HGunderman

How can I set up my RPi asa VM to host another RPi OS?

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:05 pm

Hello, I am new to Raspberry Pis and decided to learn by creating a digital sign. I intend on using a RPi OS for 'Screenly OSE,' however, I had the though of possibly hosting a virtual machine environment where the screenly OS can run, but I could back out of and use Raspbian and connect to the web and the other OS to control the sign from the same Pi.

I work for a school district and we are highly restricted with the types of network connections we are allowed, so I am having trouble connecting to the Screenly OSE web controller from my work station, and figured that if the RPi could be taken and used to update the sign as needed without the need for another computer, that would make it a more time friendly method while I work with my school district to get the permissions I need to be able to connect to my Pi from my workstation.

If this doesnt make sense please let me know how I could better explain what I am asking.

In summary, I would like to know if it is possible to use Raspbian to host a VM environment within which I can run another RPi OS designed to run a digital sign, with the intention of being able to use the RPi in raspbian to modify the signs projected from the VM OS.

Return to “Media centres”