davboc

Raspberry and nas Synology

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi everyone!

This is my situation: I have a raspberry PI 2 with raspbian that I use in command line version, a little Synology Nas that doesn't support transcode and a TV that isn't smart.

On the nas I use video station and the relative app for smartphone, ds video. I'd like to see video from nas to tv using RPi (connected to the hdmi of the TV), best solution is to continue to use both the command line of the raspbian and the ds video app, and when I select a player in the ds video app I can see raspberry in the dlna devices list, and can send the stream directly to the raspberry for viewing it on the TV.

Is possible to make something like this? Or maybe another solution different from dlna... I'd like to continue using the ds video app for search movie, see details of the movie and the description.

Thanks everyone for reading this, and sorry for my bad English!

tpylkko

Re: Raspberry and nas Synology

Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:34 pm

If you want to be able to use the NAS and the phone, but also control the RPi with the phone, then why not install Kodi? You can then share the NAS to Kodi. And Kodi can be controlled with phone apps (similar to a remote control) or the webpage (again, using your phone and its browser) that it broadcasts on your LAN.

davboc

Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:47 pm

tpylkko wrote:If you want to be able to use the NAS and the phone, but also control the RPi with the phone, then why not install Kodi? You can then share the NAS to Kodi. And Kodi can be controlled with phone apps (similar to a remote control) or the webpage (again, using your phone and its browser) that it broadcasts on your LAN.
indeed I've made this. After that I installed plexbmc that is an addon that interfaces perfectly with plex. Obviously I need to increase gpu_mem from 64 to 512 (i have a RPi2), and now I can see all without any problem, without change system, maintaining the watched status, and controlling it by the beautiful app "kore"..
Thanks for the support and w raspberry :D

castletonroad

Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:17 pm

davboc wrote:
tpylkko wrote:If you want to be able to use the NAS and the phone, but also control the RPi with the phone, then why not install Kodi? You can then share the NAS to Kodi. And Kodi can be controlled with phone apps (similar to a remote control) or the webpage (again, using your phone and its browser) that it broadcasts on your LAN.
indeed I've made this. After that I installed plexbmc that is an addon that interfaces perfectly with plex. Obviously I need to increase gpu_mem from 64 to 512 (i have a RPi2), and now I can see all without any problem, without change system, maintaining the watched status, and controlling it by the beautiful app "kore"..
Thanks for the support and w raspberry :D
Thanks for this: gpu_mem=512 fixed my inability to play back .m2ts files, streamed from my NAS on my RPi2.

Now, if we could just sort a 'clean exit' for Kodi on Raspbian...
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

soumen95

Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:25 am

Hi everyone !

Please help me ...how I play video or audio or any other file on TV through HDMI port connect to raspberry pi....from home tplink WiFi router usb media server.....

Please describe the detail as soon as possible....thank you...

Return to “Media centres”