eebygeeby83

Plex Media Server, IPTV.bundle folder move help

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:07 pm

Hi all, Hello I'm new here and have very little Pi/linux experience so please be easy on me.

I have installed plex media server on my raspberry Pi3 but now need to add a channel bundle to the plex media server root file.

I have the following folder (IPTV.bundle)
/home/pi/Downloads/IPTV.bundle

that needs to go into the folder

/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/

I have tried everything I can but it keeps saying that the destination folder or the file does not exist. I dont know if it something to do with the spaces in between some of the coding ('Application Support', 'Plex Media Server')

I know I have to do it as admin (Sudo I think its called) but it just wont seem to work even when I do this.

Is anybody able to help me with the correct coding to be able to do this?

Thanks very much in advance.
Ian

eebygeeby83

Re: Plex Media Server, IPTV.bundle folder move help

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:21 am

Please can anybody help on this.???

Thanks in advance

johndavies

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:28 pm

I hope that the following is accurate. While I can still remember historical, geographical and literary facts quite easily, I forget technical details. It is always useful to put inverted commas at the beginning and end of paths since the Pi often needs these since it does not always like gaps between words.. Your examples might be sudo mkdir "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/". Then you will need to use another command sudo chmod +x "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/" . You may not need the final forward slash. You can cycle through the commands entered when you need to edit by pressing the up arrow key. The above information may be incorrect as I have never used Plex and hopefully it will encourage someone more competent than me to offer you help.

eebygeeby83

Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:10 pm

im still struggling with this. it still wont let me paste into the plex file in root.
please can anyone help?

Return to “Media centres”