1) At startup, play a video (video a) on a continuous indefinite loop loop
2) Press a button and play a second video (video b)
3) Automatically return to playing video a on a continuous loop at the conclusion of video b.
I currently achieve this by burning a physical DVD with video a as the menu, and video b as the only video, which then returns to the looping menu once video b has concluded. The DVD is played in a traditional stand alone DVD player
I want to replace all of this with a raspberry pi. My first thought was rather than burning the DVD, to just have the raspberry pi play the iso in VLC. Unfortunately, while this works well on a PC, VLC on the rapberry pi does not seem to be able to handle playback of the ISO file.
1) Is there any way to reliably play video from a DVD ISO on a raspberry pi?
2) If not, what is the easiest way to recreate that simple UI offered by a DVD player without actually burning DVDs?