sam9s

Re: piCorePlayer a dedicated microcore and squeezelite playe

Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:06 pm

Another observation, after clicking backup when I reboot and if I go to wifi settings page and straight away click on save button (without re entering the password) it does not connect. I have to re enter my password in order to get it connected, everytime after a reboot..., so I presume the backup button is not taking the backup of the settings....

sbp

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:06 pm

Sorry for your trouble

Could you please try to fill out the wifi page and then press submit.

Next go to the about page, and copy the content of your config file and paste it here.

Steen
piCorePlayer webpage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

sam9s

Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:25 am

Here it is ...

NAME="piCorePlayer2"
OUTPUT=
ALSA_PARAMS=80:4::
BUFFER_SIZE=""
_CODEC=""
PRIORITY=""
MAX_RATE=""
UPSAMPLE=""
MAC_ADDRESS=""
SERVER_IP=""
LOGLEVEL=""
LOGFILE=""
DSDOUT=""
VISULIZER=""
OTHER=""
AUDIO="USB"
HOST=piCorePlayer
SSID="sam9s-Network"
PASSWORD="PlaystationPASSWORD="PlaystationPASSWORD="PlaystationPASSWORD="PlaystationPASSWORD="PlaystationPASSWORD="PlaystationPASSWORD="PlaystationPASSWORD="PlaystationPASSWORD="PlaystationPASSWORD="[email protected]"3"3"3"3"3"3"3"3"3"
ENCRYPTION="WPA"
TIMEZONE=""
OVERCLOCK=NONE
CMD="Default"
WIFI="on"
FIQ="0x7"
ALSAlevelout="Default"
REBOOT="Disabled"
RB_H="0"
RB_WD="0"
RB_DMONTH="0"
RESTART="Disabled"
RS_H="0"
RS_WD="0"
RS_DMONTH="0"
AUTOSTARTLMS=

===================================================

Ok another update this time when I clicked on save to copy the config file though I was connected I got a backup failed. This was not happening up until now ....

output ......

[ INFO ] Backing up files to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/mydata.tgz/-\|/-

[ ERROR ] Backup status

tar: removing leading '/' from member names
[ ERROR ] Backup failed.

Found wifi device wlan0 Standby for scan of available networks... Set to try a few times to obtain a lease. Attempting auto connection with sam9s-Network .. udhcpc (v1.22.1) started Sending discover... Sending select for 192.168.1.118... Lease of 192.168.1.118 obtained, lease time 7200 deleting routers adding dns 192.168.1.1 adding dns 0.0.0.0

sam9s

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:22 am

...... Now I have lost sound all together .... even on lAN .... I keep getting this backup failed error .... dont know if taht is the reason

sam9s

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:58 am

Steen .....Need your help here brother .,.. .. I re created the image again picore and started all over again but this time .. I have lost my audio all together ,,...... I can not even get audio from my steel series USB sound card .... :( :( :( .... Everything seems ok. I can see C-Media audio under ALS devices. LMS also detects the picoreplayer2 nicely but when I play any song I hear no audio ,,,,,,
man I have no idea what has gone wrong ????? I started from scratch ...

sam9s

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:14 am

UPdate ... I can get sound form the default analogue out of rpi ..i.e 3.5mm . but I have completely lost audio from USB .... even with steel series sound card which was working initially ...... even though I have re created the image again ..... even then no sound .....I wonder how it worked the very first time with my steel series sound card.

EDIT ::: I now have tried everything possible in my power .... changing the card as well and reflashing image same result I simply cannot get audio from usb ....

sam9s

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:33 am

This is turning out to be a nightmare .... I have another rasp pi ... and I used it with fresh image with fresh new card .... I simply would not get sound over USB ?????... default analogue 3.5mm of rpi works in all cases

sam9s

Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:44 am

OK I found the solution ... I have no idea what the problem was.....it seems rebooting from web interface was not initialising something or what .... when I did a reboot from command line all started working ..... earlier I was shutting down or rebooting from web interface ....... as said I dont know what caused the problem, but the moment I did a reboot command for both rpis from command line , both started playing audio from USB ........oh man that was tiresome .... I still do not know what caused it ....but at-least it back again ....

now back to original issue of wifi....

sbp

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi Sam9s

Difficult times - there is certainly something seriously wrong with your setup.

I have never seen any problems with a simple backup or reboot.
The config file you copied also had problems. For the password it should only contain something like
PASSWORD="Playstation"

So could you please copy the content of your new current config file here again.

Steen

sam9s

Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:47 pm

sbp wrote:Hi Sam9s

Difficult times - there is certainly something seriously wrong with your setup.

I have never seen any problems with a simple backup or reboot.
The config file you copied also had problems. For the password it should only contain something like
PASSWORD="Playstation"

So could you please copy the content of your new current config file here again.

Steen
OK I still cannot get the wifi working, this time on a fresh install I got connected the very first time, but the moment I remove the lan cable from port rpi re boot and then does not get connected to the network .... here is the config file

NAME="piCorePlayer2_USB"
OUTPUT=
ALSA_PARAMS=80:4::
BUFFER_SIZE=""
_CODEC=""
PRIORITY=""
MAX_RATE=""
UPSAMPLE=""
MAC_ADDRESS=""
SERVER_IP=""
LOGLEVEL=""
LOGFILE=""
DSDOUT=""
VISULIZER=""
OTHER=""
AUDIO="USB"
HOST=piCorePlayer
SSID="sam9s-Network"
PASSWORD="PlaystationPASSWORD=""3"
ENCRYPTION="WPA"
TIMEZONE=""
OVERCLOCK=NONE
CMD="Default"
WIFI="on"
FIQ="0x7"
ALSAlevelout="Default"
REBOOT="Disabled"
RB_H="0"
RB_WD="0"
RB_DMONTH="0"
RESTART="Disabled"
RS_H="0"
RS_WD="0"
RS_DMONTH="0"
AUTOSTARTLMS=

PLEASE HELP!

sam9s

Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:00 pm

UPdate : after a reboot it again gets stuck in sending discover, sending discover .... No Lease Failing loop. exactly what was happening in post 15. I insert the lan cable and all is well. I dont understand when picore player connetcts and I see the device gets an IP, why does rpi re boots when I plug out the lan cable. Ideally it should just shift from lan to wifi since wifi seems connected . I am clueless as to what to try next

For what its worth, this is what I have notices, when both LAN and Wifi are connected, picore player nicely detects adapter and assigns the ip, and at this time both wifi and LAN works as I can open the webpage by both ips (lan and wifi). But now from this moment how am I suppose to get rid of LAN, as unplugging the LAN just re boots the rpi getting it stuck in that sending discovery loop and wifi stops working ........ strange behaviour.

Other observation :; It seems wifi settings are not saved even if I do a backup ...... coz when I reboot manually after setting up wifi, removing the lan cable rpi does not get connected to network.

sbp

Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:00 pm

You have still have a problem with your password settings in your config file. If you know how to edit it manually then please ensure that it has the format: password="your password" and save it by: sudo filetool.sh -b

If you don't know how to do that, then please attach an USB stick, then in main page select "save your config to USB".

Then remove the USB and edit the newconfig file on the USB, save your changes.
Then attach the USB to your raspberry and reboot, then it should use your newly corrected config file on the USB.
Steen

sam9s

Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:52 pm

Hi Steen

Yes I can edit a file via SSH but you need to tell me which file and at what location I need to edit and I shall do that

sbp

Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi Sam9s.

I'm really sorry for your problems, as I see it your config file is corrupt, especially the password field has a problem.

Please have a look at my /usr/local/sbin/config.cfg:

Code: Select all

NAME="piCorePlayer_new"
OUTPUT="hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry"
ALSA_PARAMS="80:4::"
BUFFER_SIZE=""
_CODEC=""
PRIORITY=""
MAX_RATE=""
UPSAMPLE=""
MAC_ADDRESS=""
SERVER_IP=""
LOGLEVEL=""
LOGFILE=""
DSDOUT=""
VISULIZER=""
OTHER=""
AUDIO="I2SpDAC"
HOST="piCorePlayer"
SSID="Cisco04554"
PASSWORD="smiley12"
ENCRYPTION="WPA"
TIMEZONE="CET-1CEST%2CM3.5.0%2CM10.5.0%2F3"
OVERCLOCK=NONE
CMD=Default
WIFI="on"
FIQ=0x7
ALSAlevelout=Default
REBOOT=Disabled
RB_H=0
RB_WD=0
RB_DMONTH=0
RESTART=Disabled
RS_H=0
RS_WD=0
RS_DMONTH=0
AUTOSTARTLMS=""

Your password field is wrong - so I think if you edit it your problems will be fixed.

Steen

sam9s

Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:17 am

Goodness Gracious!!!! It worked ... :) ... You are the boss .....ofocurse you are ...lol you developed the app .... :) , But thank you for your patience to reply to my posts and resolve this issue .........Thanks you so much ...:)

sam9s

Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:50 am

Steen,

Can you assist in one more small thing .... I dont know for what ever reason I can not SSH in to TinyCore using FileZille FTP client, though I can do the same using Putty. I get a "Connection closed by server with exitcode 127" when connecting via Filezilla or cyberduck ...... can you assist me on this. need to connect to tinycore over filezilla .... :) ....Thanks

sbp

Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi Sam9s.

Good to learn that your problems has been solved. I have never seen a similar problem before so I don't know how it was produced.

Regarding Filezilla - I don't know.
I use winSCP all the time without any problems, would that be an option for you?

Steen

sam9s

Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:05 pm

Hi Steen,

No WibSCP is also giving me the same error ...."Server sent command exit status 127" .Any idea what could be wrong?

If putty is able to connect .... SFTP is running on TinyCore right ??? So what is it that I am not able to connect to TinyCore via any ftp client ???

sbp

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi sam9s

I think you need to select SCP connection in winscp, Not SFTP.

Steen

sam9s

Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:34 am

Wow that was new to me ...SCP ... Anyway yes I was able to connect using SCP ...... Thanks again for the guidance .......:)

shiftux

Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:44 am

Hey,

My system:
2 RPis running piCorePlayer v1.18b | linux 3.16.3-piCore+
one with a USB DAC and one with the hifiberry Digi+, one over wifi, one over ethernet
LMS running on my Win7 machine

After installing piCore on the RPis, I first used the analog audio, got everything working right away, then switched to the USB DAC and the Digi+, which worked fine as well!

The problem was after a reboot of the system. I now have the LMS seeing the players and playing stuff, but there is no playback on the devices, no matter if I select analog audio or the other outputs.

I could really use some help on how to debug, I was looking at the server log and all I saw was:

Code: Select all

[14-12-01 08:56:17.0675] Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed
[14-12-01 08:56:24.9436] Slim::Menu::AlbumInfo::__ANON__ (178) AlbumInfo menu item "replaygain" failed: not an arrayref or hashref
can't really make sense of the errors...

EDIT: Also LMS is behaving a little weird. no matter what button you press when playing a song (vol up, vol down, pause, repeat, choose player, etc...) it always restarts the song from the beginning

Thanx for any help!

cheers

sbp

Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:57 pm

I think that your LMS is getting confused by the two piCorePlayers.

So I would suggest that you give each piCorePlayer an unique MAC-number.
Go to the "squeezelite settings" page and give each player a unique MAC number (you could copy paste the actual number and use - it is present next to the input field)

Then reboot the piCorePlyaers and I think the LMS (and even a reboot of your router might be a good idea).

Steen

shiftux

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:14 pm

thanks for the advice...

I can get it to work... however it always is a series of restarting server and clients, and after some restarts of the both it works...

since my server runs on the windows machine and the clients are RPis, I usually leave the Pis running and only shut down the computer with the server on it. if I first reboot the clients and then reboot the server I can usually get it to work... however this is annoying...

what is the usual order? should the server be started first, so that the clients can connect to it or the other way around? is it normal that the clients aren't found if the server is started after the clients? and is there an api for the clients (like REST or so, in other words can I issue a curl command to the client to restart?)

thanks for your help!

cheers

s.

sbp

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:51 pm

Hi

Regarding the correct starting sequence - I'm not aware that you need to start LMS or piCorePlayer in a certain order.

I know that sometime the LMS take some time before it recognise the piCorePlayers (a minute or so).
So what happens if you give it some time will they then connect? Is it better if you only have one piCorePlayer attached?

Steen

stefan.nitsche

Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:55 am

Hi,

piCorePlayer seem really awesome but I feel a little lost on getting it to work. I have an A+ that I've attached a WiFi dongle to. I attach it to a monitor and keyboard and configure it using the picoreplayer-command. I basically do 2-3 things only, set 3.5mm as audio out, connect it to WiFi and change the name of the squeezelite-client. After doing this it all seems to work, I'm connected to the network, can access the webui etc. However if I do a reboot or shutdown the pi I loose the network connection. I've tried running the command for backing up my settings but it doesn't seem to work. Strange thing is that while the networksettings are forgotten the name of the squeezelite-client is retained.

Any ideas at all on where to start troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Solved. I didn't realize that I had to configure the WiFi first through the picoreplayer-command and then connect to the WebUI and configure it there also. After doing so it now works.

Return to “Media centres”