RPG_Rambo

External Mac HDD as Plex Library not Loading

Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:33 pm

First, I am newly returned to linux, and in the deep end with various projects that I am running. I am trying to get my media library to "load" into PMS but I cannot seem to get it to go. I have an external hard drive that I used with a mac, so it is formatted to a journalized mac FS. I have HFS and all that stuff installed and the drive mounts read-only, which should be fine... but the plex interface will not load any of the movies in the folder.

I have mounted my HDD several ways, currently it is
/dev/sda2 /Photon Drive

I have tried adding video to plex using /dev/sda# as well as /media/Photon Drive/<rest of path here>

What am I missing here. I know this is going to be a super duh moment, where I sit in silence and just contemplate my ridiculousness for a moment, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thank you!

Daniel

abishur

Re: External Mac HDD as Plex Library not Loading

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Try following the posts here

http://superuser.com/questions/84446/ho ... read-write

It looks like you have two options. The accepted answer on the link is to disable journaling when you connect the hard drive to your Mac. I don't use Macs (it's a dumb prejudicial bias, I know, but haters gonna hate), so I don't know what the purpose of journaling is and can't tell you if that's a good idea or a bad one. The following answers on that thread seem to show a way to leave journaling turned on but to force read/write access. It looks like there might be issues with that method if you fail to properly unmount it.

Good luck!
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

Return to “Media centres”