Cdrshm

Bluetooth Headphones Frustrations! :-/

Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Ok so this will probably come across as a rant, but i just don't understand why this is being so difficult. Has anyone successfully paired a bluetooth headset/speakers to their raspberry pi 3 running any of the Kodi distros or just raspbian with kodi to constantly work after reboots and powering off/on headphones?

It feels like you have have to jump thought tons of hoops, i don't understand why this is the case. I have tried every flavor of Kodi for the Pi. The headset won't keep a connection, or never connects, or no audio, sync issues. Most of the time it just doesn't connect or stay connected, fails if i turn my headset off and turn it back on, it won't ever connect again. If by some chance it does connect a reboot will have me starting all over again.

I have followed this guide Here, and Here and its always a bust.
I have an laptop monitor from a broken laptop with raspberry pi as my media system, to run off of my MythTV and other online services. its in front of my treadmill to use while running. i can't use a tv because the treadmill is right in front of the wall so when its folded up i get the most space. This is what i have built. This is just a first time build, my upgrade will be a 1080p display and nicer frame and stained.

I was able to get the bluetooth working a while back, but had terrible sync issues. Realized that the built in wireless was causing the problem. Purchased a USB wireless dongle to address that issue..

So has anyone gotten this to work consistently, is there a distro that works best for this sort of thing? I am using LG HBS730 Headphones, They are about 5 years old, but they have always worked with every device i have used, even tried a newer bluetooth taco speaker and i get the same results.. If new headphones would be better, i will buy them!! END RANT.......

Currently i am on Openelec, as i had the best luck with this in the past, but today no such luck....

..... Well...that feels a little better...

drgeoff

Re: Bluetooth Headphones Frustrations! :-/

Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:26 am

Are you sure that the USB port on that board is able to supply the current and voltage that the RPi3 needs?

Cdrshm

Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:52 am

drgeoff wrote:Are you sure that the USB port on that board is able to supply the current and voltage that the RPi3 needs?
I am sure it does not. :D I ended up hooking the "proper" power supply, but i think i do need to test it to be 100% on initial boot i do get the yellow lighting bolt, but after that i don't really see it.

youness

Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:19 am

Since you tried my tutorial:
Cdrshm wrote:I have followed this guide Here and its always a bust...

Can you give more details in which step it didn't work?
I see no reason that you can't use your headphone with A2DP profile (speakers mode)

barreinhard

Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:44 am

What version of pulseaudio are you running? I am able to successfully pair headphones after each reboot. I’m working on an install script for this, should be completed by tomorrow around 2pm. (During my daughters nap)

farhan

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:03 pm

I am also having same issue. This may related to power supply. Currently I am having a power supply which can deliver 1.2A of current.

youness

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:23 pm

Check that post if you still need to connect your headset:

https://youness.net/raspberry-pi/how-to ... berry-pi-3

Smartybones

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi there.

I use a Raspberry Pi 3b and openELEC, I have no problems connecting Bluetooth earbuds, the only problem is that you have to go into the audio settings and tell it to use the Bluetooth headphones as the output and when you want to revert back to tv you have to go back into the settings and reset the audio output to the HDMI.

Just to add, I power the Pi from the USB port on the TV,

Return to “Media centres”