woundedoutlaw

HTPC Suggestions needed

Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:55 am

I currently have a wide range of systems in my home and would like to setup a solid HTPC using the raspberry pi. I have a large collection of movies, tv shows, and music on an external drive currently connected to an computer running ubuntu 12.04 with plex media server installed so that my children can access all the media from their Roku box.

I would like to utilize this or some other variation for the Pi which is mounted to the back of my TV and connected via HDMI and ethernet running to a power-line networking adapter.

I have tried Rasplex on the Pi but the UI is PAINFULLY slow... The only other system I have used is OpenElec. One problem i've been having is the Audio and Video stream randomly closes on OpenElec while in the middle of a movie or TV show. This can be seen in the pastebin below. (Look near the end of the XBMC.log to see where the streams stop)

http://pastebin.com/10RR70Y8

If anyone has any suggestions that would work both with the Pi and the Roku, I would be very happy to hear them!

smuggly

Re: HTPC Suggestions needed

Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:19 pm

Try Xbian I use it on my old 256 ram model Its the best XBMC for thr PI I think.

Also I Only Use MP4 & MKV For My Containers All 1080P & 720P But Have No Trouble With My Framerates. On Occasion will have Network trouble. I Have A Gigabit network hard wired. If youre using wifi that will/can give you trouble. I get all my files from a home server also.

Return to “Media centres”