AndrewJB

Torrent

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Hi Guys, just signed up

Long time Linux user but im not what you would call an advanced user, but better than basic

Ive got my Pi hooked up to TV with Ethernet connection and im wanting to simply use it to Seed and Leech Torrents, nothing else. Just want it to sit there all day doing that

ive installed Transmission (Debian Wheezy) but its just sits there and wont download, Errors with trackers etc, The Daemon is running.

If i open the same torrent on my Laptop (Linux Mint) its downloads straight away?

Any ideas
Acer Aspire 5336 - Ubuntu 14.10
Rasperry Pi -Raspbian Wheezy
HTC One M8 - Android 4.4.4
Acer C710 Chromebook - ChromeOS BETA
LG Chromebase - ChromeOS BETA

AndrewJB

Re: Torrent

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:29 pm

ive kind of found something that i want to try now, going to give Debian the boot and try OpenElec instead so then i can attach Portable HDD and play stuff through my TV aswell :D

bgirardot

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:01 am

OpenElec has support for transmission as a plug in.

Are you sure there isn't any set up on your home router to open ports or something for a bit torrent client? That could be why the lappy works but the pi doesn't. I do not use transmission so I do not know how it works or its needs, it was just a thought.

dudewheresmycode

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:09 am

http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/
Have you tried rTorrent? Found it runs a little nicer on the pi then the transmission daemon does.

Also, I've tried a number of BT clients and really like using libtorrent directly. Using the python bindings, it's very easy to setup simple torrent seed/leech. Requires a bit of python knowledge tho.

http://www.rasterbar.com/products/libtorrent/

AndrewJB

Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:49 am

im going to try OpenElec in the monring and see how i get on with that :D

AndrewJB

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:52 am

Installed OpenElec this morning and added Transmission, At first it wouldn't work just kept asking me to change settings but then i realised i had installed it wrong and went back and installed it the correct way which includes installing the Daemon

I have successfully downloaded a torrent on it now and am now playing the music i have downloaded through my TV, My little Raspberry PI is now alive and kicking as a Media Centre :D :D

bazpaul

Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:34 am

Hey this is awesome!

I have the Xbian build instead of Open Elec. I want to setup rTorrent so I can download torrents in the background while XBMC is running.

Can i do this???

I would love to get rTorrent to open up in the background when the pi starts. Then XBMC/XBIAN would open normally.

I would then like to control the adding and removal of torrents from a web GUI from another computer in the house while XBMC/XBIAN is running......any advice on how to set this up?

Return to “Media centres”