dbanerje

Re: Raspbian with XBMC image download

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:36 pm

Hey,
Thanks for the image but I stumbled upon a problem, my keyboard and mouse stop working as soon as XBMC starts up. Any idea?
Thanks

dbanerje

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:01 am

You know what? Linux sucks, and its very frustrating. Will wait for windows version of Pi

FX4

Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:21 pm

Going to be a long wait, as in never.

MovieMan

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:30 am

Hi,

Managed to get your image installed.

Boots into Lunix fine, it has the XBMC icon on the desktop which i press and works fine, films from my External HD work perfectly :D

PROBLEM:

When existing XBMC by pressing the power button I get options, EXIT, Reboot, Shut-down, sleep etc

When I press EXIT it shows a blank screen for ages and ages till i have to manually pull the power plug out.

And when I press shut down instead it goes to a blank screen yet again.

ANY HELP?

I'm a noob to Linux by the way.

matlock

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:28 pm

Has anybody got Vu+ Client to work with Openelec (r11468) when I enable PVR then Vu+ Client I get in an infinite loop

teddyyyy

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:44 am

is there a .deb package to install it?

I have already put a lot of stuff into my existing wheezy system, would hate to wipe it with a new image.

thanks!

MovieMan

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:44 pm

Is no one else experiencing this problem off exiting XBMC then :?:

smuggly

Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:29 am

MovieMan wrote:Is no one else experiencing this problem off exiting XBMC then :?:

The only way to power down Pi is to unplug it!!

smuggly

Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:30 am

dbanerje wrote:Hey,
Thanks for the image but I stumbled upon a problem, my keyboard and mouse stop working as soon as XBMC starts up. Any idea?
Thanks
POWER Supply Not enough Power!

Truggle

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:58 pm

I just wanted to say thank you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I bought a Pi for a media centre, strapped on the back of my tv, powered by the tv's usb. HD image and sound coming through the HDMI lead. Controlled by a wireless keyboard with track-pad...

I'm only an hour in, but this distro is exactly want I was looking for! Everything is working :mrgreen: Flawlessly! I've been testing 720p and 1080p avis and mp4s.

Just great stuff. Thanks again :mrgreen:

Anybody that's undecided... just get a 16GB SD card and get this distro installed!
Apathy is death!

kryten

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:10 pm

Hello!

I am new to this hobby and Linux distributions and am very excited to be receiving my RPi next week sometime. While I wait for it to arrive I am considering what image to flash onto my micro-SD card and would like to use this Raspbian with XBMC image download.

One thing that I am concerned about however is that the Raspbian base is dated 2012-07-21 and the latest version is 2012-09-18. Is there going to be a newer release made available to take advantage of the latest Raspbian version's improvements?

Kind Regards!

Curly420

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:52 am

kryten wrote:Hello!

I am new to this hobby and Linux distributions and am very excited to be receiving my RPi next week sometime. While I wait for it to arrive I am considering what image to flash onto my micro-SD card and would like to use this Raspbian with XBMC image download.

One thing that I am concerned about however is that the Raspbian base is dated 2012-07-21 and the latest version is 2012-09-18. Is there going to be a newer release made available to take advantage of the latest Raspbian version's improvements?

Kind Regards!
I was just wondering this myself as I'm thinking about trying the distro.

I could be wrong, But we should be able to 'sudo apt-get update' and then 'sudo apt-get upgrade' to get all the updates.

egorive

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi,

I have the same question. I have execute update and upgrade and the link seems to be broken now.

Thanks.

davros

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:52 pm

awesome image!!!!!!!!!

couple questions...

to boot to raspbian not xbmc what do i do?

im guessing the raspbian end is fully functional ? as in i can still have my file/webserver up.

gonna try the large image today on a 16gb sd

davros

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:04 am

oh nevermind the large image is wayyyyyy better lol thank you!!!!!!!!!

davros

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 pm

ack all of the sudden xbmc opening is just a black screen????

ToxicMed

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:47 am

Ok, first off. I've been using your image for a couple days now and it works nicely, I like having the lxde desktop boot up first to get the standard interface and then be able to load into XBMC when I need it. But I'm having a few difficulties and I'm not sure if its user error or a flaw in the system.
First: after launching into XBMC from the desktop I find it impossible to close xbmc and return to the desktop as well as impossible to unmount the card properly once in xbmc.. Will this cause any issues?
Second: Is there a way to set my screen calibration for my all videos when in xbmc that makes them display proper fullscreen? A few of my videos play perfectly fitted to my TV but others have black spaces around them and if I pull up the menu while playing the media its being half cut off in the screen (the menu controls are too low and the X thats normally in the top corner is almost hidden off screen.) Any idea on the reasoning for the change?
Third: I don't know how this just happened but right before making this post I was trying to get out of xbmc and had to just power off the unit and now my lxde desktop isnt properly fitted to my screen when it used to be perfect. I now have about a 1.5" gap on the top and bottom of my screen.. What happened here?

Arlid

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:57 am

stevhorn5 wrote:Athmo,

What brand, speed etc SD card did you use? I tried my 8gb card but it was slightly too small for your image.

Thanks
I have the same problem with a SanDisk 8Gb Extreme.

damianoloan

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi, the download link is not working for me - 404. Does anyone have another, or even better, is there a torrent?

Return to “Media centres”