheloom

Re: MiniNode cluster server

Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:16 am

Jumpstyl0 wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to the world of the raspberry pi, but from the get go I want to dive completly into it, but before ill do my purchases I was wondering if someone can confirm if my project would be possible.

I'm planning on making a mini server, this would run some lightweight applications in a docker so this can be assigned per user.

To get this going I had the idea of using the "MiniNode 5 Node Raspberry Pi 3 CoM Carrier Board" which can handle upto 5 pie Compute modules.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks in advance :)

:lol: :lol:
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit
https://www.asus.com/uk/Mini-PCs/Chromebit-CS10

Return to “Networking and servers”