milhouse

Re: OpenELEC Testbuilds

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:08 pm

bcre3306 wrote:I know this is a really quick and easy fix but I am just pulling my hair out trying to make it work. I am using libCEC and need to map a button to open the menu when I select a movie or tv show. The menu I am refering to is the one that has "Queue Item, Play using..., Play from here, etc". I turn on debug and see the button I want to map it to is "red". My question is where in the remote.xml do I make this change? Sorry for the basic question I just can't figure it out!
The function is ContextMenu, so you'd map it as <red>ContextMenu</red>

Where you put it is up to you, I'd start with the <global> section so that the "red" button has the same function everywhere within XBMC. At the top of your remote.xml file you want something like:

Code: Select all

<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <red>ContextMenu</red>
      <play>Play</play>
      <pause>Pause</pause>
      etc.

bcre3306

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:47 pm

worked perfectly!
Thank you for the quick and correct response!

ground

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi,
Im using the latest openelec and CEC has stopped working. Everything was working fine and now I cant get it to work. I have gone back to an older version but now that dosent seem to work either.
I have tried reinstalling and changed the HDMI cable but im having no luck.
I would like to get it working again and any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
ground

caravela

Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:46 am

ground wrote:Hi,
Im using the latest openelec and CEC has stopped working. Everything was working fine and now I cant get it to work. I have gone back to an older version but now that dosent seem to work either.
I have tried reinstalling and changed the HDMI cable but im having no luck.
I would like to get it working again and any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
ground
Looks to me that the cec link between your devices was broken, disconnect the hdmi cables and factory reset the devices.
in my setup, i disabled the activation signal and it solved this kind of issues for me. adding hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 to config.txt, CEC works just doesn't change source when the pi boots.

fietspomp

Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:51 am

I cannot find the XBMC Subtitle addon, which i need, do i need to install it manually ? Can't find it in Addons.

ground

Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:03 am

Thanks caravela for the quick reply.

I followed your instructions and everything is working now.

thanks again

ground

Nodge

Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:02 am

I have a number of TV series in my media collection and for a couple of weeks now I've found that the artwork for the series and episodes have been displaying as low res images. I regularly try new releases in the hope that this has been fixed but the last two I have tried (R12039 & R12045) have failed to see my files at all! For example I have a folder named "Fringe" and within that a folder for each series named "Series1", "Series2" etc and within those I have the files for the episodes. After trying a new release and setting the content and scraping the TV database I can see "Fringe" in my library but there are no series or episodes inside it. My media is on an external hard drive connected to the usb port on the pi.

The last release I have where the artwork displayed correctly is R11830

John

milhouse

Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:35 am

The low res artwork is a known issue, a temporary workaround for performance issues and one that will be addressed in a future update (which may include running the UI at 1280x720).

Don't know why your TV artwork isn't appearing, although I have my episodes in folders named "Season 1", "Season 2" etc. not "Series1", "Series2".

Nodge

Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:36 pm

milhouse wrote:The low res artwork is a known issue, a temporary workaround for performance issues and one that will be addressed in a future update (which may include running the UI at 1280x720).

Don't know why your TV artwork isn't appearing, although I have my episodes in folders named "Season 1", "Season 2" etc. not "Series1", "Series2".
It's nothing to do with the folder names. I have episodes that aren't in season subfolders and they aren't being seen either. I have just tried the latest release R12050 and the problem is the same. Out of curiosity I have just tried R12031 and that sees everything fine so something has changed since R12031 to cause this problem.
John

b0x

Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:57 am

r12055 - just updated. 1080p@60 has resized to show only maybe a quarter of the screen. a bit hard to nav even on the 52 inch.
last five versions have failed to fit same rez to the screen, finally had to manually resize it to fit. running at 720p for the moment which fits about as well as 1080p has lately (before this version), meaning i'll need to resize screen manually to fix the overscan.

Salamander

Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:32 am

b0x wrote:r12055 - just updated. 1080p@60 has resized to show only maybe a quarter of the screen. a bit hard to nav even on the 52 inch.
last five versions have failed to fit same rez to the screen, finally had to manually resize it to fit. running at 720p for the moment which fits about as well as 1080p has lately (before this version), meaning i'll need to resize screen manually to fix the overscan.
You need to delete guisettings.xml. Take a look at XBMC's forum:
sraue wrote:Hi,

now RPi is supported from XBMC officially i have created a thread in XBMC's official RPi forum to continue this thread there. On XBMC's forum many more XBMC devs will read about the issues with our devel builds, so i think the place is better there and XBMC issues will be solved faster. I like to invite you all to watch the thread there.

this thread on XBMC's forum: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=140518

greetings

Stephan

Nodge

Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:43 pm

Nodge wrote:I have a number of TV series in my media collection and for a couple of weeks now I've found that the artwork for the series and episodes have been displaying as low res images. I regularly try new releases in the hope that this has been fixed but the last two I have tried (R12039 & R12045) have failed to see my files at all! For example I have a folder named "Fringe" and within that a folder for each series named "Series1", "Series2" etc and within those I have the files for the episodes. After trying a new release and setting the content and scraping the TV database I can see "Fringe" in my library but there are no series or episodes inside it. My media is on an external hard drive connected to the usb port on the pi.

The last release I have where the artwork displayed correctly is R11830

John
Just tried R12057 and happy to say that all my tv episodes are found on my drive and also hi res artwork is back :)

Only things I'm looking for now are menu sounds and music via airplay.

John

Trixster

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:51 pm

It seems that 1080p video is now an upscale from 720p. Is this really the case in latest builds? If so, why?

goujam

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:12 pm

I have noticed that in the latest build the menu displays at 1080p but film playback is 720p all the same settings as usual !

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Trixster wrote:It seems that 1080p video is now an upscale from 720p. Is this really the case in latest builds? If so, why?
No, 1080p video will not be down scaled. What makes you say that?

jaromanda

Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:09 pm

dom wrote:
Trixster wrote:It seems that 1080p video is now an upscale from 720p. Is this really the case in latest builds? If so, why?
No, 1080p video will not be down scaled. What makes you say that?
FUD from Raspbmc via twitter
I now own 2 RPi - does that mean I own a circumference?

fietspomp

Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:49 am

My subtitles aren't working, i'm using r12060. They are downloaded via the XBMC Subtitle addon, but they are not showing, in the XBMC Menu they are on.

zanardi

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:28 am

I made some test for try the new license with MPEG2.

I tryed r12006 with DVD files (.vob files), at the end of the first part the openelec freezes. I have disconnected and reconnected to the power source the raspberry. :? don't start, the system on SD is ko. (the boot return an error: "...can't access to storage...").

I format the SD and install the r12057 and repeat the test. With the first vob file the system freezes.
Reboot.
After I have watched all the video without problem.

The audio with MPEG2 with the r12006 was poor, with the r12057 is good.

jaromanda

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:00 am

fietspomp wrote:My subtitles aren't working, i'm using r12060. They are downloaded via the XBMC Subtitle addon, but they are not showing, in the XBMC Menu they are on.
delete (or rename for safety) .xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml

jaromanda

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:03 am

zanardi wrote:I made some test for try the new license with MPEG2.
on the other hand ... VC-1 has been working since about 2 weeks after the licenses were announced (not sure which release of openelec - r11925 is the earliest I've kept, and VC-1 worked perfectly)

fietspomp

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:31 am

jaromanda wrote:
fietspomp wrote:My subtitles aren't working, i'm using r12060. They are downloaded via the XBMC Subtitle addon, but they are not showing, in the XBMC Menu they are on.
delete (or rename for safety) .xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml
I'll be home in 6 hours, will report later, also with new sd card :D .

caravela

Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:23 pm

The Subtitles do work, the thing is that now with the clamp thing the sub position is bellow screen, so while viewing a movie go to system and change the subs position.

the thing is, If the pi it cannot run some stuff beyond 720p, just limit it at 720p. This clamp solution while it is creative, it became a mess.

happypi

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:26 pm

Can someone please confirm that h264 streams no longer play?

I stream on my LAN and older builds can play them no problem. In the new builds all that plays is the audio and a grey screen.

johnnyvd

Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:51 am

What build are you on?

Wanderlei

Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:15 am

Updated to r12066 and everything is zoomed in, lose about 25% of the bottom and side of the screen. Tried tv settings, just scan etc, no change, cannot change options because I cant see them.

Reverting to r12015 its the only build were CEC can resume full functionality after the input is changed it only requires 'simplink' to turned off and on via tv. (LG TV)

Return to “Media centres”