cogarooni

get_iplayer rtmpdump does not support SWF Verif

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:43 pm

I'm struggling with get_iplayer failing to download and getting this error message.

WARNING: Your version of flvstreamer/rtmpdump does not support SWF Verification

By way of background, Ive installed get_iplayer twice before successfully, once on a Pi running raspbian and second on a generic debian machine in the cloud. I used Alex's great instructions at http://raspi.tv/2012/get_iplayer-instal ... h-raspbian. My sd-card somehow got corrupted so I had to do a re-build and this third instal of get_iplayer doesnt work.

Ive tried using the latest and the previous versions of raspbian - I know the last build was on the previous version but that doesnt help.

Ive tried setting the options showing get_iplayer the path of rtmpdump, I can confirm that I can write a file in the various directories the program should download and write the file into - Ive tried different output folders.

Ive sent a message to the get_iplayer mailing list but had nil response, its been several days already. Alex and people on the install page as referred above dont have a solution either.

Its a great bit of kit, using get_iplayer and with omxplayer running on my pi connected up to my TV, I can watch in HD bbc content as and when I want to - fabulous.

Has anyone else come across this problem and would appreciate any solutions or helpful hints on how to solve.

Cheers Cogs

cogarooni

Re: get_iplayer rtmpdump does not support SWF Verif

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Dont ask me how I have solved the problem but I have - thank goodness.

I tried to do Alex's initial post on get_iplayer which describes compiling everything from scratch, that failed right at the start so did the quick and dirty as he describes it and hard to believe but it all up and running now. Note that I separated the instal of rtmpdump etc into separate installs.

Must be something flaky in the install process!

fredca

Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:35 am

I've done the sams as you, but the other way round, i.e. I installed the dirty way first then compiled rtmpdump. Both ways gave the same result.
Did you do anything else that may have done something in the meantime ?

mister_t

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Can you explain what you mean by the 'dirty way' and separating the rtmpdump installs?

I have tried Alex's install steps from here (http://raspi.tv/tag/raspbian-get_iplayer-installation) both on Raspbian wheezy 15th July and 16thDec but get the same result on each

Running 'rtmpdump -v' gives

RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Segmentation fault

And doing './get_iplayer 849 --get --modes=flashlow' gives

INFO: Trying flashlow1 mode to record tv: World Business Report - 27/12/2012
INFO: File name prefix = World_Business_Report_-_27_12_2012_b01pjt3l_default
WARNING: Your version of flvstreamer/rtmpdump does not support SWF Verification
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
INFO: Command exit code 2 (raw code = 11)
WARNING: Failed to stream file /home/get_iplayer/World_Business_Report_-_27_12_2012_b01pjt3l_default.partial.mp4.flv via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashlow1 mode

Any ideas?

Garz

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:36 pm

Just to update as I trawled many a site with no direct resolution, I hope this may help someone somewhere with a similar issue.

I too tried the 'dirty' method after reading this issue. There were two things that overturned the problem, apologies as I am not conversant with *nix based OS'.

1) I updated the rtmpdump - this resolved the original issue I had (get_iplayer rtmpdump does not support SWF Verif)

2) I mounted and added permissions to the USB drive - this resolved the following issue I had with "Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256) " errors

Garz

exartemarte

Thu May 16, 2013 9:22 am

I'm having the same problem as mister_t and Garz - the segmentation fault and the SWF verification failure.

How exactly do you "update" rtmpdump? I installed it today from git, following Alex's instructions, so presumably it's the latest version. rtmpdump -v gives the same as mister_t got: V2.4 / segmentation fault. There's obviously something wrong here, but what?

No one has explained yet what they mean by the "dirty method".

exartemarte

Thu May 16, 2013 12:56 pm

I tried it again, using the automated script from Mark Williams which is linked from Alex's page - same result.

Just in case, I moved it from the R2 512MB Pi onto a R1 256MB one and did it all again. Same result.

I have managed to download a radio programme, so it works to that extent, but TV programmes fail with the SWF Verification error. Whatever that is.

I fear the gods are against us.

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu May 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Have a look here guys.
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ge ... 03817.html

I don't know if it will help directly, but it might get you on the right track :)
Alex Eames RasPi.TV, RasP.iO

Return to “Media centres”