uluru

Re: SqueezePlug Version 6 available

Sat May 04, 2013 4:50 pm

.helge wrote: Hi uluru,

I have no stability issues with the Version that is shipped by Sueezeplug except for playback that involves syncronization and lame. So I switched back to PCM (uninstalled lame).

But I will start testing version 7.8 tonight, and report back if I experienced any flaws.
In the meantime I suggest you study the Changelog for 7.8 and decide wether or not you yourself should give it a try.
http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/slim/7 ... elog7.html
The more people test, the better we can get...

regards,
Helge
Hi Elge,
I have synchronization issues on LMS, and I did read the changelog but aside from reading on forums that the nightly is better on debian it doesn't tell me much.

Is there a special procedure to install LMS 7.8 nightly without losing my settings?

thank you

EDIT: I just read your reply on this other forum thread.

.helge

Sat May 04, 2013 6:30 pm

uluru wrote: Hi Helge,
I have synchronization issues on LMS, and I did read the changelog but aside from reading on forums that the nightly is better on debian it doesn't tell me much.

Is there a special procedure to install LMS 7.8 nightly without losing my settings?

thank you

EDIT: I just read your reply on this other forum thread.
Hi urlu,

no offense :) I didn' mean to be impolite.

I think the best way to keep your settings is to do

Code: Select all

cp -r /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/* <your backup directory>
for a restore do

cp -r <your backup directory>/*  /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/
I am using 7.8 and it looks good so far.
I had syncing issues using lame. Music would play for a minute or so then stopped (on all players similteneously) then after one or two seconds it continued, then stopped again... and so on)
I operate 3 SB Receivers and one SB Radio. This only affected mp3 from my local storage. For the moment I cannnot reproduce the problem.

Helge

Homer_89

Sat May 25, 2013 10:14 am

Has anyone the same issues? I'm running Squeezeplug on my china-made (black audio output) Raspberry Pi and when I install LMS and SqueezeLite only everything works as it should (I used the wheezy work-around for the bug that only the red LED flashes when I plug it in). But as I need Twonky too, I installed it after I set up LMS. I believe that the problems that I'm running into begin only after I successfully installed the Twonky server.

Problem now is that I can't reboot/shutdown the device via

sudo shutdown
or

sudo reboot
anymore, there appears to be a problem with the "kdb" or something. The same error message appear sometimes after I disconnected the Pi from the AC adapter and put it back in, but sometimes the Pi just boots up totally fine without problems. When the error message appears, the device first starts normally at the beginning (all LEDs are on), but it won't really boot up because the same "kdb" error is shown after about 1 minute of the booting process. Is this a problem of Twonky or what is this? :|
Since I'm relatively new to this, I have absolutely no clue how I can fix this problem. I'm also having disconnecting issues although the Pi is connected to my home LAN via Ethernet. What's going on? I could post a picture of the error message it that helps. Thanks!

.helge

Tue May 28, 2013 9:42 am

Homer_89 wrote:Has anyone the same issues? I'm running Squeezeplug on my china-made (black audio output) Raspberry Pi and when I install LMS and SqueezeLite only everything works as it should (I used the wheezy work-around for the bug that only the red LED flashes when I plug it in). But as I need Twonky too, I installed it after I set up LMS. I believe that the problems that I'm running into begin only after I successfully installed the Twonky server.

Problem now is that I can't reboot/shutdown the device via

sudo shutdown
or

sudo reboot
anymore, there appears to be a problem with the "kdb" or something. The same error message appear sometimes after I disconnected the Pi from the AC adapter and put it back in, but sometimes the Pi just boots up totally fine without problems. When the error message appears, the device first starts normally at the beginning (all LEDs are on), but it won't really boot up because the same "kdb" error is shown after about 1 minute of the booting process. Is this a problem of Twonky or what is this? :|
Since I'm relatively new to this, I have absolutely no clue how I can fix this problem. I'm also having disconnecting issues although the Pi is connected to my home LAN via Ethernet. What's going on? I could post a picture of the error message it that helps. Thanks!

Hi Homer_89,

from your description I cannot tell what the problem might be, but it as a first guess it could be that Twonky causes problems with the kernel (KDB is the kernel debugger).
If I where you, I would try the follwonig as root (or via sudo):
- delete /var/log/syslog (a new file will be created automatically)
- do apt-get update && apt-get --yes upgrade
- reboot
- check if the problem remains
- do rpi-update
- reboot
- check if the problem remains
- attach /var/log/syslog to you post
- try all of the above with new install on a different SD Card in order to rule out SD Card issues.

Helge

sorenjul

Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi All

Does any of you guys know how to install squeezeplug to a USB stick and only have boot files on sd card?

Regards
Sorenjul

jasper405

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:52 pm

Does anybody know if there is a way to control squeezeplug (squeezelite) through gpio/a gpio IR reciever? And is there a way to make a relay turn on and off when there is or isn't playing music?

CIM

Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:41 pm

I know the following topic maybe sacrilege (on this site) and let me first state that I have SqueezePlug running on my RPi and it works perfect! However, curiosity got the best of me and I have just purchased a Beaglebone Black (BBB). How difficult will it be (if at all possible) to get SqueezePlug working on my BBB?

castalla

Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:00 pm

You'll not get Squeezeplug as such working without a heck of a lot of rewrites of the scripts, etc.

Essentially you need to get a debian distro running and then install the components (LMS, squeezelite, etc) yourself.

whitwoo

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:26 pm

So I just got a pi and have installed NOOBS successfully selecting raspbian. But was unable to install just raspbian as an image on its own - I think because of the issue in this threadhttp://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 50#p394627
Latest raspbian needs an update for a new chip used on certain pi models.
My question finally! Is this the reason I can't install the latest Image from squeezeplug? I get no act light and no video out.
I am new to all this so please talk in basics :D

berrynicepi

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:42 am

Hello,

I feel so awful asking this question. It must be a really silly thing but I can see another person ran into the same problem, and then declared everything OK without posting what fixed it! So, here it goes...

I have setup squeezeplug on my raspberry pi and have been successfully been using it. So, I figured it was time to play with it more and so, I logged in and tried running "setup". But, it is "command not found". And I can't find it either. Where did it go?

Embarrassed, but hey?

.helge

Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:53 am

berrynicepi wrote:Hello,

I feel so awful asking this question. It must be a really silly thing but I can see another person ran into the same problem, and then declared everything OK without posting what fixed it! So, here it goes...

I have setup squeezeplug on my raspberry pi and have been successfully been using it. So, I figured it was time to play with it more and so, I logged in and tried running "setup". But, it is "command not found". And I can't find it either. Where did it go?

Embarrassed, but hey?
you need to login as root (PW: nosoup4u) !. did you do that?

berrynicepi

Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Re: Setup command went missing:
Yes, I logged in as root. After further research and much hair loss :-) I found a thread about people having trouble with the new hynix CPU, which I have. So, I turned off the power again (for fun - it was too tempting) - and voila - it won't boot. So, now unfortunately, I won' t be able to test any fixes for this problem for now as I'll download the latest raspbian and logitech media server without squeezeplug. But on the bright side, I can play with my Pi this morning downloading all new software!

whitwoo

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:08 pm

I cant get Squeezeplug to run on my Pi - what am I doing wrong?! I am only getting the power on light - no ACT.

I have had the pi running under NOOBS.

berrynicepi

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:41 pm

If you recently purchased a rasberry pi, it may have the new hynix CPU on it which requires the new boot loader included in the latest noobs rasberry pi operating system. The squeezeplug has an older boot loader which may mean that your pi will boot with the red light on and a vquick flash of green, but only the red light thereafter. Pi will not boot.

Recommend using noobs and loading on LMS separately. More painful, but not that bad. Instructions are available online.

Paqueuc

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:18 pm

Hello,

Squeezplug is a great idea but a major point keeps me from using it on a daily basis unfortunately : I can't switch the Rpis off. And as reported in those pages after 24 h, the Rpis don't answer any request. Just reboot them and everything becomes fine again. But making 5 SSH session (I use 5 Rpis) to reboot or halt them is just a pain in the...

I use a home automation system that easily allows me to send UDP, TCP, HTTP or telnet requests and can physically switch poweroff with a press of a single button. Everything should be fine so the 5 Rpis turn on and off without corrupting the SDCard. But I really struggle on finding the correct command that could shut those Rpis down.

Here is another topic I opened regarding this :

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 63&t=51820

Anyone has the same trouble or the same need ? Is there a solution to easily switch those Rpis down in a clean manner ?

Thanks for your help.

uluru

Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:19 pm

.helge wrote: Hi urlu,

no offense :) I didn' mean to be impolite.

I think the best way to keep your settings is to do

cp -r /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/* <your backup directory>
for a restore do

cp -r <your backup directory>/*  /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/
I am using 7.8 and it looks good so far.
I had syncing issues using lame. Music would play for a minute or so then stopped (on all players similteneously) then after one or two seconds it continued, then stopped again... and so on)
I operate 3 SB Receivers and one SB Radio. This only affected mp3 from my local storage. For the moment I cannnot reproduce the problem.

Helge
Hello Helge,
I read on the slimdevices.com forum that downgrading from 7.8 nightly to stable 7.7 is a rough ride, so I flashed a new SD with raspbian (the squeezeplug one is so out of date as of now :( ) and installed the LMS with following commands (as user pi):

sudo apt-get --yes update && sudo apt-get --yes upgrade
sudo apt-get --yes install libjpeg8 libpng12-0 libgif4 libexif12 libswscale2 libavcodec53
wget http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.8/sc/5c3d3e2/logitechmediaserver_7.8.0~1376629550_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i logitechmediaserver_7.8.0~1376629550_all.deb
sudo apt-get --yes install -f
sudo /etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver restart
sudo reboot
lms seems to be installed but I can't access to the webserver ( rpi_ip:9000 ).
Did you get the 7.8 installed this way? Oddily I can't find an online tutorial.

thank you

Gerrelt

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:14 am

Paqueuc wrote:Hello,

Squeezplug is a great idea but a major point keeps me from using it on a daily basis unfortunately : I can't switch the Rpis off. And as reported in those pages after 24 h, the Rpis don't answer any request. Just reboot them and everything becomes fine again. But making 5 SSH session (I use 5 Rpis) to reboot or halt them is just a pain in the...
If you're only using squeezelite from squeezeplug, have a look at PicoPlayer. That's squeezelite running on TinyCore, a linux version that does not have to be shut down. You can just pull the power plug.
my Raspberry Pi page: http://raspberry.gerrelt.nl

Gerrelt

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:21 am

uluru wrote:
Maybe a longshot, but have you tried rpi_ip:9001 ?

uluru

Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Gerrelt wrote:
uluru wrote:
Maybe a longshot, but have you tried rpi_ip:9001 ?
thank you for your reply, I just tried port 9001. No luck either.

castalla

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:29 am

Are you sure LMS is running?

Is it listed as a process when you do 'top' in terminal ?

Gerrelt

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:13 am

Or use:

sudo ps -A | grep squee

xyzacct

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:06 pm

Could I get some help with 24/88 and 24/96 files please? They're both being resampled to 48. I'm using the HDMI connection to an AVR.

uluru

Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:34 pm

castalla wrote:Are you sure LMS is running?

Is it listed as a process when you do 'top' in terminal ?
yes, is running. I also tried to restart the service but no luck.

I'm going to unistall 7.8, install 7.7 and then install 7.8

castalla

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:50 pm

My advice. Start from scratch with a Debian image Then follow the instructions at AllThingsPI to install LMS:

http://allthingspi.webspace.virginmedia.com/lms.php

southpaw

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:18 pm

hi, hope somebody can assist me, I have and old 60`s radio I have stripped (fear not- it was dead anyhow) and inserted a pi with squeezlite, I am stuck on trying to setup the audio options, I have refitted the radio with 4 small speakers and wanted to use 2 as front and 2 as rear via my cheapo usb sound card. I am currently getting sound only via the "front out".

aplay -L
gives the following

null
    Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
pulse
    PulseAudio Sound Server
sysdefault:CARD=Device
    USB Sound Device, USB Audio
    Default Audio Device
front:CARD=Device,DEV=0
    Front speakers
-
    4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
surround41:CARD=Device,DEV=0
    4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround50:CARD=Device,DEV=0
    5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
surround51:CARD=Device,DEV=0
    5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround71:CARD=Device,DEV=0
    7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
iec958:CARD=Device,DEV=0
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
sysdefault:CARD=ALSA
    bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA
    Default Audio Device
[email protected]:~#
my next step was to -

nano /etc/default/squeezelite:
and enter

surround40:CARD=Device,DEV=0
AUDIO_DEV="surround40:CARD=Device,DEV=0"
I then exit and save but still not getting audio via the "rear" output,
can anybody please point out to this noob were I may be going wrong, have googled all day but cant get any info that resolves this
many thanks in advance

Return to “Media centres”