Pihkal

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Thanks,it's working now.
Turns out clicking power off system is a bad idea.
Thanks again.

Hofie

Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:57 pm

I just bought the mpeg2 Codec. It works!!!
Now I can stream from my Dreambox the .ts files (Live TV and HDD records) :D

http://youtu.be/svTnVUW_mME

Multisaft7

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Hey guys,

after my xbian checked my movies and updated my db, all movies were in the db and i could watch them, but after a reboot he told me that the movie ist not in the library ... Could it be that after a reboot the hdd gets another drive letter or something... is it possible to say hdd X get always usb01 as drive letter?

Koenkk

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Multisaft7 wrote:Hey guys,

after my xbian checked my movies and updated my db, all movies were in the db and i could watch them, but after a reboot he told me that the movie ist not in the library ... Could it be that after a reboot the hdd gets another drive letter or something... is it possible to say hdd X get always usb01 as drive letter?
This is automatically done, the first attached external hdd will always be mounted in /media/usb0

futurism

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:05 am

Hi

Xbian seems quicker than my raspbmc setup but was wandering if there is a way of setting it a static IP address? Its in the settings of raspbmc but can't see a way of doing it with Xbian.

Many thanks

Multisaft7

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:15 am

Koenkk wrote:
Multisaft7 wrote:Hey guys,

This is automatically done, the first attached external hdd will always be mounted in /media/usb0

mmmhhh, ok. But how could it be that after a reboot , xbian said that my movie is not existing?

Nu7s

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:59 am

futurism wrote:Hi

Xbian seems quicker than my raspbmc setup but was wandering if there is a way of setting it a static IP address? Its in the settings of raspbmc but can't see a way of doing it with Xbian.

Many thanks
You could assign a static IP in your router?

Koenkk

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Just edit the /etc/network/interfaces file. Google for examples.

Cant1Win

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:57 pm

Got mine mpeg2 license today.

Entered the "decode_MPG2=0xNNNNNNNN" string in /boot/config.txt.

I'm using XBIAN 0.6.2 and tried to play some .iso files with DVD content from XBMC but nothing happens. No preview and the files don't play at all.

Hmmm. Have I missed something?

Koenkk

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:13 pm

.iso's wont play at the moment, this is due to a limitation in XBMC.

Koenkk

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:13 pm

XBian 0.6.3 is out! http://xbian.org/?p=179

Inaccessible Rail

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:59 pm

I got a bunch of disc space errors when trying to upgrade, and it seems to have corrupted the update. Xbian no longer boots, just has a square that looks like an rgb colour map.

Also looks like xbian.org is down, so I can't download the full image either.

Cino

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:29 pm

Inaccessible Rail wrote:I got a bunch of disc space errors when trying to upgrade, and it seems to have corrupted the update. Xbian no longer boots, just has a square that looks like an rgb colour map.

Also looks like xbian.org is down, so I can't download the full image either.
same here.. hopefully when they are back online, images will be ready also.

CaptainZap

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:03 am

Any news on when it will be back online ? I saw the announcement last night but today the website is down so I can't upgrade. :|

SinnerG

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:04 am

Anyone having trouble getting smooth playback of HD content (720p or 1080p) streaming from a nfs or smb server? This distro struggles compared to the smooth playback I get from just raspbian w/ xmbc installed from another thread on here.

Going to run through settings tonight again and see if I can get it playing smoothly. I love the way this distro boots compared to the full raspian.

j0nnymoe

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:29 am

CaptainZap wrote:Any news on when it will be back online ? I saw the announcement last night but today the website is down so I can't upgrade. :|
Website should be working fine now, PM me if you have any more problems
RPi[1]: Arrived 5/7/12 | RPi[2]: Arrived 10/7/12

PSN/XBL: m0euk
SGS3 i9305: CyanogenMod10.1 Nightlies

kavi96

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:33 am

I am getting a "no talloc stackframe, leaking memory" message when I boot up and sometimes when I play a video. I'm not sure what this means. It seems to work normally in other ways. I'm using berryboot to dual boot xbian with raspbian.

bigdavethehorn

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:01 am

I installed XBian 0.6.2 last night on my Pi and after some faffing around, managed to stream HD video from my Windows 7 PC. Happy bunny!

Quick question though, there's a lot of talk on the forum about 128/128 splits. I'm guessing this has something to do with the amount of RAM allocated to the CPU & GPU. Should I change my "split"?

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:18 am

bigdavethehorn wrote:Quick question though, there's a lot of talk on the forum about 128/128 splits. I'm guessing this has something to do with the amount of RAM allocated to the CPU & GPU. Should I change my "split"?
The only split that works with xbmc is 128M/128M. If it's working, that's what you've got.

bigdavethehorn

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Thanks Dom.

chris_avfc

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi,
Finally got around to getting one of these and installing Xbian, got streaming on it working great.

Two little things though, firstly I was hoping somebody could point me in the direction of a guide to installing some wifi dongle drivers?
Also the image is a little too big for the screen, is there any way to change this?

Cheers,
Chris

justinvoelker

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:53 pm

chris_avfc wrote:Also the image is a little too big for the screen, is there any way to change this?
You can adjust this within XBMC either by changing the zoom or adjusting the top left and bottom right of the screen in your settings.

If there is a way to make this change globally so the terminal is also within view I'd love someone to guide me in that direction as well :)

chickey

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Has anyone tried the big refocus skin on xbian, I've tried adding it via a usb stick and on a network share but it just shows some activity network or usb but then goes back to the menu and it's not available to select, not sure if i'm missing something obvious.

Col

chris_avfc

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:02 pm

justinvoelker wrote:
chris_avfc wrote:Also the image is a little too big for the screen, is there any way to change this?
You can adjust this within XBMC either by changing the zoom or adjusting the top left and bottom right of the screen in your settings.

If there is a way to make this change globally so the terminal is also within view I'd love someone to guide me in that direction as well :)
Where is that in the settings, I can't see it anywhere.

I bet I'm just being blind.

justinvoelker

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:19 pm

chris_avfc wrote:
justinvoelker wrote:

Where is that in the settings, I can't see it anywhere.

I bet I'm just being blind.
Setting > System > Video output > Video calibration... (Use keyboard arrow keys to bring the top-left down and in and the bottom-right up and in. I have mine set to 39,25 for top-left and 40,26 for bottom-right. I would be curious to see if the same settings worked for you or if they are TV-specific)
OR
Setting > Appearance > Skin > Zoom (setting negative numbers will shrink the screen size)

You only need to change one of the above as they appear to have the same effect. If you change the video output, have zoom set to 0%.

Return to “Media centres”