exodous

Music player that will play a fireplace video in background

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:02 pm

So what I want to do is use my pi that I have OSMC running on right now to just play Christmas music while displaying a fire on a 1080p TV. I tried to do that in OSMC and Kodi but apparently a lot of people have tried to set it up but failed. I haven't found the fireplace video yet but I'm guessing for a few hour long vid it will be a few gigs.

I know this would be possible in Raspian, just run an audio player for music and use VLC or whatnot with audio off for the video but I was wondering if anyone knew a more elegant way to do it?

aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: Music player that will play a fireplace video in background

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:24 am

i.e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fYL_qiDYf0
maybe there is a video without audio.

you can i.e. run the video using OMXplayer and force audio to the headphone jack (look here for details https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... /README.md)

Your music then needs to use audio over HDMI, so ou hear itn from your TVs speakers. Or use BT audio ..

exodous

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:51 pm

This is what I was thinking, but I hoped there would be an audio player that could do it all so I can use my remote to control the audio. I have a a flric ir receiver that I run OSMC through and to be able to control the music with it would be ideal.

aBUGSworstnightmare

Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:37 am

exodous wrote: This is what I was thinking, but I hoped there would be an audio player that could do it all so I can use my remote to control the audio. I have a a flric ir receiver that I run OSMC through and to be able to control the music with it would be ideal.
sorry, but how do you want to know what you're controlling if your screen - and for now now you mentioned only one, HDMI connected - is showing the fireplace video?

Where do you want to display your Kodi or OSMC UI?

exodous

Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:24 pm

All through HDMI. I searched for a solution and apparently it is talked about as a future feature in kodi but for now it doesn't look like it is possible on the Raspberry pi. I just hoped there was a player/solution that I missed.

I'll install Raspian and have a separate player for audio and video. This is just for Christmas music, I'll just loop it anyway, and volume can just be done with the TV volume, I hadn't thought of that.

Thanx for the response though.

Return to “Media centres”