jrenaldy

How to update Kodi add-ons in openELEC?

Sun May 15, 2016 11:47 pm

To whom it may concern,

I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi with Kodi (OpenELEC) pre-installed. For the most part everything has been working fairly well. However yesterday one of my add-ons has a message telling me to visit a website to "revitalize" the add-on. Now when it comes to using Kodi on my PC, I can generally figure out how to update the add-on. I'm finding OpenELEC to be a little more challenging since there's no real easy way to access the "interweb".

I would greatly appreciate any advice on what to do. And, if this topic has already been posted, I sincerely apologize for asking this question.

TideMan

Re: How to update Kodi add-ons in openELEC?

Mon May 16, 2016 1:41 am

I've been wondering the same.
Maybe we have to re-burn the SD card?

milhouse

Mon May 16, 2016 2:08 am

Which add-on needs to be "revitalized"? If it came pre-installed chances are it's not an official OpenELEC or Kodi add-on but one from a third-party repository, in which case you should contact the third-party for support (or whoever you bought it from), assuming either can still be contacted.
TideMan wrote:I've been wondering the same.
Maybe we have to re-burn the SD card?
Installing a clean OpenELEC disk image to remove the pre-installed add-ons is usually a very sound idea.

DarrenHill

Tue May 24, 2016 12:47 pm

Add-ons, should auto-update if they were installed from repos that are on your system, or if you have auto-updating disabled then can be via the context menu of the add-on itself.

But that kind of request does indeed sound extremely dodgy, from the kind of add-on that the Kodi forum would have on its banned add-on list.

Return to “Media centres”