berto86

Audio CD issue

Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi,

Im looking for some help with a project I am working on. I have a Pi Zero with the latest NOOBS / Raspbian software installed. The system has a pHAT DAC, bluetooth, wifi and an external cd drive attached via a USB hub. The system works for the most part but 2 things dont work as I'd like:

1st - when playing an audio CD with VLC the first disc is recognized as an audio CD, the details are obtained from the CDDB and it plays well. When the disc is changed VLC doesn't read the disc as an audio CD and loads the tracks as .wav files which causes a stuttering of the audio as the Pi retrieves the length of each track. Ideally I want ALL cd's to be read as audio CDs so that the details are pulled from the CDDB and the track names are shown on a VLC wifi remote. I have tried setting a default action by right clicking on the audio cd and setting custom code 'vlc cdda://sr0 %f' but this only works once. I have also tried chaning VLCs default optical drive to a cd drive but again this hasnt cured the issue. I have also tried to use an alternate media player with a wifi remote app, kodi and kore, but this has caused other issues

2nd - If i use kodi to play audio CDs the bluetooth cuts out completely and the only audio that gets played is through kodi. The Pi has to be restarted to close kodi properly and reinstate bluetooth audio streaming.

What I would like to happen is that when an audio CD is inserted into the drive VLC launches automatically (which it currently does) and recognizes every disc as an audio CD so that it plays with no stutter. This way bluetooth streaming and connectivity are maintained and via a wifi remote app the whole setup can be controlled from a smart phone.

I have searched online for a while now but cannot find any solutions to these problems but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Media centres”