mantekka

Re: SqueezePlug Version 7 available

Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Great, just got it working :lol:
Fantastic. Thanks Thomas, I think I owe you a donation :)

truehl

Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:38 pm

mantekka wrote:Great, just got it working :lol:
Fantastic. Thanks Thomas, I think I owe you a donation :)
I'm glad it's working now. It's a little bit tricky, because the standard kernel doesn't support the Wolfson card. It will be much more easy, when the drivers are included. I hope the foundation will manage this soon!

Thomas
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de

Han963

Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:17 am

Goodmorning

After using squeezeplug 3.4 for some time I upgraded to 7.07 2 days ago:
LMS working more then perfect , much faster response, perfect.

Now I want to install MPD , ans this does not work. I get error message: MPD not installed.

My question: if I have installed LMS I can't install MPD?

With kind regards

Han

P.S. I want to install MPD so I can stream music over the internet to Iphone / android Phone

coolestone

Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:35 pm

Hello, just installed SqueezePlug Version 7. user : root accepted but password typing via usb keyboard german has no reation?

means: letters and numbers has no reaction?

Thank you for helping answers.

truehl

Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:01 am

coolestone wrote:Hello, just installed SqueezePlug Version 7. user : root accepted but password typing via usb keyboard german has no reation?

User is "root" Password is "nosoup4u". If you have a problem with your USB keyboard, please try to log in from SSH (Putty).

Thomas
truehl

truehl

Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:01 am

Han963 wrote:Goodmorning

Now I want to install MPD , ans this does not work. I get error message: MPD not installed.

With kind regards

Han

P.S. I want to install MPD so I can stream music over the internet to Iphone / android Phone
MPD should work, I'll check this out at weekend!

Thomas
truehl

mantekka

Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:58 pm

truehl wrote:
coolestone wrote:Hello, just installed SqueezePlug Version 7. user : root accepted but password typing via usb keyboard german has no reation?

User is "root" Password is "nosoup4u". If you have a problem with your USB keyboard, please try to log in from SSH (Putty).

Thomas
I had a problem with the keyboard before and it turned out to be a lack of power. Do you have any other USB devices plugged in? Try removing them, or use a better power supply 5v 2A

mantekka

Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:00 pm

truehl wrote:
Han963 wrote:Goodmorning

With kind regards

Han

MPD should work, I'll check this out at weekend!

Thomas
Also, if you're checking things, I tried to install miniDNLA on the latest version of squeezeplug via the setup menu and it failed due to an error, which I couldn't see as the setup dialog came up with a failed notice.

Paul Webster

Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:25 pm

coolestone wrote: means: letters and numbers has no reaction?
The password characters are not echoed back (or asterisks) when you type a password on many systems (a security measure).

Paul Webster

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:33 pm

Suggestion - how about splitting the Samba part into 2.
One that shares out the media and the other that does rootfs.
I say this because sharing out the entire root file system with full anonymous read/write could lead to errors & mistakes when accessed in the home network (and possibly other unwanted consequences).
It is easy enough for someone to edit the /etc/samba/smb.conf to take out the share but my guess is that most won't think about that until too late.

truehl

SqueezePlug Version 7.08 released

Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:24 pm

SqueezePlug Version 7.08 released:

Minor patch from 12.04.2014
IQaudIO Soundcard support added

Changelog:
- squeezelite.sh add IQaudIO support

Please update your SqueezePlug from the setup menu: Type "setup" from the console and choose <Basic Configuration> and then <Update_SP>.

IQaudIO Pi-DAC Features:

- Full-HD audio – up to 24-bit/192kHz playback
- Advanced mute, pop and click removal built-in
- I2S to reduce CPU load over USB audio solutions
- Integrated hardware volume control, full 2v RMS
- Raspberry Pi powered half size format
- Industry standard audio quality Phono connectors
- Class leading audio; 112db SNR, and -93db THD
- Audiophile TI Burr Brown 32-bit/384kHz DAC (TI PCM5122)
- Two I/O headers allowing additional buttons / LEDs / LCD / rotary encoders to be added without any additional soldering or modification.
- Fully built and tested Raspberry Pi accessory – this is not a self build kit!
- Mechanically solid I2S digital audio connection (P5 header)
- Zero risk of signal loss due to poorly connected “pogo” pins or similar.
- Designed and manufactured in the UK
truehl

Paul Webster

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:24 pm

This looks good - and I almost went and bought the IQaudIO immediately - but the very end of the page of details says that soldering is required to attach a P5 header.
It is a long long time since I did any soldering and it was pretty poor even then.

Will boards with the header already attached come from the foundation in the near future or do I risk it and get a soldering iron (or find a neighbour who can do it)?

mantekka

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:27 pm

Paul Webster wrote:
Will boards with the header already attached come from the foundation in the near future or do I risk it and get a soldering iron (or find a neighbour who can do it)?
The wolfson audio module doesn't require any soldering

Paul Webster

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:31 pm

I know - see my other post in the IQaudIO thread.

truehl

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:52 pm

Paul Webster wrote:This looks good - and I almost went and bought the IQaudIO immediately - but the very end of the page of details says that soldering is required to attach a P5 header.
It is a long long time since I did any soldering and it was pretty poor even then.

I'm also no expert in soldering, but it's only the P5 connector you have to solder at 8 points. I think it should be possible for everyone to do that. For me it works for the first time with the IQaudIO! you can also find some fried to do that?! It's worth trying, the sound is absolutely fantastic. I don't think, the foundation will change something with the board. The problem is that some cards uses female, some male and some no connectors on the Raspberry board. I think the best solution is the connector of the wolfson card, because you don't need any connector on the Pi.

Thomas
truehl

dimmer01

Best player? Odroid vs Pi + Wolfson

Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:49 pm

I love the LMS system and interface, however, I'm frustrated by a couple issues.
1) loss of sync between zones, or "skips" in music as zones sync up
2) need to reboot Pi's on occasion ... usually after listening to on-line radio stations

My configuration is, LMS server on Win7, connect to switch, networked to second switch, which has 4 Raspberry Pi's with USB DACs, and finally to a multichannel amp. I have tried various USB DACs and they all seem to perform similarly. Ping response from server to Pi's is 1ms, so I don't think that the network is the issue. I am suspecting that it is limitations of the Pi/USB that are causing the issue.

I have been considering upgrading to the Wolfson DACs, however, the Odroid platform sounds really appealing as it has considerably faster perfomance and the DAC is already onboard. The Odroid seems like cleaner and more versatile solution, costs about the same as Pi + I2S DAC, while performing faster. However, I have not seen much reviews on the Odroid's audio out jack.

Wondering if there are any recommendations on which way to go?

Gerhardc

Squeezeplug for Ondroid

Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi Thomas,

i just installed Sqeezeplug on Ondroid U3 board without any gliches. It is very powerfull and responsive. I used a micro SD card instead of a eMMC card. It is hard to get this card in germany.. I was long waiting for a faster board to replace the Raspberry Pi.

Thank you for this impressive implementation.

truehl

Re: Squeezeplug for Ondroid

Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Gerhardc wrote:Hi Thomas,

i just installed Sqeezeplug on Ondroid U3 board without any gliches. It is very powerfull and responsive. I used a micro SD card instead of a eMMC card. It is hard to get this card in germany.. I was long waiting for a faster board to replace the Raspberry Pi.

Thank you for this impressive implementation.
Hi,
That's very nice to hear! You are the first reporting back it works! I think a combination of Odroid as server and Raspbery Pi with a I2C soundcard as players is the best you can get! If you use a eMMC card, the performance of scanning is like releasing the break! Odroid is available from Germany to complete Europe, take a look here: http://shop.max2play.com/de/ . Please inform the guys that you got the hint from me!

Thomas

P.S. Tell me how it's working for you the next days, thanks!
truehl

Gerhardc

Squeezeplug for Ondroid

Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi Thomas,

LMS on Ondroid runs very well. I have tested flac and mp3 music files and radio streams, all ok. Running playlists from Spotify indicates running is going on in the LMS Webinterface, but no sound cames out from player (Picoreplayer or Softsqueeze). In the Webinterfaces it counts 1 to 5 second and then resets to 0 and counting begins again from 0 up to the end. With Ipeng7 it counts from 0 second to the end and no sound is hearing. This is not the case on the Raspberry Squeezeplug. The LMS log file has no entry.

Gerhardc

unable to Spotify

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:00 pm

In addition to my previose post, i have tested the Ondroid internal squeelite player. LMS log file shows following:
[14-04-15 19:51:31.6680] Plugins::Spotify::ProtocolHandler::handleDirectError (366) stream failed - bad player: -5
I use the Triode plugin for Spotify.

I'm not shure what kind of problem this is. But with the Squeezeplug Raspi it runs flawless.

Paul Webster

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:23 pm

My IQaudIO board arrived today.
Will be practicing soldering skills over Easter - also plan to add an infrared remote.

truehl

Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:40 am

Paul Webster wrote:Suggestion - how about splitting the Samba part into 2.
One that shares out the media and the other that does rootfs.
I say this because sharing out the entire root file system with full anonymous read/write could lead to errors & mistakes when accessed in the home network (and possibly other unwanted consequences).
It is easy enough for someone to edit the /etc/samba/smb.conf to take out the share but my guess is that most won't think about that until too late.
Hi Paul,
I think it is a good idea! There is no need from "normal" users to share the rootfs. I'll think about it!

Thomas
truehl

truehl

Re: unable to Spotify

Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:45 am

Gerhardc wrote:In addition to my previose post, i have tested the Ondroid internal squeelite player. LMS log file shows following:
[14-04-15 19:51:31.6680] Plugins::Spotify::ProtocolHandler::handleDirectError (366) stream failed - bad player: -5
I use the Triode plugin for Spotify.

I'm not shure what kind of problem this is. But with the Squeezeplug Raspi it runs flawless.
Hi,
I'm getting a second Odroid device soon and I'll check it. My first Odroid is in "production" now so testing is not easy. I think we will still need a premium account to run it on LMS, right?

Thomas
truehl

Gerhardc

Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:23 am

Hallo Thomas,

yes, a premium account is necessary.

Gerhardc

Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:18 am

Hi Thomas,

i have now reinstalled LMS with the latest Version 7.9 and now it works with Spotify. Great! The next step for me is to order a emmc card.

Thanks for all your time investment on Squeezeplug.

Return to “Media centres”