RaspISteve

Been Very Happy With OSMC Until They Made It "BETTER!!"

Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:09 am

Guys,
I'm having problems with OSMC after it updated itself. Last time I used it, and this is only to select and play my CD collection without having to go open a single CD case, every thing was good. This was about a fortnight ago.

Since the update (and they made it BETTER) :

1. I can't use my TV remote to control OSMC/Kodi (whichever skin I choose)
2. I no longer have on-screen "Start/Stop/Pause" icons to control the playing/pause of my music files.
3. The selected "RIP CD on insert" simply plays a CD.
4. I seem to be getting over-scan meaning the pop-in menu from the left crops the first couple of characters, haven't yet found an under-scan option.
5. Mouse control movement triggers a list scrolling effect that make it impossible to select anything, using the scroll wheel is the only safe method of selecting from a list.
6. My hours of bikecam video defaults to letter box and look odd.

I can control the thing with a wireless mouse/keyboard and my Android Moby and even got control access via the in-built WiFi HotSpot. However, I really don't want to have to use or carry my moby or mouse/keyboard around and I am really missing just reaching for the TV remote and getting the previous full control.

I've done a search on OSMC and so far can only find that they release some biggish updates/improvements but little else. I am a bit hacked off with it particularly as I've just bought a spare Pi3 and a high spec DAC board to run it.

Can anyone out there point me in the right direction? Anyone else finding the TV remote or other features don't work any more?
Share and Enjoy.

DougieLawson

Re: Been Very Happy With OSMC Until They Made It "BETTER!!"

Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:59 pm

You'll probably get a better reaction if you post your stuff on https://discourse.osmc.tv/
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

RaspISteve

Re: Been Very Happy With OSMC Until They Made It "BETTER!!"

Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:22 pm

Dougie,
DougieLawson wrote:You'll probably get a better reaction if you post your stuff on https://discourse.osmc.tv/
Yeah! Thanks for the link. I did a search but you need to know the right question first. Local knowledge is always best.

Simply, it worked and then it didn't so something got broken across the "IMPROVEMENTS" and the tricky bit of wire at issue is on the Pi. Thought I'd ask here first if only to sanity check my problem. Was hoping someone here had had the same problem and either reported to somewhere sensible or had a solution. Also, didn't really want to join yet another forum, I'm starting to loose track.

UPDATE: Dougie's very useful web link got me sorted out but also needed to know that CEC is all about the TV remote control protocol. Also, sort out my over-scan problem.
Share and Enjoy.

Return to “Media centres”