Azaz3L

Re: OpenELEC Testbuilds

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:21 am

goujam wrote:
Azaz3L wrote:I have the same problem. Is it still happening to you?
goujam wrote:I'm trying 11925 I've done a fresh install and on first run I've set everything up and it works well. However when I restart the device it boots up to the blue screen just before xbmc full loads (blue screen is the background) and it just stays there.

I have left the pi for an hour but it never loads any ideas what this could be ?

I found that this only happens if you select update library on startup. If I don't select this all works well if I select the option it refuses to boot into xbmc
Thank you. I will install it again and I won't check the library update.

sraue

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:31 am

Azaz3L wrote:
goujam wrote:
goujam wrote:I'm trying 11925 I've done a fresh install and on first run I've set everything up and it works well. However when I restart the device it boots up to the blue screen just before xbmc full loads (blue screen is the background) and it just stays there.

I have left the pi for an hour but it never loads any ideas what this could be ?

I found that this only happens if you select update library on startup. If I don't select this all works well if I select the option it refuses to boot into xbmc
Thank you. I will install it again and I won't check the library update.
can you report this here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=140518 if its working for you? you dont must reinstall completly, login via ssh and do a

Code: Select all

rm -rf /storage/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml
this should be enough

milhouse

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:39 am

sraue wrote:
sraue wrote: [*] the (personally) best one: improved systeminfo output in XBMC, there you can easy read some infos like BogoMips, serial (for buying the licenses), hardwarerevision and CPU temperature many thanks to me :-), 'dom' and others for the CPU temperature support
sample:
Is it possible to add to the system info screen which codecs (see here) are hardware enabled? Firmware version might prove useful too, if it's possible...

sraue

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:51 am

milhouse wrote:Is it possible to add to the system info screen which codecs (see here) are hardware enabled? Firmware version might prove useful too, if it's possible...
dont think this will be accepted, because this dialog is generic for ARM systems and the licenses are RPi specific

milhouse

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:09 pm

sraue wrote:
milhouse wrote:Is it possible to add to the system info screen which codecs (see here) are hardware enabled? Firmware version might prove useful too, if it's possible...
dont think this will be accepted, because this dialog is generic for ARM systems and the licenses are RPi specific
Fair enough, thought that might be the case - bit of a shame. Would have been acceptable to see it munged together with one of the other fields (eg. "Hardware: BCM2708 (H264, MPG2, WVC1 enabled)") but I'm guessing it's just reading whatever is in /proc/cpuinfo and there's not much scope to override.

sraue

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:50 pm

milhouse wrote:
sraue wrote:
Fair enough, thought that might be the case - bit of a shame. Would have been acceptable to see it munged together with one of the other fields (eg. "Hardware: BCM2708 (H264, MPG2, WVC1 enabled)") but I'm guessing it's just reading whatever is in /proc/cpuinfo and there's not much scope to override.
not sure, but i think its planned to rework the sysinfo stuff in the future (also not sure if this happens for frodo) if so afaik a idea was to do this with xml's so the distributor/user can change/add/remove fields...

dante6913

Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:11 pm

masterluke wrote:H- I updated to 11925 and generally its working great. I still have a showstopping problem with the channel mapping problem on 5.1 downmix to stereo. Voices sometimes fade in and out. Any update on this one? Thanks
I have this problem too, anyone have news about this?

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:27 pm

dante6913 wrote:
masterluke wrote:H- I updated to 11925 and generally its working great. I still have a showstopping problem with the channel mapping problem on 5.1 downmix to stereo. Voices sometimes fade in and out. Any update on this one? Thanks
I have this problem too, anyone have news about this?
Can you provide a sample file that exhibits this problem?
Are you happy with how (command line) omxplayer handles this file?

masterluke

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:08 pm

dom wrote:Can you provide a sample file that exhibits this problem?
Are you happy with how (command line) omxplayer handles this file?
I will snip up a file and upload it somewhere. Any help on windows software to do this (on a h264 mkv)?

I will try omxplayer also - is it included in openelec? how can I get back to a terminal prompt to try this out? I've only got one sdcard so this will be a PITA if I cant do it in openelec.

dom

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:18 pm

masterluke wrote:I will snip up a file and upload it somewhere. Any help on windows software to do this (on a h264 mkv)?
I will try omxplayer also - is it included in openelec? how can I get back to a terminal prompt to try this out? I've only got one sdcard so this will be a PITA if I cant do it in openelec.
Download this:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/
mmg is the gui program that can split/join/remux mkv files. Dropbox is good for hosting the file.
I don't think you can run omxplayer in openelec. Need a raspbian/wheezy image.

masterluke

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:40 pm

This clip demonstrates the problem..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80843008/sample.mkv

Buzz's speech sounds very distant. The same clip works fine on my windows box.

dom

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:01 pm

masterluke wrote:This clip demonstrates the problem..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80843008/sample.mkv

Buzz's speech sounds very distant. The same clip works fine on my windows box.
I've tried this with analogue audio and headphones, using omxplayer and xbmc (my own build from top of tree) and I couldn't see the problem.
Both character's voices seemed reasonable.

Not sure if there is a difference in OpenELEC and top of tree xbmc.

masterluke

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:39 am

Can anyone else confirm a problem playing back the file under Openelec via the headphone jack or is it just me?

Salamander

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:34 am

masterluke wrote:Can anyone else confirm a problem playing back the file under Openelec via the headphone jack or is it just me?
I'm having same issue with HDMI audio. I'll see if I can try your clip tonight.
Have you tried with r11949?

Nodge

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Just tried R11952 and first thing I noticed is that none of the add-ons (Youtube, Wimp etc) are installing. I'm just getting a window pop up saying "Working" but nothing actually happens.

John

Salamander

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:34 am

Salamander wrote:
masterluke wrote:Can anyone else confirm a problem playing back the file under Openelec via the headphone jack or is it just me?
I'm having same issue with HDMI audio. I'll see if I can try your clip tonight.
Have you tried with r11949?
Confirmed on r11949 published at testbuilds. Buzz sounds like distant, on the background. It's like if at the down-mixing process this channel is assigned a lower volume. It sounds OK being played on the TV or PC. Have tried many different audio settings (speaker configuration 2.1, 2.0, 5.1, boost volume level on downmix, DTS/AAC capable device) to no avail. Also, video ends 1/2 seconds earlier.

Another issues I have found so far:
- Favourites don't launching media streams. I've tried with audio add-on's Radio and ListenLiveEU. If I add a favourite for a category, it opens with no problem, but if the favourite is a radio station it will not play at all.
- USB devices keep reconnecting when extracted, thus preventing a "save extraction". LED at the device blinks for a split second, so you have to be extra quick to push the button at the remote and then unplug the device.

BTW, just overclocked my PI and now menus and general operation is much more fluent. My settings are:
arm_freq=900 # default 700
core_freq=450 # default 250
sdram_freq=500 # default 400

Now CPU Usage when idle is about 50%, with default settings it was 90%. Still have to try sdram_freq=600 ;)
Responsiveness have increased a lot, but still miss some feedback at some point, when you push a button at the remote but nothing happens on screen after some seconds. RSS and Wheather are off.

Many thanks for your help. Work made by dev teams at XBMC, OpenELEC and RPIF is plain awesome!

zanardi

Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Someone can explain me:

Openelec make the media player! On the site I can download the source: http://openelec.tv/get-openelec/
In the wiky I found the istruction for compile the code :?

This have sense? i'm a developer but I prefer download an image, es: http://openelec.thestateofme.com/

All ok. It work, but every day i find one or more new version.

Where can i find information about the new feature, the bug fix, ecc?

caravela

Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:16 pm

check https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/commits/master

lately there were a lot of fixes like pvr, CEC, taglib, xbmc

it seems to me that openelec keeps update to the xbmc master tree it is off for a day, two max.

Tavalin

Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi guys,

I've got a problem that I hope you can help with, I also hope this is an appropriate place as it's related to OpenELEC. Since the overclocking announcement I've tried editing the config.txt to overclock my OpenELEC image to see if I could get some more responsiveness in the menus. I used the following settings recommended in the overclocking thread:

arm_freq=1000
disable_overscan=1
over_voltage=6
core_freq=400
gpu_freq=300
But since doing that when OpenELEC tries to boot I get the following message:

Error in mount_storage: mount_common: Could not mount /dev/mcblk0p2
For some reason it can't mount the storage partition.

Subsequently, even if I change the config.txt or delete it, I see the above message. If I re-image my SD card it works again so it's not the end of the world on that front but does anyone have any ideas why this happens? Is there something wrong with my overclock settings? My Pi was running happily at 900Mhz before I added the overvolt and core/gpu freq overclocks and I've never seen that error before.

Badger101

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:26 pm

dom wrote:
Badger101 wrote: BBC Iplayer seems to be broken in the latest buillds.
Yes, I've seen the same problem. Might be worth adding to bug report here:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2 ... tail?id=86
All working again with 11955 :)

Badger..

b0x

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:50 pm

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/2008 - yes please!

btw, haven't had menu sound in ages. Anyone else?

Also newest loader seems to be flaky for me. Crashed first time on boot. Rebooted got started but then couldn't find init.d line 34 or something to do with network, so no network. Rebooted again, came up with no errors that time. Maybe it needed to update something on boot? Anyways up to 11955 now and seems to be working. It's been at least a month since I've had menu sounds and I try to continually update to stay with whats current.

Salamander

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:19 am

b0x wrote:btw, haven't had menu sound in ages. Anyone else?
No menu sound here, either. Changing settings has no effect.
Maybe that sounds would help to have some feedback from the PI in that cases when you push a button at the remote and see no action displayed until some seconds. Now you don't now if that lack of activity it's your fault not pointing right at the IR receiver or it's a delay at the PI side. It would be good to have both a sound and a visual feedback (like the spinning wheel) of the command received by the PI, right at the moment you press the button. Afterwards the execution of that action can take as long as needed, but you know for certain that it received your command.

Luka666

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:29 am

b0x wrote:http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/2008 - yes please!

btw, haven't had menu sound in ages. Anyone else?

Also newest loader seems to be flaky for me. Crashed first time on boot. Rebooted got started but then couldn't find init.d line 34 or something to do with network, so no network. Rebooted again, came up with no errors that time. Maybe it needed to update something on boot? Anyways up to 11955 now and seems to be working. It's been at least a month since I've had menu sounds and I try to continually update to stay with whats current.
I`m guessing that only for the Raspbian image? Do we have an ETA for support in the OpenElec builds?

caravela

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:46 am

turbo mode is in the latest builds already

Penetratore

Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:14 pm

1. Turbo mode = automatic CPU overclock by MKV playing? and back to standard CPU when running the menu ?

2. If i`m powering RPI from TV-s USB, after starting TV it goes automaticly to "HDMI Source" were RPI is pluged and not to the last "Source" when the TV was turned off.
Can this be changed??

Using Samsung d6750 Smart TV.

Return to “Media centres”