stokholm

Re: xbmc audio problems

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:39 pm

I have the same problem as rave.

With /flash/start.elf overwritten I just get a black screen. SSH is alive though.

By the way, is this supposed to be fixed in OpenELEC by now? I can't find confirmation anywhere.

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:22 pm

stokholm wrote:I have the same problem as rave.

With /flash/start.elf overwritten I just get a black screen. SSH is alive though.

By the way, is this supposed to be fixed in OpenELEC by now? I can't find confirmation anywhere.
OpenELEC picks up fixes pretty quickly, so yes, downmixing bug was fixed months ago.

Latest OpenELEC image is here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?ti ... pid1260134

stokholm

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:39 pm

dom wrote:OpenELEC picks up fixes pretty quickly, so yes, downmixing bug was fixed months ago.

Latest OpenELEC image is here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?ti ... pid1260134
Thanks dom. Not what I wanted to hear though, because I'm already using the latest version. :/

So if I'm still experiencing problems with audio being "all over the place"¹ on HDMI when downmixed, but no problems when playing it over analog, what might be causing that?

1) It changes between being high and low, not only small changes, but fairly big ones.

stokholm

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Hmm. It helped disabling these two:
- Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver
- DTS capable receiver

I don't think the sound is perfect, hard to tell for me, but it's a lot better. I guess it'll be alright.

dom

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:37 am

stokholm wrote:Hmm. It helped disabling these two:
- Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver
- DTS capable receiver

I don't think the sound is perfect, hard to tell for me, but it's a lot better. I guess it'll be alright.
That suggests that passthrough audio is "all over the place". I assume by that you mean the channel order is wrong, or the mixing levels are wrong?

passthough does what it says. Neither xbmc nor GPU touches the audio - it is just given to the reciever to decode.
If there is a problem with audio, then I'd check your receiver/TV settings, and how your speaker are connnected. It is not something that is possible to fix in xbmc software.

LastSilmaril

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Hmm...anyone else getting silence with 7.1 AAC audio in mp4? I have been using the latest xbmc builds, which this thread claims has the fixes in question.

cbaptiste

Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:36 pm

I currently have raspbmc and still have the issue. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to solve this. I've read a lot of posts about this but never actually got a definitive answer. Some say the issue is with rpi firmware and some say it's xbmc related.

My setup.

HDMI from rpi to TV

HDMi from TV to 5.1 surround sound

xmbc is setup to use 2.0. Please let me know if i am mistaken. As the post says, changing from 2.0 to 5.1 in xmbc doesn't make any difference.

Return to “Media centres”