castalla

Re: SqueezePlug Version 7 available

Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:16 am

twiddlepie wrote:
twiddlepie wrote:
castalla wrote:Have you reinstalled the card and tried again?
I uninstalled Squeezelite and when I re installed it and added the Wolfson, it said "looks like wolfson is already installed" or something like that. Do you know how i can uninstall the wolfson stuff without starting from scratch with the LMS as well? I have loaded some accounts, i.e. Slacker, and i have misplaced my password, so don't want to re-load that, if I can help it...
OK, so i just went through the whole install again through squeezeplug (LMS & Squeeezelite), and no luck with the mp3 radio again, unfortunately.

is there anyone else that is using a wolfson audio card?
Grrr! - hope you get a reply on Element 14 ....

squeezy

Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:36 am

Hello truehl
I use squeezeplug as the basis for the operation of the Logitech Media Server.
I have the USB Flash Drive (64 GB) fresh fat32 formatted with squeezeplug and then prepared him for a media collection.
My music collection includes a total of 40 GB, but when I copy the files in the network on the media / audio folder of the stick, breaking the process invariably followed 10 folders, allegedly because not enough free space was available.
If I put the drive into a USB port, it is, however, completely empty. Normally, the directory structure should be there but also to see, right? How can i copy the music attaching the USB device directly on a usb port ??
Hope very much you oder anybode else can help !!
Last edited by squeezy on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

tushma

Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi again! Im hapilly announcing that i connected popcorn hour as Samba NAS with LMS and Squeezelite on my Raspberry pi. My main mistake was not adding "/" in config media library when asking for "raid/data/music". So it should be "/raid/data/music", not "raid/data/music". In my case /pch-c200/share/music (not pch-c200/share/music). So ive tried Pimusicbox, Rune, Volumino, and Squeezeplug is most complete of them all! Well, unfortunately its not enough for me. :cry: Also it seems that Squeezeplug is slowest of them all! :cry: :cry: :cry: Also, in all of them, there is not cue support for individual tracks :shock: Is there any solution? I really want my Squeezeplug! Thnx again!

tushma

Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:57 am

How can someone install older versions (and which one) of squeezeplug to get more speed on it?

nitram

Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:29 pm

I've mistakenly posted a question about SqueezePlug in the general Raspberry forum, here:

<http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... =94864&e=0>

In brief, I have encountered a problem while installing SqueezePlug 7.5 on a Raspberry Pi B. I have specified that an external harddrive is mounted on hd1, but the drive doesn't show up either in the LMS configuration, or when I list files at the command line. Instead, inside the hd1 folder I find listed all the folders at the root level of the Pi!

More details on the link above, and a link from there to the Slim forums, where I originally posted.

fherb

Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:02 pm

Hello and thanks for work of Thomas!

My problem is Spotify. It doesn't work also with lame.

Before I installed the LMS, I installed some encoders (suggested by an Ubuntu wiki):

apt-get install lame
apt-get install faad
apt-get install libmpcdec6
apt-get install mppenc
apt-get install vorbis-tools
apt-get install wavpack

only apt-get install faac was not possible, because it is not in the official repository.

After this I installed LMS and the SqueezeLite Player. And normal use of this is possible. Thanks again, Thomas!

I have a paid account of Spotify (Premium) and it is important for me to use Spotify additional to a local DLNA server in my private net and Internet radio stations for this SqueezePlug.

But (only) Spotify is current not working. Playing of a song starts but some seconds LMS tried the next song also without success. The shown Codec on the Web interface of LMS is "320k VBR, Ogg Vorbis (Spotify)".

LMS could identify my Lame installation. It shows it during my first configuration after installation. This can not be the reason of the problem.

Thomas' work is very good. And I hope that the LMS will be also supported in future. Logitech doesn't sell Squeeze products now. The future of Logitech looks like Bluetooth. But this is not the same.

Best regards and in expectation of some help,
Frank

fherb

Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:17 am

Solved: Spotify plugin of Triode works. But not the official Spotify plugin of Logitech.
Best regards
Frank

spetty

Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:08 am

Hello,

Would LMS see a USB DVD/CD drive slotted into a USB port on the Pi. Would it play using SqueezeLite?

For me that would be the icing on the cake of this excellent system.

Sam

Paul Webster

Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:05 am

spetty wrote: Would LMS see a USB DVD/CD drive slotted into a USB port on the Pi. Would it play using SqueezeLite?

For me that would be the icing on the cake of this excellent system
I don't think that LMS (or Squeezelite with local file support) would see the audio CD (assuming that this is what you are referring to and not a CD full of MP3 (etc) data files).
However, there is a plug-in for LMS called CDPlayer that uses a tool called CDDA2WAV that might work.
The plug-in worked on Windows, Mac and Linux and the tool worked on RPi (I found a blog post where someone had it working with a Samsung drive but on ArchLinux).
If you hunt around you might find that someone has already done it but if not then this is your chance to work it out and write it up!

Sam_Y

Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Just wanted to link this thread to the new Version 7.50 thread:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 35&t=94824

Return to “Media centres”