I am planning to use a Pico PSU, so I just revive this thread.
I want to use my Pi as a mediacentre like OzzyPi, so right now there are following parts connected to my Pi:
- Goobay USB Charger with 5V, 2A
- EDIMAX EW-7811UN Wireless USB Adapter
- Western Digital WD30EZRX Green 3TB in an external HDD-Case (12V, 2A)
- an old 1,5TB external HDD (12V, 2A)
- powered USB-Hub (5V, 2,6A)
Maybe someday I will buy another WD 3TB hard-drive and a blue-ray-player.
So my thoughts are: buy a PicoPSU 80W, buy several Molex Y-Adapters to connect my 12V HDDs and use one molex adapter to power the Pi by using only the 5V-part.
1. How do I connect the HDDs to the USB-Hub?
2. Could I connect a power switch to the PicoPSU?
3. Is it even possible to realize my thoughts?
Or should I buy a powered USB-Hub and use y-adapter to power the hdds?
Or could I use one of the external HDDs power supplies and build my own y-adapter for 12V and 5V?
As you can see I am not an expert in all these things and my english is not that good as well. But connecting a few cables or do some soldering shouldn't be a problem