AndyBeevers

Squeezelite Sound Problems

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:44 am

I have an issue where after a time ( usually 24 hours as I go to work!) where I start using squeezelite the sound seems like it is not sampling properly. I reboot the server ( not re-start the squeezelite deamon as that has no effect) and all returns to normal - any thoughts - I have seen something about this in the forum but can't find it now. When I use it there is no problems apart from Spotify not working ( but that is the version of LMS on my NAS)

So what happens is:
I have latest version of squeezeplug running. The LMS is on my NAS (excito bubba) . Although I have the server running on the PI I do not use it. It is connected to the amplifier by a DAC which itself uses wifi to connect to the USB portion. The USB stick is in the PI and transmits WiFi/Bluetooth ( not sure which) to the DAC unit which is where the amp is. I turn off the amp ( valve one) and the DAC when not using it. I leave on the Raspberry PI. The NAS is left on all the time.

LBS

Re: Squeezelite Sound Problems

Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:03 pm

I have the same problem, but for me a '

Code: Select all

service squeezelite restart
' is sufficient to solve the problem. My NAS is not part of the equation, as I more or less only use the RPi with the Spotify plugin.
I now have the restart as a cronjob ...

I've tried to look at the log, but fails to see a pattern.
My RPi uses a Wireless connection.

AndyBeevers

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Thanks - hadn't thought of a cronjob will try that at some obscure time

vonzepp

Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi I am having a simular problem. I have tried to do a cron job to stop it

2 3 * * * kill $(ps aux |grep squeezelite | awk '{print $2}')
3 3 * * * cd /home/pi/squeezelite/squeezelite -o sysdefault:CARD=Set

However this just stops it. It doesn't start it back up. Any ideas? Or is their any solution why squeezelite goes down.

Return to “Media centres”