Stefaan

RPI as home cinema receiver/amp

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I've got a question: is it possible to use the Raspberry Pi 3b as a sort of receiver or amp to play the sound of a tv or blu ray through speakers connected to the Raspberry Pi 3b? So the Raspberry Pi 3b with a DAC and AMP mounted on each other like you get a sort of receiver and home cinema? So you can watch tv or a blu ray and the sound is coming through speakers connected to the Pi.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely yours,

Stefaan

trymypi

Re: RPI as home cinema receiver/amp

Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:19 am

I am working on solving the same issue. I have 3B+ with the IQaudIO Digiamp+ and I'm trying to get audio in from my TV. TV has toslink/optical output, and I also have a toslink-to-RCA/analog converter. Haven't seen any posts yet with this use case, I'm looking hard but I just started looking. I'm looking at external soundcards, but haven't acted on anything yet.

I'm trying to see if this post is useful but I haven't figured it out yet

noggin

Re: RPI as home cinema receiver/amp

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:04 am

https://www.hifiberry.com/shop/boards/h ... y-digi-io/

The Hifi Berry Digi I/O provides both COAX and TOSLINK SP/DIF Input and Outputs for the Raspberry Pi. However I don't know if simultaneous input and output is supported by the I2S connectivity used.

If you want a DAC + AMP as well you only really want the input functionality I guess.

Return to “Media centres”