pawlu

Openelc issues

Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Using Raspberrypi 2:
The program loads and works perfect, better than some streaming boxes.
But........

Everytime I switch off, and start again the program I am prompted that the I have to wait for 120 seconds before boot, because I have a corrupt file.

I have uninstalled and re installed the img file several times always with the same isssue.
I have formatted the sd card using overwrite evey re pload.
I have also tried to include the .tar update, but problem persisted

DirkS

Re: Openelc issues

Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:38 pm

pawlu wrote:Everytime I switch off, and start again the program I am prompted that the I have to wait for 120 seconds before boot, because I have a corrupt file.
Which file? Exactly what message do you get?

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:24 pm

How are you switching off? You must shutdown from the menu - yanking the power may well corrupt the sdcard (at the very least it causes the delay when sdcard is checked for errors).

Also why are you powering off? The Pi is designed for 24/7 operation and probably uses less power when running than many devices do when in standby.

pawlu

Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:22 pm

I switch off the right way, from Kodi.
But, when switching on again, I have to wait 120 seconds to boot and I loose all my Kodi addons, and have to install the zip addons once again

pawlu

Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:38 pm

I am exiting from Kodi, then power off.
Then prmpted to wait 120 seconds because the files are corrupted.
When Kodi loads, I loose all my addons and have to start configuring Kodi from the start.

Could it be that I am not partitioning the SD card ?

dom

Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:16 pm

pawlu wrote: Could it be that I am not partitioning the SD card ?
You don't need to partition sdcard. The img file will contain all the required partitions.

It is possible the sdcard is bad. Can you try a different one?

pawlu

Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:52 pm

I have tried, one 8gb class 4, and two 32gb class 10, they all gave the same results.Before every download, I have overwritten fortmat with SDFarmatter.

With openelec, exiting Kodi, and shut down, when I open again, I have to wait 120 seconds to repair corrupted files, and have to configure Kodi from the beginning, and lost all addons.

With OSMC, I have downloaded the OS , online, several times, but the PI2 never booted.

To make matters worse, I am returning my brand new PI2B to SWAG, because the SD card holder has a broken latch, and the card keeps popping out.

flubbard

Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Just out of curiosity, what are you using to write the initial image to the SD card. It almost sounds like you might not have a clean install of the image on the sd card in the first place.

- Barry

pawlu

Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:30 pm

I cannot remember which, but I normally use either Rufus or Win32lmanager. Should I try Phoenix?

As for OSMC, I have downloaded the app, which will download the OS online, directly to the sd card. I assume its the only available way

flubbard

Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:56 pm

I would think that Win32Imager would be fine. Have you checked the md5 or sha checksum to see if there are perhaps errors in your download?

Does it tell your any more specific error as to what files are corrupted when it does a scan?

- Barry

pawlu

Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:17 pm

Barry,
Thanks for your patience.

Openelec does not state which files are corrupt. It says that I have to wait 120 seconds to repair.

Is it a coincedence that OSMC is failing to boot?

The PI is brand new, had it for 15 days and had only installed NOOBS on it.

I now have returned my PI 2 B back to Swag, because the SD holder latch is broken and the card keeps popping out. I do not think this had to do with this issue . So, till I get it back, I have to stop playing with the pi and start playing with my Orange pi plus. In will get back to you, if you dont mind

Paul

Speedwell68

Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:18 am

RPIs do not like cheap unbranded SD cards. I have SD cards that some of my PIs like and some don't. These days I stick with branded cards from decent suppliers. Personally I favour Sandisk Ultras. Also be aware that not all Power Supplies are made equal. For reliability you need to be using a quality PSU. I have all sorts of problems due to cheap PSUs, now I only use Samsung 2.1amp phone/tablet chargers with decent power leads.

pawlu

Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:58 am

As for SD cards suitable for Raspberrypi, here is a link :

http://elinux.org/RPi_SD_cards

I have since, solved the problem, by pressing the shift button, whilst booting the NOOBS, and selected Openelec, for online download. Kodi runs perfect, but, when browsing inside an addon, the usb connected mouse is somehow sluggish in operation.

DougieLawson

Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:03 am

pawlu wrote:As for SD cards suitable for Raspberrypi, here is a link :

http://elinux.org/RPi_SD_cards

I have since, solved the problem, by pressing the shift button, whilst booting the NOOBS, and selected Openelec, for online download. Kodi runs perfect, but, when browsing inside an addon, the usb connected mouse is somehow sluggish in operation.
That list of SDCards is probably a complete bunch of nonsense. The RPF have changed the kernel to use sdhost by default.

If you've got a problem with Kodi/OpenELEC please go and post it on the OpenELEC forum at: http://openelec.tv/forum where it's more likely to reach the right audience.
Any language using left-hand whitespace for syntax is ridiculous

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
Fake doctors - are all on my foes list.

Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

pawlu

Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:07 am

I have since downloaded OSMC which is faster, does not have a sluggish mouse action , but does not have exapnd-rootfs command, so I can only use 680mbs, out of my 8gbs sd card.

DougieLawson

Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:05 pm

If you've got a problem with OSMC please go and post it on the OSMC forum at: https://discourse.osmc.tv/ where it's more likely to reach the right audience.
Any language using left-hand whitespace for syntax is ridiculous

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
Fake doctors - are all on my foes list.

Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Return to “Media centres”