sraue

Re: OpenELEC Testbuilds

Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:48 pm

milhouse wrote:Do these latest builds include the AudioEngine updates?
yes but AudioEngine is not used for RaspberryPi, it works different internally (thats why there is no alsa installed/used too)

notzippy

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:59 am

Hi
I have tried several times to get openelec working but every time it shows the splash screen then it reports fails to mount mmcblk0p1 (which is the boot). Is there any ideas on how to troubleshoot this ?

I have compiled the source and even used prebuilt imgs like this one http://www.basst.nl/?cat=29. Still no luck

This is a class 10 lexmarx 8GB card. I tried the debian squeeze and it booted up fine.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
Nz

sparky0815

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:03 am

Hey there :)

If u want 2 GB or 4 GB SD card images of r11212 (03.06.2012) you can download it from my blog...

http://bit.ly/MnBG7j

greetings :geek:
Twitter: @Sparky0815
Facebook Gruppe (RaspberryPi - Deutschland): http://on.fb.me/PnYE99
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

teomac

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:59 pm

Rasp works great with the new bilds, the only think i have to test is my wifi dongle netgear wg111v2
but can't do that until I buy a new usb hub

Thank You

funnel

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:15 pm

The new builds are great. The UI is a lot faster then before. Good work developers.

notzippy

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:33 pm

sparky0815:
Copied your image onto sdcard, got same error on boot
Error in mount_disks : mount_common : Could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1
System halted

I don't have a keyboard or mouse plugged into the usb (havent arrived yet) could that make a difference ?

Piminiuser

Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Is there a central place for the 'newest' openelec xbmc build.

Now i have r11211.img Is this the newest? I searched on this form, but i guess there is no 1 place when i can find the build. Some build i download i have a lot of folders and files. The "r11211.img" i have is just a .img file. and i use win32diskimager to write the .img to the sd card.

VZoltan

Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Airplay Audio problem via JACK (image via composite)

if i stream for eg. youtube to raspberry openelec from my iphone/ipad i can hear its sound, but if it is ONLY audio like any mp3 or Pandora app, cant here anything at all BUT te virtualization shows that the raspberry gets the audio!

anybody?

jasjeet

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:02 pm

VZoltan wrote:Airplay Audio problem via JACK (image via composite)

if i stream for eg. youtube to raspberry openelec from my iphone/ipad i can hear its sound, but if it is ONLY audio like any mp3 or Pandora app, cant here anything at all BUT te virtualization shows that the raspberry gets the audio!

anybody?
Please rephrase, here=/= hear etc lol
If i understood you are saying that when you play Youtube to OpenELEC you can hear the Audio and see the Video. But if you play a music file from the Music App on iPhone you only see the Visualisation but there is no Audio?

If so, yeah thats normal and audio only never worked.

onetootreefor

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:03 pm

yep no audio cus there is no ALSA codec that works yet. (same reason there are no menu sounds i believe)

you get audio with video because the audio is decoded differently.

im sure its being worked on though.

VZoltan

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:06 pm

jasjeet wrote:

if i stream for eg. youtube to raspberry openelec from my iphone/ipad i can hear its sound, but if it is ONLY audio like any mp3 or Pandora app, cant hear anything at all BUT the virtualization shows that the raspberry gets the audio!

anybody?
If i understood you are saying that when you play Youtube to OpenELEC you can hear the Audio and see the Video. But if you play a music file from the Music App on iPhone you only see the Visualisation but there is no Audio?

and never will be working?

jasjeet

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:14 pm

VZoltan wrote:
jasjeet wrote:

if i stream for eg. youtube to raspberry openelec from my iphone/ipad i can hear its sound, but if it is ONLY audio like any mp3 or Pandora app, cant hear anything at all BUT the virtualization shows that the raspberry gets the audio!

anybody?

and never will be working?
Im not sure, i think it might be because of how music is stored on the iPhone. I think Music App may not ever work, apps that allow airplay of MP3's may work, i cant say for sure as im not a dev.

sparky0815

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:25 pm

Piminiuser wrote:Is there a central place for the 'newest' openelec xbmc build.

Now i have r11211.img Is this the newest? I searched on this form, but i guess there is no 1 place when i can find the build. Some build i download i have a lot of folders and files. The "r11211.img" i have is just a .img file. and i use win32diskimager to write the .img to the sd card.
hey ...
you can find the newest OpenELEC build on http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/openelec-rpi/

if you want an prebuilt image (.img) for your sd card go to my blog :) http://sparky0815.de/category/raspberry-pi-2/openelec/

Twitter: @Sparky0815
Facebook Gruppe (RaspberryPi - Deutschland): http://on.fb.me/PnYE99
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Not true. I have played (with airplay) music from iPhone in the past, and the audio played in XBMC with visualisation.
This was several weeks ago when I was doing my own builds, so xbmc can support it.

onetootreefor

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:35 pm

ok so i just built r11221, it only took just a little over an hour!!! ( i have a really sweet pc, but still thats a speed improvement over previous builds!!!) I will post back here with my findings about the audio passthrough issue....anyone in the Dev department (sraue) have a changelog?

edit: seems passthrough issues are still present in r11221.
Last edited by onetootreefor on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VZoltan

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:39 pm

dom wrote:Not true. I have played (with airplay) music from iPhone in the past, and the audio played in XBMC with visualisation.
This was several weeks ago when I was doing my own builds, so xbmc can support it.
can u share how to listen to audio via airplay from ios device?
thx

VZoltan

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:40 pm

onetootreefor

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:43 pm

VZoltan wrote:
dom wrote:Not true. I have played (with airplay) music from iPhone in the past, and the audio played in XBMC with visualisation.
can u share how to listen to audio via airplay from ios device?
thx
as i said in a post just minutes earlier...its likely to be an ALSA codec issue. That's why the menu sounds dont work. Video works because it uses different codecs to decode the video/audio together.

dom

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:47 pm

onetootreefor wrote:as i said in a post just minutes earlier...its likely to be an ALSA codec issue. That's why the menu sounds dont work. Video works because it uses different codecs to decode the video/audio together.
OpenMAX is used for audio when playing music or videos. ALSA is not involved.
(but ALSA is used for key press sounds, which are currently disabled)

jasjeet

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:50 pm

Has anyone got ideas about Audio Passthrough? Was working on late May builds, but not anymore :cry:

Ive gone back to older build and forgone the speed of newer builds for my HD MKVs with 5.1 DTS Audio.

onetootreefor

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:51 pm

dom wrote: OpenMAX is used for audio when playing music or videos. ALSA is not involved.
(but ALSA is used for key press sounds, which are currently disabled)
ahh ok thanks for the info

as for r11221 (newest build as of an hour ago) i believe the audio passthrough issues are still present. Its still buffering majorly, and only passing PCM audio to my receiever. No DTS/AC3 is being recognized even though I have it enabled in the settings.

yntelectual

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi, first of all, r11212 is big progress and runs really swiftly. I have, however, two issues: first some 1080p movies wont play, only black screen and no audio[h264/ac3]
and second, the add-on repository is empty. Network is fine as both web interface and weather works. Other than that, no buffering and overall smooth experience. Keep up the good work.

raspberrypivictim

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:19 pm

sparky0815 wrote:Hey there :)

If u want 2 GB or 4 GB SD card images of r11212 (03.06.2012) you can download it from my blog...

Thanks for the image.

I have copied it to a sd, but when I start de pi the screens is black, no image. I am using the composite video output. the sd and the tv works great with the debian image, so I think I must have forgotten something in the configuration.

I had copied the config.txt from the working debian but black screen is my only result. And had proved other images available from this forum users.

Any idea ? thank you very much in advance.

jasjeet

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:22 pm

raspberrypivictim wrote:
sparky0815 wrote:Hey there :)

Thanks for the image.

I have copied it to a sd, but when I start de pi the screens is black, no image. I am using the composite video output. the sd and the tv works great with the debian image, so I think I must have forgotten something in the configuration.

I had copied the config.txt from the working debian but black screen is my only result. And had proved other images available from this forum users.

Any idea ? thank you very much in advance.
All you need to do is apply the image to the SD card, thats it, no need to touch any files. Then just boot it.

malcolmr

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:23 am

VZoltan wrote:Aspect ratio

any idea on this: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 553#p90553
Hi, there's some info about this in the other thread:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 913#p87913

If your TV is PAL then try a height of 576 instead of 480.

Return to “Media centres”