sraue
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:36 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact: Website

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:15 pm

LastSilmaril wrote:Compile fails again (gets much further this time).
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/268147/rpi/log_r11198.7z
should be fixed now, its enough if you restart the make process after a

Code: Select all

git pull origin master

LastSilmaril
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 8:16 pm
Location: New York, USA

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:29 pm

sraue wrote:
LastSilmaril wrote:Compile fails again (gets much further this time).
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/268147/rpi/log_r11198.7z
should be fixed now, its enough if you restart the make process after a

Code: Select all

git pull origin master
OK, trying again.

patboyx
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:50 pm

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:52 pm

So I had everything working fine until I switched to "Windowed" mode.
Now I can't switch it back. Hitting either arrow (up or down) simply asks me if I want to keep the current resolution.

Any ideas?

nabla
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:09 pm

So far I tried compiling three times and it always fails... Is it because I want it with PVR?

LastSilmaril
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 8:16 pm
Location: New York, USA

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:15 pm

LastSilmaril wrote:
sraue wrote:
LastSilmaril wrote:Compile fails again (gets much further this time).
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/268147/rpi/log_r11198.7z
should be fixed now, its enough if you restart the make process after a

Code: Select all

git pull origin master
OK, trying again.
Still fails. This time, something to do with python 2.7.3
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/268147/rpi/log_newest.7z

sraue
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:36 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact: Website

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:16 pm

nabla wrote:So far I tried compiling three times and it always fails... Is it because I want it with PVR?
possible, we dont have PVR support for the RPi builds

nabla
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:24 pm

Thanks for the answer sraue.
Is it likely you will support PVR in the future?

sraue
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:36 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact: Website

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:29 pm

nabla wrote:Thanks for the answer sraue.
Is it likely you will support PVR in the future?
maybe but thats far away first there must still be much work done on the xbmc-rpi port, *i think* until its merged to xbmc's master branch there will be not much work on this.

funnel
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 8:00 am

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:35 pm

patboyx wrote:So I had everything working fine until I switched to "Windowed" mode.
Now I can't switch it back. Hitting either arrow (up or down) simply asks me if I want to keep the current resolution.

Any ideas?
In guisettings.xml the line you edited
<screenmode>WINDOW</screenmode>
change to
<screenmode>DESKTOP</screenmode>

or just delete guisettings.xml, it will be recreated after a reboot with default settings.

sraue
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:36 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact: Website

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:03 pm

luenser wrote:Thanks for the build, installed it within minutes and fired up my RPi for the first time. Unfortunately, I get locked in a boot-cycle, I can see the OpenELEC-logo, some kind of color calibration and every now and then a glimpse of xbmc - before it reboots again. Any ideas on that?
i think it can have to do with the powersupply?

LastSilmaril
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 8:16 pm
Location: New York, USA

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:12 am

LastSilmaril wrote:
Still fails. This time, something to do with python 2.7.3
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/268147/rpi/log_newest.7z
Just got the same error again.

onetootreefor
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 12:21 am

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:08 am

LastSilmaril wrote:
LastSilmaril wrote:
Still fails. This time, something to do with python 2.7.3
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/268147/rpi/log_newest.7z
Just got the same error again.
humla wrote:
BrightonGuy wrote:If it helps, I am now having the same build issue - my build environment is
Linux xxxxs 2.6.32-5-686 #1 SMP Sun May 6 04:01:19 UTC 2012 i686
on a Lenovo T23 laptop!
You can fix this problem by executing this when you get this error(as said by others in this thread). Run it from the Openelec.tv folder

Code: Select all

cp build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/Python-2.7.3/.objdir-target/libpython2.7.so* build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/Python-2.7.3/.objdir-target/Modules/

wumpyr
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:59 am

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:25 am

Used to build fine on gentoo, now shows:

Code: Select all

checking for gelf_getvernaux... no
checking whether FTW_ACTIONRETVAL is supported... yes
checking for is_selinux_enabled in -lselinux... no
checking selinux/selinux.h usability... no
checking selinux/selinux.h presence... no
checking for selinux/selinux.h... no
configure: error: libelf does not properly convert Elf64_Sxword quantities.
If you are using libelf-0.7.0, please use patches/libelf-0.7.0.patch.
make: *** [system] Errore 3
My system has elfutils-0.153 installed. Is this bogus or does elfutils need a patch too?

elektrobank
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:49 am

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:50 am

Piminiuser wrote:
Nodge wrote:Hi All,

I've just installed the R11170 image (from someones dropbox from an earlier post). All looks good except that I can't see my external hard drive plugged into the USB port. I've tried a memory stick and I've tried swapping over usb ports but still can't see them.

Earlier today I tried Rasbmc and that could see the drive ok. I'm completely new to Linux and wasn't sure where I should have been looking anyway, but with Raspbmc when I went to "Add Source" I found my drive under Root filesystem/media/usb. (Under media there was a list of USB, USB0, USB1 etc) Is this where it's supposed to be located? With OpenElec though there are no USB entries listed under Root filesystem/media/ and I couldn't see the drive anywhere else. So is it me, or has something gone wrong somewhere?

Thanks,
John
Same problem here.
Same problem here.

LastSilmaril
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 8:16 pm
Location: New York, USA

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:45 pm

onetootreefor wrote:
LastSilmaril wrote:
LastSilmaril wrote:
Still fails. This time, something to do with python 2.7.3
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/268147/rpi/log_newest.7z
Just got the same error again.
humla wrote:
BrightonGuy wrote:If it helps, I am now having the same build issue - my build environment is
Linux xxxxs 2.6.32-5-686 #1 SMP Sun May 6 04:01:19 UTC 2012 i686
on a Lenovo T23 laptop!
Thank you, somehow missed those posts. Let's see if it works this time.

You can fix this problem by executing this when you get this error(as said by others in this thread). Run it from the Openelec.tv folder

Code: Select all

cp build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/Python-2.7.3/.objdir-target/libpython2.7.so* build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/Python-2.7.3/.objdir-target/Modules/

onetootreefor
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 12:21 am

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:12 pm

ok so i compiled fine! i have the newest build as of 6/2, and I am trying to update manually by putting the Kernel and System in the Update folder. When I do this the kernel/system are recognized but it skips update do to lack of md5 checksums. There were no md5's generated during my build so how can I skip this for beta updates?

humla
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:19 pm

onetootreefor wrote:ok so i compiled fine! i have the newest build as of 6/2, and I am trying to update manually by putting the Kernel and System in the Update folder. When I do this the kernel/system are recognized but it skips update do to lack of md5 checksums. There were no md5's generated during my build so how can I skip this for beta updates?
instead of doing PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm make add a release at the and and you should get a .tar.bz2 file in the Openelec.tv/target folder. Untar it (tar xjvf) and then look at the target folder inside it.

onetootreefor
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 12:21 am

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:26 pm

humla wrote:instead of doing PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm make add a release at the and and you should get a .tar.bz2 file in the Openelec.tv/target folder. Untar it (tar xjvf) and then look at the target folder inside it.
thanks so much! worked like a charm its updating now!

basst85
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:57 pm

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Download OpenELEC r11203 image files (for 2 and 4 GB SDcards) here:
http://www.basst.nl/?p=591

LastSilmaril
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 8:16 pm
Location: New York, USA

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:45 pm

onetootreefor wrote:
You can fix this problem by executing this when you get this error(as said by others in this thread). Run it from the Openelec.tv folder

Code: Select all

cp build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/Python-2.7.3/.objdir-target/libpython2.7.so* build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/Python-2.7.3/.objdir-target/Modules/
So I just managed to do that twice, but this is annoying, as every time I want to recompile cleanly I have to let it go, wait for it to fail, copy the requisite files, and run the compile again - unless I don't run an initial "make clean". It's a time-waster.

sraue
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:36 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact: Website

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:56 pm

LastSilmaril wrote:
onetootreefor wrote:
You can fix this problem by executing this when you get this error(as said by others in this thread). Run it from the Openelec.tv folder

Code: Select all

cp build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/Python-2.7.3/.objdir-target/libpython2.7.so* build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/Python-2.7.3/.objdir-target/Modules/
So I just managed to do that twice, but this is annoying, as every time I want to recompile cleanly I have to let it go, wait for it to fail, copy the requisite files, and run the compile again - unless I don't run an initial "make clean". It's a time-waster.
i will look at this the next days, does this ^^^ workaround help and you have after doing this *.so files in build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/Python-2.7.3/.objdir-target/Modules ? can you paste (on a pastebin site the output from "ls build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/Python-2.7.3/.objdir-target/Modules/*" ?

onetootreefor
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 12:21 am

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:09 am

LastSilmaril wrote:
onetootreefor wrote:
You can fix this problem by executing this when you get this error(as said by others in this thread). Run it from the Openelec.tv folder

Code: Select all

cp build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/Python-2.7.3/.objdir-target/libpython2.7.so* build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/Python-2.7.3/.objdir-target/Modules/
So I just managed to do that twice, but this is annoying, as every time I want to recompile cleanly I have to let it go, wait for it to fail, copy the requisite files, and run the compile again - unless I don't run an initial "make clean". It's a time-waster.
it might be a pain, but im 100% sure it will be fixed in the next build...its only a temporary solution to a temporary problem.

LastSilmaril
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 8:16 pm
Location: New York, USA

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:56 am

onetootreefor wrote:
it might be a pain, but im 100% sure it will be fixed in the next build...its only a temporary solution to a temporary problem.
Of course, of course, I just like complaining :)

notzippy
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:01 am

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:04 am

Fix for me was to do this to fix the "libelf does not properly convert Elf64_Sxword quantities."

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libelfg0-dev 
wumpyr wrote:Used to build fine on gentoo, now shows:

Code: Select all

checking for gelf_getvernaux... no
checking whether FTW_ACTIONRETVAL is supported... yes
checking for is_selinux_enabled in -lselinux... no
checking selinux/selinux.h usability... no
checking selinux/selinux.h presence... no
checking for selinux/selinux.h... no
configure: error: libelf does not properly convert Elf64_Sxword quantities.
If you are using libelf-0.7.0, please use patches/libelf-0.7.0.patch.
make: *** [system] Errore 3
My system has elfutils-0.153 installed. Is this bogus or does elfutils need a patch too?

luenser
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:48 am

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:16 am

sraue wrote:
luenser wrote:Thanks for the build, installed it within minutes and fired up my RPi for the first time. Unfortunately, I get locked in a boot-cycle, I can see the OpenELEC-logo, some kind of color calibration and every now and then a glimpse of xbmc - before it reboots again. Any ideas on that?
i think it can have to do with the powersupply?
Yes, that was it - with a different power cable and a real usb-keyboard it stops rebooting. Was using some kind of adapter for usb to ps2 before..
Unfortunately, I still got issues regarding the keyboard. XBMC starts up and I can navigate with keys and touchpad. Once I go inside System settings, the cursor disappears and XBMC doesn't respond to any key. What I _can_ do is rebooting the system with ctrl-alt-del, so the connection to the keyboard doesn't seem to be interrupted in general.
Have no idea how to solve this..

Return to “Media centres”