The Russian

Re: SqueezePlug for Raspberry Pi ready for download

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:18 am

I can´t get the Squeeze Plug to boot,when I insert the SD card that I have done using win32diskimager,nothing happends.
When I look in the file browser theres only about 18 mb of files on the card,boot files and stuff,shouldn´there be more?
I have tried this card with NOOBOS so it´s not the card thats faulty.What could be wrong?

wouterel

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:41 am

See this thread (or any of the other threads just like it) and the link it refers to:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... ot#p417223

If that doesn't solve your issue, try again here.

znelbok

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:43 am

Great use of the Pi - well done. This prompted me to buy my first Pi to use for audio in the house.

One question - when the player is turned on and off, is there a way to trigger a discrete output so a connected amp can be turned on and off as well (through approprite relays of course).

Looking at a distributed multiroom setup with the amp and Pi in each audio zone. I want the amp to trun on automatically when the player is turned on.

Thanks

cmodias

Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:24 pm

Hi there.

First post here.

Well I installed the Squeezeplug and works fine... but.. I can't install the USB HD.
I'm using the setup tool to mount it like /mnt/hd1. In the USB info device I get:
USB device: /dev/mmc
USB device ID: UUID=b7...
Filesystem: non-nfts
When I try to format it has ext2 I get the message:
umount /dev/mmc1: not found

The USB HD is connected to power HUB. Do I need to connect the USB HD to power source?

If I use a USB flash work fine.

Thanks,
Carlos Dias

fuzzybee

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:43 pm

I have somewhat searched for the answer to this question in the thread, but haven't found it.

I am using SqueezePlug 6 (how do I determine which point release it is?). I have it set up to use my analog audio output on the Pi. After a period of time (not sure what the period is, but within 24 hours), the sound is horrible. Rebooting the Pi seems to take care of the problem - until it happens again. This happens whether I'm playing audio or not - if I'm not playing audio when it happens, the first time I start to play I notice it.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

kelsojim

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:04 pm

znelbok wrote:Great use of the Pi - well done. This prompted me to buy my first Pi to use for audio in the house.

One question - when the player is turned on and off, is there a way to trigger a discrete output so a connected amp can be turned on and off as well (through approprite relays of course).

Looking at a distributed multiroom setup with the amp and Pi in each audio zone. I want the amp to trun on automatically when the player is turned on.

Thanks
I think some active speakers have input sensing software that shuts the power supply down after a period of inactivity.
I know AVI make at least 2 models with this.
http://hddaudio.net/viewtopic.php?id=7282
I have AVI ADM9s and can vouch for their quality.
Regards
Jim

gabevr

Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:42 pm

Has anyone here successfully mounted a smb share on a MAC using smbup. Apple killed smb with Lion so I'm using smbup to share my media. I've followed the squeezeplug setup but cant get my itunes library to mount. I've tried manually mounting using mount command with no success. the path to my itunes has spaces and capitals in it, does that matter?

Thanks for any help!

kelsojim

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:57 pm

I had an IMac and tried several ways to share my music from there without success.
Apple are getting increasingly closed in and unfriendly to other systems.
I gave up and stored my music on a pc running Linux Mint.
I can now access my music easily.
I have also sold my Mac!

castalla

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:53 am

Have you tried something like:

Code: Select all

mount cifs //192.168.0.x/public /mnt/public -o user=myusername,password=mypassword,nounix,sec=ntlmssp,noperm,rw
Change the info as required for your system

Mr.Dave

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:30 am

I decided to give squeezeplug a shot today at becoming my media server for streaming video from my NAS to my Roku box, only when I ask it to install the MiniDLNA server, it just gives an error saying check internet connection, not installed

I have an internet connection and squeezeplug shows up in my network locations on the PC

What gives ?

Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy/main libavformat53 armhf 6:0.8.4-1+rpi1
404 Not Found

EDIT - Fixed it with --fix-missing

Can not for the life of me fathom out how to set my NAS as the location of my video files though

location is //DD-WRT (or router IP) /Samba NAS/Shared Media/

How do I set that as the media location ?

castalla

Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:17 am

Can we assume that you have the file location specified for LMS using the squeezeplug setup (music library)?

If so, then you need to edit the minidlna config file:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mi ... a_Handling

What are you using on the Roku to play the files? Roku is rubbish as it has a limited set of video codecs ... try using Chaneru2 to see and play the files.

kelsojim

Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:24 am

If its video first then OpenElec may be a better choice.
Never used it for audio though.
Easy to sort network shares.
This would be your player and you could retire / sell the Roku.

Mr.Dave

Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:05 pm

castalla wrote:Can we assume that you have the file location specified for LMS using the squeezeplug setup (music library)?

If so, then you need to edit the minidlna config file:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mi ... a_Handling

What are you using on the Roku to play the files? Roku is rubbish as it has a limited set of video codecs ... try using Chaneru2 to see and play the files.
Actually I only installed the MiniDLNA server, not the LMS, is that needed too? I edited the config file to add the IP and directory location of my NAS manually, which the auto config had already added anyway, but still no dice

I was using Chaneru2 on the Roku, it could see the Pi and browse the Squeezeplug dirs, but there was no connection to the NAS, every folder I opened on the Roku said "Empty Folder!"

Im sure it's something I have overlooked or not done correctly, but Im following the instructions as closely as possible and it refuses to pick up the NAS dir

At the minute I use the Pi running OpenELEC to actually watch the videos streamed over WiFi from my NAS (Which is just a HDD connected to the router USB, shared using Samba running on DD-WRT)

But the WiFi on the Pi is bad, it gives network errors halfway through films, even though the time stays synced and is actually still connected, forcing me to reboot the Pi to connect again

So my plan was to move the Pi downstairs, wire it to the Router LAN to remove the WiFI issue, and use Squeezeplug as the Media Server, then stream them up to the Roku box which has much better WiFi

The Roku seems very limited when it comes to local streaming though, barely any channels / apps to do the job

castalla

Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:17 am

No, you don't need LMS.

But, I think you need to mount the external drive.

It must be an issue on how you are specifying the NAS address.

Can't Chaneru see the NAS independent of the Pi - is it UPnP/DNLA compatible?

Is there a miniDNLA forum - you'll get more definitive support there.

Mr.Dave

Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:15 pm

No, the router is not running MiniDLNA or any other type of media server other than Samba Server, it is literally only sharing the files over the network, so nothing other than devices with network access can see the files, Chaneru can't see it without the Pi, or with it at the minute

Surely following the actual built in "Configure MiniDNLA" ought to map the NAS correctly? Like I say manually editing the config file shows it has added the correct location

There is a way to install MiniDLNA on the router, but I haven't had much luck with that either

I think I`ll just give this one a miss, might run some CAT cable up to the bedroom to remove the wireless issue and just keep running OpenELEC

castalla

Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:43 pm

Why not use LMS - you can set an option to enable UPnP. It works with Chaneru2. You'll need to set up the NAS as the 'music' library - you can scan in LMS for video files.

Mr.Dave

Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:33 pm

Ah ok thanks, might give that a shot during the week then, I've still got my Micro SDCard with squeezeplug installed on it so easy enough to swap over

forsakenrider

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:07 pm

So I've got some weird stuff going on. Some how my squeeze plug has filled my entire 8gb sd card! What is going on here? I am only using it for a player and have the server on my main PC.

I cant imagine how this little headless OS could fill up the SD unless it is creating some files that I dont know about. Any insight would be great.

castalla

Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:47 am

What's the problem? The squeezeplug system expands to use the full sd card on first install. If you only installed a player, then that's the only application you have from the squeezeplug suite. The other files are all those forming part of linux.

forsakenrider

Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:21 pm

The problem is that my SD card is full after a couple weeks of use. Now I can no longer update because the card is full. How could just the player and OS use my entire 8gb card? and why did it take weeks to get full? I removed all x related files and that gave me a bit of free space and after 3 days my SD is full again.

How can I check what is going on?

castalla

Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:41 pm

No idea - what you describe is not normal! Which player did you install?

Paul Webster

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:29 pm

If you type "df" at the console does it show that you really have 8GB partition?

forsakenrider

Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:43 pm

I installed Squeezeplay I believe. Its been a while. I also am using "atx-raspi" which uses some code to monitor some GPIO pins that signal a shutdown. I cant image its that.

df showed 7.2gb for root. So yeah Im sure, It said it was 100% used even when it said 6.9gb used, only until I got it lower then that did it normally boot without weird errors about mounting "tmp".

I guess I will format and start again. I've had a lot of problems with it. Mostly wifi I presume. Like randomly not connecting to my network or connecting but not seeing the squeezebox server.

BTW, if there something I should check before format, let me know!

holliswhy

Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:59 am

Hi guys,

Hope I could get some help here. I don't have programming/ coding knowledge....

This is what I have done so far
Running a Raspberry Pi
Flashed SD card with Squeezeplug software
ssd into [email protected] address
Installed LMS + updates + expanded SD card
I am able to access LMS via ip address: 9000

My music is stored in a Synology NAS and would like to have this mounted into the Squeezeplug
Used "Media Handling"
NFS
Entered in ip address of the NAS ie. 192.168.1.5
And entered in the folder "Music"

After pressing enter, nothing happens in terminal, and whatever I type ends up being in the bottom, in a white space, showing all the keys I press.

Tried logging into LMS, unable to "see" the NAS.

Hope I could get some light here.

Thanks
Hollis

castalla

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:52 am

Have a look here for some tips:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... NAS-mounts

Easier if you can switch the NAS to use CIFS

Return to “Media centres”