Airc0

Cast to chromecast from my Pi 3 B+

Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi all. I'm trying to build a sort of media center remote-control using my pi (which is hooked up to a 7" touchscreen display). My hope was to be able to run little "applets" like plex (with a remote media server), for instance. I'd then use the device to browse and select something to play on my chromecast.

I tried using OSMC with Kodi, and Raspbian Stretch through Kodi and chromium. I haven't been able to get any of the above to cast to the cromecast (I'm not entirely sure why in some cases). Most recently I was hoping to run lubuntu and use chrome to cast, but I can't get a version to boot yet. I believe there isn't a working version of lubuntu for the B+.

I'm looking for new things to try, does anyone have any ideas? Both on what I've tried that hasn't worked and new things I can give a shot.

Thanks!

fruitoftheloom

Re: Cast to chromecast from my Pi 3 B+

Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:19 pm

Airc0 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:05 pm
Hi all. I'm trying to build a sort of media center remote-control using my pi (which is hooked up to a 7" touchscreen display). My hope was to be able to run little "applets" like plex (with a remote media server), for instance. I'd then use the device to browse and select something to play on my chromecast.

I tried using OSMC with Kodi, and Raspbian Stretch through Kodi and chromium. I haven't been able to get any of the above to cast to the cromecast (I'm not entirely sure why in some cases). Most recently I was hoping to run lubuntu and use chrome to cast, but I can't get a version to boot yet. I believe there isn't a working version of lubuntu for the B+.

I'm looking for new things to try, does anyone have any ideas? Both on what I've tried that hasn't worked and new things I can give a shot.

Thanks!

Raspbian Stretch with Desktop fully updated includes chromium-browser v65 which support Cast to Chromecast:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=177268#p1319049
Adieu

Return to “Media centres”