boardinluke

How to stop Pi sleeping

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:11 am

Hi

Firstly id just like to say hi as im new here. I hope im posting in the right section.

We have a plasma screen in our reception area playing a slideshow of pictures. At the moment we have a mac mini in the ceiling running the slideshow. We have now purchased another pi to replace the mac mini so we can use the mac somewhere else. (it is a very expenseive way of running a slideshow). I have installed xbmc on the pi and created an autoexec script that autostarts a slide show at login. I have saved the pictures on a pen drive so it is accessing them from there.

This alll works fine, however after about ten minutes the screen goes black and nothing happens. I know the pi is still on as i can ssh into it but as i have no keyboard connected i cannot wake it up again.

I have turned off the screensaver and disabled any other power saving settings i can find in xbmc however this still happens so i guess this is some power management setting hidden further in the settings.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to disable this so it does not sleep at all? We can turn this off at night and when booted will auto start the slideshow again but get really annonying haveing to reboot every 10 mins.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Luke

rocketero

Re: How to stop Pi sleeping

Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:16 am

I would like also to know this, as I haven't even been able to see where to configure the screensaver. when one right-click on the desktop there is not option for screensaver configuration.

Return to “Media centres”