PatrickBCEC

Barebones media centre

Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:13 pm

Is there a Bare-Bones Media Centre (Photos, Videos, Music) that does not need any WiFi compatible? I'm Working on a Portable Media Centre. If not, maybe someone here can Help me/make one. I'm Very new to Linux/Pi, so Replys are appreciated! :)

ghans

Re: Barebones media centre

Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:47 am

OpenELEC should only need an internet conmection for the first
install and never again for simple playback of media.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

PatrickBCEC

Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:24 am

Okay. I'll probably use OSMC for it.

Des804

Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:30 am

My first Raspi (B+ was given to me as a gift ) never had internet Access and just booted it with a Disk image I loaded on with win32 diskimager onto the SD card plugged it in with my USB Stick Mouse and Keyboard attached ( Didn't need Keyboard after that ) and Ran it as a media player and never had it connected to the internet at all.

ame

Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:32 am

ghans wrote:OpenELEC should only need an internet conmection for the first
install and never again for simple playback of media.

ghans
OpenELEC does not need an internet connection at all. Just download it and copy it to an SD card. It will boot and run standalone just fine.

PatrickBCEC

Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:46 pm

I Just found this out myself, as I Installed OSMC. No Connection. Nice. Now I'm Looking for a skin.. ;) Thanks!

Jehop

Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:02 am

PatrickBCEC wrote:Okay. I'll probably use OSMC for it.
Patrick if you are familiar with OSMC then do you have any experience with its predecessor Raspbmc?

PatrickBCEC

Sat May 16, 2015 7:44 pm

Actually, No. I Was probably one of the last to see their webpage, before they decommissioned it. I Got into the Pi from Ben Heck and Tinkernut, But I Only ever saw Raspbmc on the official downloads page. After I Learned that Raspbmc & Crystalbuntu were morphed into Kodi, I Searched around their wiki and Found Openelec & OSMC. I Chose OSMC After Openelec failed downloading. Dang Class 4 SD! ;) For those of you wondering, I'm Running an A+ With a New Class 8 Card. :lol: Sorry for the thread bumping, But I Saw it in my account.

Return to “Media centres”