NickMon68

Re: Raspbmc Release Candidate

Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:13 pm

ho-ho wrote:
NickMon68 wrote: This message:
mc0: final write to SD card still running...

appears if you don't safely eject your SD card (in Windows). Same happened to me when I just pull out the SD card after the image writing.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks for the, yes i'm probably guilty of that too. Thanks for pointing it out.

crazycarl

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Just wanted to say abig thanks to the peeps working on this it worked really well for me, really surprised at being able to get iplayer, youtube, 4od and itv player working also.

Am having issues with about half the films I have constantly buffering every 10 secs, is there likely to be an improvement/hack for this.

Noticed that the blue tinge was stated as being solved on fanart areas, yet still seems to be apparent on iplayer thumbnails, this may be an issue within the iplayer addon.

Anybody have views as to how well this RC2 version compares to the latest stable OpenELEC build as haven't tried that as yet. Am tempted to stay put on Raspbmc as it appears to do everything I want, if only I could improve the buffering issues.

nimdy

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:33 pm

crazycarl wrote:Just wanted to say abig thanks to the peeps working on this it worked really well for me, really surprised at being able to get iplayer, youtube, 4od and itv player working also...
Its good isnt it. I can get iPlayer and 5player working, but 4oD freezes for me when I try to play something unfortunately. The other two are definately quicker to run on Raspbmc than my experiences with openelec.

itsonlyme

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:37 pm

There is an updated plugin for 4OD which solved the problem for me

http://code.google.com/p/mossy-xbmc-repo/downloads/list

floydbloke

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:57 am

Complete XBMC/RaspBMC novice here.
I successfully got RaspBMC running on my Pi from this:
http://download.raspbmc.com/downloads/b ... ing.img.gz
It went and did its thing and hey presto RaspBMC comes up.
Now I can browse to my GoFlex NAS (DLNA Server) OK and select some video files to play.
The audio plays fine but I get no video at all.
Fileformats are AVI and MPEG2 created by pulling them of MiniDV tape and, in the case of the MPGs, encoding using ULead videostudio (v9).
What do I need to do to get these videos playing please? Am i missing some Codecs? I had a bit of a glance at some of the video add-ons but nothing stood out.
incidentally, I was also not able to display photos, standard JPGs, although it seems to be able to pull thte EXIF data OK.

normal

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:58 am

The Pi can't do MPEG2, the codec for it was too expensive.

normal

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:58 am

oh and what's the username and password to install this:?

NickMon68

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:49 am

normal wrote:oh and what's the username and password to install this:?
Should not need a id/password the installer process takes care of everything..

If your trying to ssh in after then its the normal pi/raspberry one !

normal

Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm asked to login when I boot for the first time, but I can't find the login info on the wbesite anywhere.

Paul Webster

Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:49 pm

If root/root works then you have made the classic mistake of downloading and installing the wrong image.
In that case, check back on the raspbmc site and see the blog posts for the link to use rather than the download page.

normal

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:18 pm

No i'm pretty sure i got the right one from http://www.raspbmc.com/2012/06/release-candidate-2/

normal

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Oh never mind, i forgot to plug an ethernet in/

nimdy

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:06 pm

itsonlyme wrote:There is an updated plugin for 4OD which solved the problem for me

http://code.google.com/p/mossy-xbmc-repo/downloads/list
Thanks for that. Working great now :)

andyhorn

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:58 pm

This is great, the only issue I have had so far is that it hangs slightly when selecting items from the menu's, it also play's some of my AVI's, not sure if it play's them all, not had time to test them all.
[

sam nazarko

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:42 pm

Disgusting.

I spent over 100 hours working on this and you're straight in to profiteer from it.

You've sold Raspbmc RELEASE CANDIDATE meaning when I release the final build I have to support the however many people you claim to have made this 'easier' for. Thanks for wasting my time and earning yourself a tidy profit.

abishur

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:24 pm

sam nazarko wrote:Disgusting.

I spent over 100 hours working on this and you're straight in to profiteer from it.

You've sold Raspbmc RELEASE CANDIDATE meaning when I release the final build I have to support the however many people you claim to have made this 'easier' for. Thanks for wasting my time and earning yourself a tidy profit.
I've removed the offending post and gave the user a one week ban (even if he was well intentioned, this is the second time we've had to discuss his product spamming of this one product). If Airstream continues to promote this one product in ever post after the ban is lifted it will become permanent I fear :-(
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:02 pm

First time I've used raspbmc. Still need to get my vista laptop connected and streaming. Not sure how to do that yet, this evening after coming in from the pub I noticed that I had an extra option on my iPhone to stream to raspbmc!
However, there is a problem - no audio. I can stop and play, etc, but I can't hear any music. Playing YouTube works fine thou.
Do I need to configure anything?

Texy
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=147682#p971555

Leong

Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:23 pm

texy wrote:First time I've used raspbmc. Still need to get my vista laptop connected and streaming. Not sure how to do that yet, this evening after coming in from the pub I noticed that I had an extra option on my iPhone to stream to raspbmc!
However, there is a problem - no audio. I can stop and play, etc, but I can't hear any music. Playing YouTube works fine thou.
Do I need to configure anything?

Texy
I had no sound too till I changed the settings in audio from HDMI to analog. Hope that works for you too.

rey

Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Audio doesn't work yet, simply!

DAveShillito

Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Superb work on Raspbmc.
The RC2 image installed perfectly for me, but... (you knew that was coming right ;))

I bought a Rii wireless keyboard to use with the pi and, once I realised the power supply I was using behind the TV was not supplying the power I needed to run the keyboard, unlike the one on my desk where I tested it (picture me tearing my hair out shouting "You work over here... why not over there!") it almost works. The only problem is the track pad doesn't work properly so the mouse cursor seems to be stuck to the bottom of the screen. It works properly when I run the GUI on the Debian “squeeze” image however.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

anotherbloke

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:04 am

I have installed this and it was so easy, thank you very much. I am off to test some files and see how it looks and runs on my unit.

TheMonkeyKing

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:43 pm

Waiting for RC 3...

tk321

Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Any plans on getting your XBMC fork packaged into Raspbian?

I know the aim of Raspbmc is to have a minimal Debian which runs XBMC but many users (me included) would like to have a more complete distribution with XBMC (gpu accelerated) as one application. Raspbian wins over Debian armel in terms of speed when it comes to applications using floating point operations so it is the obvious choice for me. Any plans/interest to support Raspbian as well?

jimand

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:44 am

E wrote: The only issue I've had is with Airplay - no sound from any music, even though the visualiser is displaying it, and some video streams won't play. I'd guess it has more to do with the apps and xbmc than Raspbmc, but I've not looked into it yet.
Did you fix this? I've got the same problem with RC3. Dunno what to do to solve this..

Return to “Media centres”