abishur

Re: Bulding XBMC for Raspberry Pi

Thu May 31, 2012 3:28 pm

gimli wrote:
abishur wrote:I hope not! I don't really like openELEC or raspbmc (no offense). I'd love a guide with instructions for the linux newbie to be able to compile off the github so we don't have to rely on others, but that's just me ;-)
You have the howto for debian in the first post of this thread. Compiling complex projects like XBMC is not ment for newbies. Thats where distributions or prebuild packges jump in. Otherwise you have to take the howto and adapt it to your distribution of choice.
Tried the howto in the first post a long time ago, got stuck at the nfs mount, hence the desire for a more basic guide.
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

welshblob

Thu May 31, 2012 3:34 pm

gimli wrote:
abishur wrote:I hope not! I don't really like openELEC or raspbmc (no offense). I'd love a guide with instructions for the linux newbie to be able to compile off the github so we don't have to rely on others, but that's just me ;-)
You have the howto for debian in the first post of this thread. Compiling complex projects like XBMC is not ment for newbies. Thats where distributions or prebuild packges jump in. Otherwise you have to take the howto and adapt it to your distribution of choice.
Hi Gimli. Where should be be logging issues regarding the xbmc branch for the rpi? Is there a bug tracker somewhere? Also thanks for the effort you are putting into this and the other low powered devices.

Cheers
Rob

gimli

Thu May 31, 2012 3:52 pm

welshblob wrote:
Hi Gimli. Where should be be logging issues regarding the xbmc branch for the rpi? Is there a bug tracker somewhere? Also thanks for the effort you are putting into this and the other low powered devices.

Cheers
Rob
Leave me a private message here. If it have to do with OMX errors when you view fanarts, that is not solfable at the moment. We simple run out of GPIU memory.

abishur

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:46 pm

out of curiosity it has been a month since henle posted his binaries (which are working nicely for me!) has anyone recompiled it since then that would be willing to share their binaries?
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

bsan

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:59 pm

abishur wrote:henle said:

Abishur said:

henle said:

Abishur, that"s odd, I never got that error.

Here is a more robust build:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6NiJG ... FNVR0lGTnM

Along with the steps to install it:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IT1 ... 6vhu0/edit

It seems to work well, but it does cut a second or so off each end of the video.

I'm still getting the exact same error message.  I started with an absolutely clean install and followed the instructions to a 'T', but it still fails   Side note, in your instructions you say to copy the contents of /firmware/build to /build.  Did you mean /firmware/boot to /boot?

I don't know if it would be more trouble than it's worth, but if  you have the time maybe you put up the instructions for how you compiled it I could just compile it myself directly?

Yes, sorry, it is supposed to be "boot", not "build. I think I know what's going on, though. Somehow, the symbolic links were not preserved when you extracted the archive. Did you use a Windows machine by any chance?

... I think I shall plead the fifth on this one   Let me copy the full archive over to the machine then sudo tar xvf it and see if life doesn't work a little better for me
I had this same issue and even after doing a sudo tar xvf got this:
2282281000: vchiq_lib: Very incompatible VCHIQ library - cannot retrieve driver version
* failed to open vchiq instance

after that:
sudo LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin

repeated the process several times but still no luck...any ideas?
thanks.

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:50 pm

bsan wrote:2282281000: vchiq_lib: Very incompatible VCHIQ library - cannot retrieve driver version
I'm guessing your firmware (e.g /opt/vc/lib) is new and the app (xbmc.bin) is old.
Unfortunately there were some structural changes to the Broadcom libraries a few weeks ago and apps need to be relinked with them.
Either rebuild xbmc, or persuade someone else to.

bsan

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:24 pm

dom wrote:
bsan wrote:2282281000: vchiq_lib: Very incompatible VCHIQ library - cannot retrieve driver version
I'm guessing your firmware (e.g /opt/vc/lib) is new and the app (xbmc.bin) is old.
Unfortunately there were some structural changes to the Broadcom libraries a few weeks ago and apps need to be relinked with them.
Either rebuild xbmc, or persuade someone else to.

Thanks for that dom .

I'm trying to build it but since I'm a noob It'll take a while.
If anyone does it first please upload to git.

Cheers.

clausmuus

Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Hi,

I try to compile the xbmc pvr on a ARM Debian in a qemu, but I get compiler errors on the /xbmc/threads/Atomics.o
I use this sources: https://github.com/ntadej/xbmc/tree/rbp-pvr
The full error message is:

Code: Select all

/tmp/cceD06jv.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:43: Error: selected processor does not support `dmb ish'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:45: Error: selected processor does not support `ldrex r4,[r3]'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:48: Error: selected processor does not support `strex r1,r0,[r3]'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:51: Error: selected processor does not support `dmb ish'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:90: Error: selected processor does not support `dmb ish'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:92: Error: selected processor does not support `ldrex r4,[r3]'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:94: Error: selected processor does not support `strex r1,r4,[r3]'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:97: Error: selected processor does not support `dmb ish'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:137: Error: selected processor does not support `dmb ish'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:139: Error: selected processor does not support `ldrex r4,[r3]'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:141: Error: selected processor does not support `strex r1,r4,[r3]'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:144: Error: selected processor does not support `dmb ish'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:182: Error: selected processor does not support `dmb ish'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:184: Error: selected processor does not support `ldrex r4,[r3]'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:186: Error: selected processor does not support `strex r1,r4,[r3]'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:189: Error: selected processor does not support `dmb ish'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:229: Error: selected processor does not support `dmb ish'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:231: Error: selected processor does not support `ldrex r4,[r3]'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:233: Error: selected processor does not support `strex r1,r4,[r3]'
/tmp/cceD06jv.s:236: Error: selected processor does not support `dmb ish'
Can anybody help me with this?

Claus
MLD - a distribution also for the Raspberry-Pi

Bass

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:35 am

Is anyone regularly building XBMC and sharing the files?

clausmuus

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:47 am

Hi ntadej,

with witch options do you have call the configure script to compile your xbmc-pvr sources?

Claus

bsan

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:38 pm

can anyone share the latest XBMC build?

Thanks

ntadej

Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:33 pm

clausmuus wrote:Hi ntadej,

with witch options do you have call the configure script to compile your xbmc-pvr sources?

Claus
Hi, use the same as for normal XBMC. Note that my sources are quite old. I'll update and probably also provide binaries when I receive my Pi.

clausmuus

Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi ntadej,

can you give me the exact values? I ask, because I think maybe the configuration is the reason why I get the errors with the Atomics asembler code.

Claus

ntadej

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:02 am

During the next few days, I'll try to update my PVR branch and recompile it using the procedure described in this thread. I can provide you then with working configuration arguments.

I'm still waiting for my Pi (hopefully I'll get it very soon!) so I cannot test PVR if it's working at all. It may need some additional patches to work.

clausmuus

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:40 pm

Thank you, that's grate!

Claus

Warg

Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:52 pm

Just a quick note from someone who got his Pi a few days ago; I am currently compiling the latest XBMC-RPi sources available and will post binaries when done. It won't have PVR, but I imagine it'll be useful for someone.

Cheers,
Warg

---EDIT---
As for regularly building, I plan on doing a build once a week.

Warg

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:44 pm

First compile did not give any errors, did not try it on my own Pi though so I have no clue if it works. If anyone wants to try it, the link to the folder where my compiles will be uploaded is http://www.mediafire.com/?64at2y834apvl and the first one is already up. Will check to see if it works tomorrow.

Cheers,
Warg

ntadej

Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:33 am

I've managed to build PVR branch of XBMC with Raspberry Pi patches. Note that probably PVR support is not there yet. Current state may be unstable or even not work, so I currently don't provide binary builds (I will as soon as I receive my Pi).

How to build? Follow the instructions in this thread. I compiled with Debian Squeeze, Wheezy didn't work for me also for classic build.
Two notes:
- Add

INCLUDES+=-I/opt/bcm-rootfs/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include/
to Makefile.includes in root directory if your build fails with DBus errors.
- libtinyxml-dev is also needed (not in my old downloaded instructions, may be already stated somewhere in this thread)

Source:
https://github.com/ntadej/xbmc
branch: rbp-pvr

Expect some more work on omxplayer when I get my Pi.

ntadej

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:58 am

I'm making a cleaner merge of PVR and Pi branches of XBMC. This will break current git branch. Please download the source again. Sorry for any inconvenience. This will (hopefully) be one-time break.

BTW, has anyone tested PVR?

clausmuus

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Thank you for your work. I will test it. But since the compilation will need about two days in my qemu VM, I can give you the feedback earliest at the weekend.

Claus

ntadej

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:13 pm

Just one more note on compilation:
Linking final xbmc.bin can fail randomly. Just run make again and maybe 'make clean' the module that is causing problems. Then it should build successfully.

clausmuus

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:58 am

Hi,

I get a compile error:

CPP     /home/nightbuild/nightbuild/MLD/xbmc.pvr/src/xbmc-2012.07.11/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayerVideo.o
In file included from /home/nightbuild/nightbuild/MLD/xbmc.pvr/src/xbmc/xbmc/windowing/egl/WinEGLPlatformRaspberryPI.h:32,
                 from /home/nightbuild/nightbuild/MLD/xbmc.pvr/src/xbmc/xbmc/windowing/egl/WinEGLPlatform.h:29,
                 from /home/nightbuild/nightbuild/MLD/xbmc.pvr/src/xbmc/xbmc/windowing/egl/WinSystemGLES.h:30,
                 from /home/nightbuild/nightbuild/MLD/xbmc.pvr/src/xbmc/xbmc/windowing/WindowingFactory.h:41,
                 from DVDPlayerVideo.cpp:25:
/home/nightbuild/nightbuild/MLD/xbmc.pvr/src/xbmc/xbmc/linux/DllBCM.h:80: error: ‘EDID_AudioSampleRate’ has not been declared
Do you have any ideas for this?

I use this configure options:

./configure --prefix=$$(pwd)/install/usr --enable-gles --disable-sdl --disable-x11 --disable-xrandr --disable-openmax --disable-optical-drive --disable-dvdcss --disable-joystick --disable-udev --disable-hal --disable-debug --disable-crystalhd --disable-vtbdecoder --disable-vaapi --disable-vdpau --disable-pulse --disable-projectm --with-platform=raspberry-pi --disable-optimizations
Claus

ntadej

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:06 am

Do you have the latest firmware? It is required for XBMC compilation.

murak

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:47 pm

I am also using Liams image and got my edimax wifi working with the exellent script from mrengman, thanks to you both!

I am however also having the problem with freezing when using subtitles. If Liam could make a new build just like this one but with the new xbmc code I would be very thankfull! It is because of the wifi that I need xmbc on top of the regular Debian build, so that I can use the script to get it working.

Thank you all for a good thread!

clausmuus

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:59 am

OK, with the actual firmware I don't got this error. Now a new clean compile is running. I will give you later a state update.

Claus

Return to “Media centres”