tushma

Re: SqueezePlug Version 7 available

Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:12 am

Yes i am sir. ;) And i know PCH adress, network name, user and password. File location is probably /share or /Music. I tried them both, and together, but unfortunately dooesnt work. On other forums tells me it has something to do with some gvfs? :?: I dont know should that be important. On rune audio and Volumino to mount a Nas i have to type: ro,noatime,sec=ntlmv2 in mount section.?

Are you using the setup music library to do this?

You need to know

PCH ip address or network name
PCH user and password
file location - probably /Share (unless you have changed the location[/quote]

castalla

Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:00 am

Okay - are you using mount command to do this?

What command are you using - exact line please.

tushma

Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:33 am

Sorry. I dont use mount command. I do it all trough squeezeplug interface. First it ask IP adress of server, then path (raid/share/music-or something like that), then server username and password. I know how to connect using Putty, but i dont know any mount command.

castalla

Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:21 pm

tushma wrote:Sorry. I dont use mount command. I do it all trough squeezeplug interface. First it ask IP adress of server, then path (raid/share/music-or something like that), then server username and password. I know how to connect using Putty, but i dont know any mount command.
Okay. This could get complicated! and you'll need to test out various options.

Login to pi

Type:

sudo mkdir /MUSIC

then

Code: Select all

sudo mount -t cifs //yournasipaddress/share /MUSIC  -o username=yourusername,password=yourpassword,ro,noatime,sec=ntlmv2
If there are no errors, then the mount has been successful.

If errors, try mount commnd again but change to

Code: Select all

sudo mount -t cifs //yournasipaddress/share/Music /MUSIC  -o username=yourusername,password=yourpassword,ro,noatime,sec=ntlmv2
report back

tushma

Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:22 am

I tried. Nothing. After first line command it shows something like mount instructions, and possibilities "one can mount this and that, one can share"....an so on. At the end says something like look at the "man 8 mount". But no error. After second command user,password, it shows nothing. But again, no error. I looked at LMS web browser, there is new directory MUSIC, but no files and music.

castalla

Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:59 am

tushma wrote:I tried. Nothing. After first line command it shows something like mount instructions, and possibilities "one can mount this and that, one can share"....an so on. At the end says something like look at the "man 8 mount". But no error. After second command user,password, it shows nothing. But again, no error. I looked at LMS web browser, there is new directory MUSIC, but no files and music.
Okay - remember this is all testing until we can be certain the Pi sees the NAS.

I assume that you haven't rebooted or switched the Pi off.

Login and type:

ls /MUSIC

Do you see any files listed?

tushma

Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:17 pm

No.Nothing. :(

castalla

Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:42 pm

So, you confirm that

sudo mount -t cifs //yournasipaddress/share/Music /MUSIC -o username=yourusername,password=yourpassword,ro,noatime,sec=ntlmv2

produces no errors

but

ls /MUSIC

shows nothing ?

You are entering your nas username and password ?

Reboot the PI - try command again as:

sudo mount -t cifs //yournasipaddress/share/Music /MUSIC -o username=yourusername,password=yourpassword,ro,sec=ntlmv2

then

ls /MUSIC

tushma

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:36 am

Yes, i comfirm that. And im entering Nas username and password. I also tried with instaling MPD music server and player. Should that be the same procedure?I also install Samba server. Is that OK? Should i, when following your instructions, set music library options in GUI? Is command sudo mount -t cifs //yournasipaddress...1 line command or 2? :oops:

tushma

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:27 pm

Report: mount error (115): Operation now in progress
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

castalla

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:42 pm

I have no idea about MPD. Sorry.

You will get NOTHING to see your NAS unless you know the network path to the shared folder. The mount command is only a temporary means to see if you can connect the Pi to the NAS. Once we can confirm that the Pi sees the files, then there are other steps we have to do to make the connection permanent.

Is there a configuration menu on the PCH to set up shared folders?

Reboot - try mount command again as:

[command is all on one line]

sudo mount -t cifs //yournasipaddress/share/Music /MUSIC -o username=yourusername,password=yourpassword

If failure, try with

sudo mount -t cifs //yournasipaddress/share /MUSIC -o username=yourusername,password=yourpassword

If failure, try with

sudo mount -t cifs //yournasipaddress/Music /MUSIC -o username=yourusername,password=yourpassword

If there's no failure, then do ls /MUSIC

tushma

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:13 am

Works not. I quit. Thnx on your pations and time! I will stick with Raspbmc (for now) wich automaticaly recognize my NAS. Thnx again, you ve been very helpfull!!!

hannesie

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:35 am

Maybe the NAS give a NFS, and not the CIFS free for your music.

castalla

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:11 am

tushma wrote:Works not. I quit. Thnx on your pations and time! I will stick with Raspbmc (for now) wich automaticaly recognize my NAS. Thnx again, you ve been very helpfull!!!
Okay. Sorry we couldn't get it working.

noxid8

Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:39 pm

Is it me or does SqueezePlug not work with the Raspberry Pi B+? I tried to load the image but most of the hardware doesn't load, USB, Network etc.

Thanks.

drgeoff

Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:03 pm

Known issue. The software is pre-B+ and doesn't instruct the SoC to generate a clock signal for the LAN/USB chip. Hence USB and LAN don't work on a B+.

Has been discussed in these forums - one thread is currently on the index page of this forum section. For more, do a search using a proper search engine not the crummy search tool in the top right corner of the page.

noxid8

Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Ok, thanks. Plans and timeline to get it integrated into SqueezePlug?

noxid8

Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:27 am

noxid8 wrote:Ok, thanks. Plans and timeline to get it integrated into SqueezePlug?
I got it working. I still have some older PIs so I put the SSD in one of my plain B models, booted it up and ran rpi-update. After that I put it back in my B+ and everything seems to be good.

Paul Webster

Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:44 am

The Squeezeplug creator has not been around for a long time - and no updates.
I have tried to make contact with him by email a couple of times in recent months but not had a reply.
Perhaps he is unwell.

twiddlepie

Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:48 am

Hi,

I have tried a number of times to get the LMS to see my NAS (WD Mybook Live) with all my music files on it, but with no luck. My Music is stored in a share with no access restrictions, "Public\Music" (i.e. no user name or password required for any other device that accesses this share).

I have a couple of questions, which I see a number of people have asked (here and other forums), but there doesn't seem to be a clear answer (at least not to a novice). My questions are:

1. Do I actually need to install the samba server on the Pi? What purpose does it serve?
2. Do I set up the NAS access through the samba or NFS option in the Squeezeplug install?

I have tried every iteration I can think of and cant get it to work, so would very much appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Adrian

castalla

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:22 am

You do not need Samba.

You do need to specify the correct nas path:

I have to go out for a few hours - check back after 13:00 and I'll try to help.

hannesie

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:10 am

fstab.JPG
fstab.JPG (43.21 KiB) Viewed 2640 times
You have to edit your fstab.

This is mine, on the same way for a Vortexbox, that I use and for my RPI's
Its possible not a nfs4, that depend on the export from your NAS.
Its the latest line 10.0.0.122......................................, you have to find out with what and export and IP, and the mount is /storage/...... on your RPI.

castalla

Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:28 pm

As above: you need to know the ip address of the NAS.

Then, you will need to edit the fstab file located in /etc.

I would suggest the following before you do any editing.

1. Login to Pi

2. Make a new directory:

sudo mkdir /mnt/MYMUSIC

3. Do a test mount to check the NAS is seen

sudo mount -t cifs //NAS-ip-address/Public/Music /mnt/MYMUSIC

4. If you don't get an error message, then

ls /mnt/MYMUSIC

5. Yu should get a list of the music files

Report back, after this stage

twiddlepie

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:42 am

Hi castalla and hannesie,

Thanks for the help!

So, I have set up the mount as described in the steps, and can see the files from the Pi on my NAS drive, in this case in the location NAS-IP-Address/Music.

Interestingly, when I went to mount it, the PI asked for a password. As the "Music" share on my NAS is not protected, I just pushed enter, and it was all good.

So now how do I get Squeezeplug to see this NAS folder? Why does the Squeezeplug set up that you go through not find it and set it up? Am I doing something wrong? Or does it not work, and I am required to manually edit that fstab file? This seems strange, as supposedly you don't need any knowledge of Linux to set up Squeezeplug. Clearly I have none! :-)

So if I need to edit that fstab file manually, how do I do this?

Thanks,
Adrian

castalla

Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:44 am

Okay.

It's a 3 stage process.

1. Assume you are using Windows. Install WinSCP - http://winscp.net/eng/download.php

This will make it easier for you to edit the file as a non-linux user

Once installed, play a little to get used to the interface

2. Using putty, login as usual. At the prompt type:

sudo passwd root

Type a password of your choice, retype for confirmation. There is no feedback - choose something easy to type!

3. Login again using WinSCP but using root and password navigate to the /etc folder. Scroll down the folder contents and find the flie fstab . There is also a folder called /fstab - that is not what you want.

-----------------------

Confirm you are happy with the above! Then we can edit the file as a final step.

Return to “Media centres”