casetero

Re: Netflix on Pi 2

Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:15 pm

Hi, when im trying to do

sudo dpkg -i [name of the deb]

It shows me this error:

(Reading database ... 126674 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack netflix-launcher_1.0-1.deb ...
Unpacking netflix-launcher (1.0-1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive netflix-launcher_1.0-1.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/chromium-browser/libwidevinecdm.so', which is also in package chromium-browser 51.0.2704.79-0ubuntu0.14.04.1.1121
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
netflix-launcher_1.0-1.deb

Any advice??

Thank you!!

fruitoftheloom

Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:47 pm

casetero wrote:Hi, when im trying to do

sudo dpkg -i [name of the deb]

It shows me this error:

(Reading database ... 126674 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack netflix-launcher_1.0-1.deb ...
Unpacking netflix-launcher (1.0-1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive netflix-launcher_1.0-1.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/chromium-browser/libwidevinecdm.so', which is also in package chromium-browser 51.0.2704.79-0ubuntu0.14.04.1.1121
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
netflix-launcher_1.0-1.deb

Any advice??

Thank you!!
Chromium-Browser appears not to be the version included with Raspbian Jessie with Pixel DE

""Chromium-Browser version Version 51.0.2704.91 Built on Ubuntu 14.04, running on Raspbian 8.0""

Retired disgracefully.....

casetero

Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:35 pm

How can i unistall this version and install the correct one??

Thabk you

fruitoftheloom

Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:15 pm

casetero wrote:How can i unistall this version and install the correct one??

Thabk you
Where did you install it from ???

You are Running Raspbian Jessie with Pixel ???

casetero

Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:22 pm

Cant remember where i installed from.

How can i know if i am running raspbian jessie with pixel??

Sorry im very noob here.

Thank you.

fruitoftheloom

Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:31 pm

casetero wrote:Cant remember where i installed from.

How can i know if i am running raspbian jessie with pixel??

Sorry im very noob here.

Thank you.
Try a full update / dist- upgrade

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/introducing-pixel

casetero

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:07 pm

It works!!

The quality of the video is full hd??

I can see some frame skips, is it normal or do i have to configure anything??

Thank you!!

trifek

Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:42 pm

in my netflix breaks (you can not see all frames of animation) - This is a configuration problem?

kusti8

Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:55 pm

trifek wrote:in my netflix breaks (you can not see all frames of animation) - This is a configuration problem?
I have no idea what you are saying. I assume you are saying there are frame skips, and yes, that is normal.
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

dukla2000

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:32 pm

thatguruguy wrote:Sorry I haven't had time to re-do the tutorial. I have, however, created a .deb file which will:
1. Install the widevide libraries automatically, if you have chromium installed, and
2. create a launcher for netflix with the appropriate user-agent and place it in your "Internet" menu.

You can download the .deb file here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 9860659634

EDIT: Please feel free to let me know if the file works for you as intended.
Many thanks to you, and kusti8, dom and mikerr as per your 12 July post in this thread. Got Amazon Prime running acceptably on Openbox/Raspbian Lite
1) apt-get install chromium-browser
2) dpkg -i your netflix deb

Had some warnings from chromium about how bad and corrupt tinyupload is but ignored them - tend to use Midori for my usual browsing.
Daily driver: Pi3B, 64GB Samsung Evo+ @100MHz, DVB-T, onboard WiFi for internet, BT/USB dongle for KB/mouse, 250GB HDD via USB for media, Raspbian Jessie Lite with Openbox desktop.
Museum: Pi B

sevans

Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:10 am

Based on what I've been reading in this dialog, it seems as if there's finally a way to watch Netflix on a Raspberry Pi via Chromium. Has anyone had any success getting this to work with a dedicated media player, like OpenELEC (KODI)?
http://www.BoolEngine.com
A Tool for the Technical Community

fruitoftheloom

Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:05 am

sevans wrote:Based on what I've been reading in this dialog, it seems as if there's finally a way to watch Netflix on a Raspberry Pi via Chromium. Has anyone had any success getting this to work with a dedicated media player, like OpenELEC (KODI)?
Actually you surmisation is wrong, the Raspberry Pi is hardware.

On a Raspberry Pi 2B or 3B one needs Raspbian Jessie with Pixel DE Operating System running and Netfix is ""watchable"" in the included chromium-browser.

AFAIAA there is no Netflix add-on for KODI, search these forums for Play-On.........

sevans

Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:52 pm

You're right, fruitoftheloom. The Raspberry Pi is a piece of hardware. I've installed OpenELEC on mine, allowing me to use it as a media player. That's why I had to ask about Netflix working with media player software. It's great to finally be able to use Netflix with a browser on the Raspberry Pi. I was just wondering if anyone had gotten it to work with media player software, like OpenELEC. I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear.

In any case, thanks for your response. I recognize that PlayOn is an option, as long as I have a separate computer acting as a server for streaming Netflix. It's great to have that option. However, I'm trying to use my Raspberry Pi on a network that isn't mine, and the number of available ethernet ports is limited. If worse comes to worst, I'll have to use Raspbian with Chromium. However, OpenELEC would be more ideal. Just wanted to see if anyone else was able to accomplish this.

Thanks again for your response.
http://www.BoolEngine.com
A Tool for the Technical Community

fbzlwzl

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:19 pm

thatguruguy wrote:Sorry I haven't had time to re-do the tutorial. I have, however, created a .deb file which will:
1. Install the widevide libraries automatically, if you have chromium installed, and
2. create a launcher for netflix with the appropriate user-agent and place it in your "Internet" menu.

You can download the .deb file here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 9860659634

EDIT: Please feel free to let me know if the file works for you as intended.
After spending nearly 8 hours on this topic and only getting your solution to work,
im _seriously_ interested where you got the (widevine)pluginfiles from? and where did you get the matching user-agent?

- I downloaded Chromebook-Images from the latest arm-based Chromebooks, didn't work...
- I tried the guide from ruralguru, with the chromebook recovery-script, ...didn't work.

...i downloaded various arm widevine-plugins i found on the internet and it still didn't work..
... i read dozens of threads, websites, guides... NOTHING WORKED...

Please just take the time to answer these questions
HOW did you do it? :shock:
How did you get to know the right widevineplugin version, and from which exact image did you download it?
How did you know the matching/working user-agent?

PLEASE, i just need to know because this s*** is really bugging me...

Thanks a lot in advance,
fbzl

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:46 am

sevans wrote:You're right, fruitoftheloom. The Raspberry Pi is a piece of hardware. I've installed OpenELEC on mine, allowing me to use it as a media player. That's why I had to ask about Netflix working with media player software. It's great to finally be able to use Netflix with a browser on the Raspberry Pi. I was just wondering if anyone had gotten it to work with media player software, like OpenELEC. I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear.
No it is not currently possible.
The latest kodi version (Krypton) supports the inputstream binary addon which makes things like decryption through libwidevine possible through an addon.
There is work going on to make an addon that behaves like chromium, but plays the video inside kodi.
It's not certain if this will be possible, but it seems like it could be.
No doubt there will be posts here if this does start working.

Brakket

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:54 pm

this deb file is a definite fix.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 9860659634

i started with a CanaKit that i have been trying to get netflix to work on since i got it. tried a couple operating ststems and all sorts of who to guides. this solution worked for me.

I started with a fresh install of Raspbian from the Noobs recovery on the kit's supplied SD card. i followed the supplied link to the .deb file and after the download followed the prompts to install and the prompt to enter my password to verify that i really wanted to install this "questionable" program. when it finished installing i opened the terminal and ran sudo apt-get update and then sudo apt-get upgrade.

The update went pretty quick but the update took about 15 minutes to complete its process including a prompt to continue after displaying some log info.

when it was completed i restarted then tried Netflix and it works.

One thing of note though. Netflix becomes quickly choppy with slightly blurry video and sound that drifts in volume. i figured this would be as good as it could get until the temperature warning popped up on the screen. i checked my PI and the heat sinks supplied with the CanaKit were scalding hot to the touch. i put one of those refreezable ice packs under it and put a fan on it to see if cooling helped video quality at all. as the temperature dropped there was an immediate result to quality. picture and text are perfectly clear playing 4k content.

After several hours of "cold can of beer" assisted cooling i would say this fix will be perfect once my USB cooling fans get here.

Much thanks to the creater of the .deb patch you made my PI3 everything i hoped it would be.

lucaisi

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:43 am

8-) 8-) 8-) It worked perfectly on my Raspberry Pi 3 (running PIXEL OS). Thank you very much!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
Personal Info: Lucas Mougenot Fernandes; 22yo; Brazilian
Device: Raspberry Pi 3 model B+
Site: http://www.UPDroid.com.br

kcotae

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:52 am

I have spent a whole day following these instructions, repeatedly starting from a clean install, etc, but I can't get rid of the error code M7701-1003. I'm wondering if anyone else has found these simple instructions don't work for them, or whether I'm the only person on the planet who still has this problem? :-)

MrWillie

Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:16 pm

Here's a piece I wrote a couple of hours ago based on earlier instructions posted here:

https://thepi.io/how-to-watch-netflix-on-raspberry-pi/

I also encountered a couple of error messages before succeeding.

bite_your_idols

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:02 pm

MrWillie wrote:Here's a piece I wrote a couple of hours ago based on earlier instructions posted here:

https://thepi.io/how-to-watch-netflix-on-raspberry-pi/

I also encountered a couple of error messages before succeeding.
I can get both libs in chromium libs folder but if I browse chrome://plugins there is no Widevine plugin... :cry:

kusti8

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:22 pm

I didn't compile the latest Chromium with widevine support so I'll have to do that sometime.

MrWillie

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:26 pm

bite_your_idols wrote:I can get both libs in chromium libs folder but if I browse chrome://plugins there is no Widevine plugin... :cry:
That's odd! Can you see the Widevine files with ls /usr/lib/chromium-browser/?

MrWillie

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:29 pm

kusti8 wrote:I didn't compile the latest Chromium with widevine support so I'll have to do that sometime.
Thank you, by the way, for your original "how to watch Netflix" instructions!

bite_your_idols

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:41 pm

MrWillie wrote:
bite_your_idols wrote:I can get both libs in chromium libs folder but if I browse chrome://plugins there is no Widevine plugin... :cry:
Yes they are right there. I tried manually, following your steps and using deb file. Both ways libs are in its place but chrome has no windevine plugin and netflix gives me error: M7701-1003

kusti8

Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:26 am

bite_your_idols wrote:
MrWillie wrote:
Yes they are right there. I tried manually, following your steps and using deb file. Both ways libs are in its place but chrome has no windevine plugin and netflix gives me error: M7701-1003
Probably cause I didn't compile it with widevine support. Use v51 in the meantime.

Return to “Media centres”