ta2dwez

Game recorder?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Do you think it would be possible to use the raspi as a games console recorder?

ghans

Re: Game recorder?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:21 am

Whats that ?
Could you elaborate ?

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

JAGFin1

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:51 am

I think he wants to know if you can relay video from a console to the Pi in order to record it for later viewing/uploading to YouTube/etc...

BakaOsaka

Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:12 pm

I have a device known as an "Easycap", it takes standard RCA/S-Video input and displays it as a stream. It works with Linux, though I've yet to test it on the Pi. If you want, I can and report back for you, though I assume you'd rather use HD input?

Toad King

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:16 am

BakaOsaka wrote:I have a device known as an "Easycap", it takes standard RCA/S-Video input and displays it as a stream. It works with Linux, though I've yet to test it on the Pi. If you want, I can and report back for you, though I assume you'd rather use HD input?
I would shy away from EasyCap devices because there are so many cheap Chinese knockoffs you don't know if the one you buy is good or bad.

I've heard good things about Hauppauge and their video recording products. They even have an HD PVR, but it's around $200 and last I checked required some tricks to get working on Linux. Then you'll have to deal with the USB bandwidth being high enough for HD video.

Return to “Media centres”