oss001

Guide: HD Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Plex in Kodi on OSMC.

Wed May 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Hi Guys, I just put together a little guide on an OSMC project I did to get Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Plex all working in Kodi on OSMC in HD. Got it working famously, wife is watching it now.

Have a look and fire me any suggestions etc...

Sites just getting started as well so dont judge too hard! ;)

I followed my steps on the site after writing it and it was comprehensive so feel free to try it yourselves!

https://makingstuffwork.net/technology/ ... kodi-osmc/

I should mention this installs the widevine module from Google for the Netflix DRM, so you will need to accept the user rights as its proprietary, but free. You will also need a valid Netflix and Amazon Prime account to log into the streaming services.

NoIdeaWhat ImDoing

Re: Guide: HD Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Plex in Kodi on OSMC.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:30 am

Hello,

I've recently got netflix working on osmc, im also trying to install amazon prime using the Sandmann79 repository but when i run the wget command it returns 404 not found despite being able to download it on my windows pc.

Not sure what the problem is, i only bought the pi a couple of days ago so im still learning :D

Thanks for any help :)

oss001

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:07 pm

I know this is a late reply, but it was down briefly, think it was bad timing. Back up and running now...

giulange

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:13 pm

I followed your tutorial and it seems very exhaustive to me.
Here is my problem.
I cannot login to Amazon (while I can do in Amazon VOD) because of an error. Amazon VOD sent me a OTP via phone SMS after credentials, while Amazon app didn’t perform this operation.
Maybe this might depend on the 2 factor security system? If so, or if you have any other idea about the possible error, could you give me an help in solving this issue?

Thank you very much
Giuliano

oss001

Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi Giuliano, the guide is designed to step through getting you installed and running. The actual add-ons you install (Amazon, Netflix and Plex) are created and maintained by others. The guide shows you how to install them, but for issues using them, its best to check in with the creators of the add-on. For Amazon, you can check https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/issues, to see if others have experienced this login issue and if there is a solution. Best of luck!

fruitoftheloom

Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:23 pm

giulange wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:13 pm
I followed your tutorial and it seems very exhaustive to me.
Here is my problem.
I cannot login to Amazon (while I can do in Amazon VOD) because of an error. Amazon VOD sent me a OTP via phone SMS after credentials, while Amazon app didn’t perform this operation.
Maybe this might depend on the 2 factor security system? If so, or if you have any other idea about the possible error, could you give me an help in solving this issue?

Thank you very much
Giuliano

An alternative is to install Kodi 18 Beta Media Centre Software in Raspbian Stretch:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... p?t=222954
Adieu

Return to “Media centres”