Nekronomikon

raspberry 3+ kodi vc4-kms-v3d

Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:36 pm

is it possible to build kodi with vc4-kms-v3d support?
my problem is, that i do need the vc4-kms-v3d driver to use retroarch. but kodi breaks when i use the vc4-kms-v3d driver.
i want to switch between kodi and retroarch. but every time, i have got to change the config.txt ( enable vc4-kms-v3d/disable vc4-kms-v3d) with a ssh client and then i have to reboot.
thats a pitty :(
is there an other solution to switch better between kodi and retroarch, like me? or is there a way, to build kodi with vc4-kms-v3d support, by my own?

Rascas

Re: raspberry 3+ kodi vc4-kms-v3d

Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:30 pm

Nekronomikon wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:36 pm
is it possible to build kodi with vc4-kms-v3d support?
my problem is, that i do need the vc4-kms-v3d driver to use retroarch. but kodi breaks when i use the vc4-kms-v3d driver.
i want to switch between kodi and retroarch. but every time, i have got to change the config.txt ( enable vc4-kms-v3d/disable vc4-kms-v3d) with a ssh client and then i have to reboot.
thats a pitty :(
is there an other solution to switch better between kodi and retroarch, like me? or is there a way, to build kodi with vc4-kms-v3d support, by my own?
Retroarch runs fine with the broadcom drivers, it runs better than with the open~source drivers, most emulators were optimized for that.

Raspberry 3 can run Kodi with vc4-fkms-v3d, it will use the RPi 4 binary but it will loose HEVC NEON acceleration and other minor stuff, that's why using the legacy drivers is recommended.
But I believe it won't run with vc4-kms-v3d, I don't know what to change for it to work or even if it is possible by now. But that may change in the future, maybe Kodi 19, when ffmpeg + v4l2 support is done.

Nekronomikon

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:12 am

but the psx-rearmed ( from retroarch ) runs a lot of better with the vc4 driver, than the legacy driver...
and i cant start retroarch, without the vc4 driver. i use archlinux on the raspberry ...

Rascas

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:45 am

Nekronomikon wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:12 am
but the psx-rearmed ( from retroarch ) runs a lot of better with the vc4 driver, than the legacy driver...
and i cant start retroarch, without the vc4 driver. i use archlinux on the raspberry ...
I don't know what you mean by "runs a lot better with the vc4 driver..." because for me pcsx_rearmed with the default/legacy driver runs pretty much any game I throw at it full speed on one RPi 3. This on Raspbian + Retropie.

Return to “Media centres”