nabla

Re: OpenELEC meets Raspberry Pi - part 1 (XBMC)

Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:09 am

I have a similar problem. If i boot with two navigation devices (like usb keyboard and usb mouse), it freezes. Sometimes the ctrl-alt-del does the reboot, sometimes it doesn't. But if you unplug the keyboard when this happens, it unfreezes and you can continue using the mouse. :shock:

luenser

Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:18 am

Ah, so it might be a power problem after all? I'll try to get my hands on a powered usb hub and connect the keyboard to that.
It's a Logitech K400 btw, which reportedly should work fine.

nabla

Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:38 am

I have a powered hub. It makes no difference, so I doubt it's a power problem ;)

ScoobyDoo

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:46 am

basst85 wrote:Download OpenELEC r11203 image files (for 2 and 4 GB SDcards) here:
http://www.basst.nl/?p=591
Thanks, works perfectly

gazza_d

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Pulled a build of OpenELEC the other day, which works, but the git version results in a database mismatch with the git version of XBMC on my laptop, so I have been trying to build from source on my Ubuntu 12.04LTS, but am getting the following error. All the build packages suggested on the OpenELEC wiki have been installed, and double-checked. I have googled the heck out of the error but have got nowhere. any ideas or suggestions?

Code: Select all

libtool: link: `/usr/src/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/toolchain/armv6zk-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/src/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/toolchain/armv6zk-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/src/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/toolchain/armv6zk-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/src/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/toolchain/armv6zk-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/src/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/toolchain/armv6zk-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/src/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/toolchain/armv6zk-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/src/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/toolchain/armv6zk-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[3]: *** [libgudev-1.0.la] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/systemd-184'
make: *** [system] Error 2

patboyx

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:36 pm

funnel wrote:
patboyx wrote:So I had everything working fine until I switched to "Windowed" mode.
Now I can't switch it back. Hitting either arrow (up or down) simply asks me if I want to keep the current resolution.

Any ideas?
In guisettings.xml the line you edited
<screenmode>WINDOW</screenmode>
change to
<screenmode>DESKTOP</screenmode>

or just delete guisettings.xml, it will be recreated after a reboot with default settings.
Awesome thanks.

cpswan

Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:05 pm

For those using VirtualBox or similar it might be easier to configure a small second hard disk as a fake SD card for the purpose of creating images rather than putting up with the slower IO to a real SD card. I did a blog post with more details on this approach.

vines

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:34 am

elektrobank wrote:
Piminiuser wrote:
Nodge wrote:Hi All,

I've just installed the R11170 image (from someones dropbox from an earlier post). All looks good except that I can't see my external hard drive plugged into the USB port. I've tried a memory stick and I've tried swapping over usb ports but still can't see them.

Earlier today I tried Rasbmc and that could see the drive ok. I'm completely new to Linux and wasn't sure where I should have been looking anyway, but with Raspbmc when I went to "Add Source" I found my drive under Root filesystem/media/usb. (Under media there was a list of USB, USB0, USB1 etc) Is this where it's supposed to be located? With OpenElec though there are no USB entries listed under Root filesystem/media/ and I couldn't see the drive anywhere else. So is it me, or has something gone wrong somewhere?

Thanks,
John
Same problem here.
Same problem here.
Also same problem here. I can't find the usb hdd anywhere in OpenELEC. I tried different filesystems (ext3, ext3, fat32), but nothing worked. I also added the hdd partition as storage to the cmdline.txt, but I got an error on the boot screen saying it could not find the storage partition. Is there no automount support yet?

LastSilmaril

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:20 am

Trying our r11211. Didn't try a fresh db scan or connect to my mysql db, just played a vid or two. CPU usage/stability during SD playback is very good now. CPU is something like 3-13% without interacting with the video; this jumps up to 30-40% by using the mouse to pause or access the menus. I call that a marked improvement over the last few builds.
Not sure it's worth trashing the db and retesting thumbnails and artwork issues unless we know that anything in that department has changed.

Inaccessible Rail

Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:28 pm

I tried upgrading to 11212 from 10950 by copying over the kernel and system files, but just got a blank screen on startup so not sure if there have been some big changes between those versions. Went back to 10950 for now but has anyone else tried it?

sraue

Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Inaccessible Rail wrote:I tried upgrading to 11212 from 10950 by copying over the kernel and system files, but just got a blank screen on startup so not sure if there have been some big changes between those versions. Went back to 10950 for now but has anyone else tried it?
dont forget to update the bootloaderfiles on the first partion on your sdcard. we ship actualy bootloaderfiles with every build, you find them in 3rdparty/bootloader folder

LastSilmaril

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:16 pm

Inaccessible Rail wrote: so not sure if there have been some big changes
There have been big changes, on both the xbmc and openelec sides, and in the kernel. You should definitely do as sraue said and copy the bootloader files. The way xbmc handles thumbnails and the xbmc videos database have both changed significantly since r10950, so expect some issues there. Otherwise go for it

Doktor-X

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:21 pm

i think that my pi is broken in some way, i can't play h264 mkv files like i't shood i geting only 1 frame at the time and my screen constantly blinking i have try to streame from local network and from usb flash but end resault is same xvid and divx working just fine HELP!!! i dont know what to do

Inaccessible Rail

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:53 pm

LastSilmaril wrote:
Inaccessible Rail wrote: so not sure if there have been some big changes
There have been big changes, on both the xbmc and openelec sides, and in the kernel. You should definitely do as sraue said and copy the bootloader files. The way xbmc handles thumbnails and the xbmc videos database have both changed significantly since r10950, so expect some issues there. Otherwise go for it
Will my existing db be ok, or should I just delete everything and start again?

milhouse

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:02 pm

Inaccessible Rail wrote: Will my existing db be ok, or should I just delete everything and start again?
Your existing database will be automatically upgraded (if necessary). I would advise deleting your Thumbnails folder, and also the local Databases/Texture*.db (then rebooting) so that images are regenerated.

Inaccessible Rail

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:28 pm

I tried as-is to start with and it loaded fine once I copied over the additional files. Menus seem faster, but 1080p playback over SMB now has a few buffering issues for me. I'm wondering if it's downloading/updating something in the background so will leave it on and try again in the morning.

Nodge

Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:36 pm

elektrobank wrote:
Piminiuser wrote:
Nodge wrote:Hi All,

I've just installed the R11170 image (from someones dropbox from an earlier post). All looks good except that I can't see my external hard drive plugged into the USB port. I've tried a memory stick and I've tried swapping over usb ports but still can't see them.

Earlier today I tried Rasbmc and that could see the drive ok. I'm completely new to Linux and wasn't sure where I should have been looking anyway, but with Raspbmc when I went to "Add Source" I found my drive under Root filesystem/media/usb. (Under media there was a list of USB, USB0, USB1 etc) Is this where it's supposed to be located? With OpenElec though there are no USB entries listed under Root filesystem/media/ and I couldn't see the drive anywhere else. So is it me, or has something gone wrong somewhere?

Thanks,
John
Same problem here.
Same problem here.

Guys, I just tried R11212 and that sees my external hard drive no problem. Still a very buggy build as far as I'm concerned though.

Kemik

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi all,

My XBMC seems to have an issue saving the movie information. If I 'c' click and select 'Movie information' it brings up the correct thumb, fan art, etc but then as soon as I scroll to the next movie the file resets to blank.

Any ideas?

onetootreefor

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:19 pm

i have built r11225 today and made a 4gb img in case anyone is interested in the latest build. Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jls1hf9plty1r ... img.tar.gz

keenan

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:21 pm

thanks for your work on this image! where do you get the latest binaries?

onetootreefor

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:32 pm

keenan wrote:thanks for your work on this image! where do you get the latest binaries?
i build them from source daily..sometimes twice :P

keenan

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:57 pm

would it be possible to add skins to your image? I cant seems to get the skins add on working

onetootreefor

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:09 pm

what skins do you want?

I have gotten a few to work with my skin manager.
Aeon nox (makes the gui so slow its not worth it)
and quartz* (the one based on AppleTV)

if i can get the file im sure i can just preload it on the img for you.

keenan

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:18 am

Ok, I've installed an image of r11170 and updates to r11212, kernel, system and bootloader. Everything is running fine, but in video addons, I cant seem to install "The Trailers" addon, it just jump back to the list, shows "Downloading 0%" and the just stops without any sign of starting in the first place!

Any thoughts?

Return to “Media centres”