jsfrederick

Re: NextCloud on Pi 2/3 Start to finish Guide

Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:26 pm

I big shout out to NextcloudPi. It's a great solution and easy to install and implement.

Javi_VM

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:09 pm

I think I'll probably go to flash NextcloudPi. Seems a fairly good option and anyway I believe it would be good for my system to get a fresh starts (too much playing around, installing and uninstalling things, I am afraid). I use kodi quite a lot too, so I guess I'll have to install it and configure it back again but I do not believe it is going to be hard work.

So there we go!!

Bolkar

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:31 pm

I believe there is an typo in the guide.
Where it says "
'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\APC',
"
It should be "
'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\APCu',
"
instead.

Al_Harley

Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:12 am

Hello,

First let me say thank you for this tutorial, it was very easy to follow and worked like a charm(although I'm sure I missed something).

When I go to my URL I get to the create admin account page. This tells me that I can access the server from outside. However, when I set it up using the parameters you indicated(/CloudDATA and nextclouduser, PASSWORD(I entered the one I created), nextcloud, localhost), and try to set up the admin account online, I get an error which states the following:

Error while trying to create admin user:
Failed to connect to the database: an exception occurred in the driver:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'nextcloud'@'localhost' (using password: yes)

I've scoured the internet trying to find what I may have done wrong and can't find anything. I've erased and reinstalled the entire system 3 times with the same results. I'm a complete NOOB to Pi and would appreciate any help possible. If you need to see any of my configurations, please let me know which ones and how to access them(complete NOOB, lol). Thank you so much in advance I look forward to your reply.

Thank you again for all your hard work and for writing this up.

Respectfully,
Al

burnt rees

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:49 pm

@AI_Harley The error you are getting is the mysql (or in this case mariadb?) is saying that the password and username are incorrect. When you are in the web browser initially setting up nextcloud, the top portion is asking for you nextcloud admin credentials. The bottom portion along with the directory information are you MYSQL login information. Enter the password from the earlier steps from when you were setting up your mysql and it should work. Post back with any further questions, I'll be browsing this thread for the next few days. Cheers!

@Bolkar Thanks, this was giving me a 503 error with the typo. OP, maybe it is a typo or maybe this entry is broken for the latest NextCloud (12.0.2)
Thanks for the write up!

Does anyone have a solution where I can connect to both the local host server as well as the DDNS server on a single client? I can access the DDNS away from home, but I would like to use the local server connection since it is faster and less redundant. Also, is a SSL cert. still secure if you use it to connect to the local host server instead of the DDNS that was used to create it? What I did was add an exception for my computer to connect to the raspberry pi through the local network instead of using the DDNS. So far I am using the web client for local host and the windows desktop application for the DDNS server.

Also, how secure is this form of data storage? I am worried with all of my information on the cloud, is it likely that this server will be cracked? Any resources to prevent my raspberry pi server from being attacked (eg. MITM, etc.) Thank you

Return to “Networking and servers”