I've been reading the forums and watching tons of tutorials on the Pi 2 and as the subject entails, I'm overwhelmed by all the info. In fairness, they seem straight forward but there are lingering questions.
I'm waiting on my Pi 2 which I planned to use as a media centre running KODI. I also like the idea of setting it up as a NAS (with samba) to which I can mount my 3TB external hd. I'll list the lingering questions as clearly as possible in hopes of clarifying a few things.
1. Can I use a single Pi 2 as both a media centre and NAS? If yes, which OS would work best in this situation?
2. Is raspbmc still available for download within the noobs software?
3. From all my research, I haven't found a definite answer as to which OS is best for media centre use. What is the general consensus?
4. Can you load more than one OS on a single SD card?
5. What's the best iOS app to access my music on the hd, if I decide to go the NAS with samba route?
6. Is a case with a fan necessary if I plan to over clock the Pi 2?
7. If I plan on using a usb sound card for better sound, is there any special installation required or just plug and play?
I'm sure there will be more questions in the future however; getting answers to these will be of significant help once the Pi 2 gets here. I also hope that my plea for answers will help others with their build.
Thanks to all the members who take time to respond.