B. Marcelis

Re: New Complete Web-Based SqueezePlug Version Available

Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:49 pm

Tnx, but are you sure this really will work?

See this: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 34#p728034

gkreidl

Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:04 pm

Yes, if you have a good 5V2A power supply (best with fixed cable).
I'm running both my RPi2s with OS on a 1 TB HD.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

B. Marcelis

Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:52 am

gkreidl wrote:Yes, if you have a good 5V2A power supply (best with fixed cable).
I'm running both my RPi2s with OS on a 1 TB HD.
gkreidl, Thank you very much! The

Code: Select all

max_usb_current=1 
did the trick. Both USB drive's working great now! Thanks again!!!

monkeysuncle

Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:24 pm

I've trying to setup a Rpi music server to replace the LMS on my workstation. I have the Pi 2 Model B and a 128GB USB stick. I want to sync my iTunes library and music HDD to the USB stick on the RPi. Can someone recommend a good syncing program?
Last edited by monkeysuncle on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ymlee

Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:02 am

Thanks very much for your effort providing us with this Web-Based SqueezePlug version, I have been running SqueezePlug on RPi-1 for sometimes since version 6 and up to the latest 7.50 to serve SB-Touch, SB-Classic and Transporter. I have some Chinese and Japanese titled CDs ripped to FLAC with dPoweramp, all Squeezebox players display Chinese and Japanese characters as expected on SqueezePlug V6.x - V7.50. On this new Web-Based SqueezePlug/Max2Play version 2.00 & 2.11, Touch display Asian characters properly, Classic and Transporter won't display Asian characters instead display in "pingyi translation" - Cai Qin - Da Nu Ren etc, also Squeezeboxserver logged the attached following entry:-

**************************************************************************************************************************
[15-04-11 12:22:34.9987] Slim::Display::Lib::Fonts::__ANON__ (85) Warning: Unable to load TrueType font support: Can't locate loadable object for module Font::FreeType in @INC (@INC contains: /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.14/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.14/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.14.2/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.14.2/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.14/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.14/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.14 /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/lib /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN /usr/share/squeezeboxserver /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN /usr/share/squeezeboxserver /usr/sbin /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Display/Lib/Fonts.pm line 84
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Display/Lib/Fonts.pm line 84.
*************************************************************************************************************************
Same problem on different versions of Squeezeboxserver (v7.80, 7.81 & 7.9) with Max2Play/SP, but SqueezePlug 7.50 is alright.

Would like to being your attention to this problem and hope you and others can help to solve it.

Thanks very much,

Best regards,

Y M

tomriddle

Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:49 am

is it possible to downgrade to a previous version of squeezelite???

truehl

Fri May 15, 2015 1:20 pm

SqueezePlug & Max2Play announcement:

Updated SqueezePlug Version 2.12 available

Hi folks,
SqueezePlug & Max2Play images are updated to version 2.12!

This updated version includes a lot of minor patches and some new features. There is no need to use these new Images, if you have version 2.00 already running. In this case use the update mechanism from SqueezePlug & MAX2Play.

SqueezePlug & MAX2Play now offers a wide range of sound card support for the Raspberry Pi. The following sound I2C cards are tested and now fully supported:
- IQaudIO (Pi-DAC+ and Pi-AMP+)
- HiFiBerry (DAC+, Digi+, Amp+)
- Durio Sound (Basic, Pro)
- Cirrus Logic (former Wolfson)
- PiFi DAC+

To run all these cards and to get a lot of more features you will need to buy an Max2Play license for all premium features and support. You can order it here:http://shop.max2play.com/en/max2play-full-license.html.

Please remember: SqueezePlug & MAX2Play is still free software! Only if you like to use extended features you need to buy the Premium Licences.

You will find a list of all currently available extensions here: http://www.max2play.com/en/addons/

Greetings,
Thomas
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de

bergowitz

Sat May 23, 2015 9:04 pm

Hi All

I am having trouble trying to install the max2play and squeezebox on an RPI ver. B
When I have burned the image to a SD card. Put it into the RPI and powered it up. I can go into the http://max2play
Expand the filesystem. Update max2play or trying to install squeezebox server, and then all off a sudden I loose network connection. I can´t connect to it anymore. So I have to start all over at burning the image again. But same story. I have tried all the things I can think off. Looked at my settings in the router. I used to run the old squeezeplug without any problems.
Has anyone had similar problems?

Regards

Lars

Man in a van

Wed May 27, 2015 2:52 pm

bergowitz wrote:Hi All

I am having trouble trying to install the max2play and squeezebox on an RPI ver. B
When I have burned the image to a SD card. Put it into the RPI and powered it up. I can go into the http://max2play
Expand the filesystem. Update max2play or trying to install squeezebox server, and then all off a sudden I loose network connection. I can´t connect to it anymore. So I have to start all over at burning the image again. But same story. I have tried all the things I can think off. Looked at my settings in the router. I used to run the old squeezeplug without any problems.
Has anyone had similar problems?

Regards

Lars
Hello Lars,

I have two suggestions:

First, use this version of WinScp to burn the image (it takes longer)

http://com.odroid.com/sigong/blog/blog_list.php?bid=144

And second, connect via Ethernet to first install and set up the image.

Hope this helps.

atb

Ronnie

Edit: a third has occurred to me, maybe the IP address is changed at reboot, in this case, refresh the browser window and type http://max2play again, I know from experience that Max2play can seem to take forever to reload after a reboot.

tomriddle

Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:22 am

do you have a mirror server to download the files from?? ive tried downloading 2.12 both images download super slow and when the download is finish the downloaded .zip file is no bigger than 80mb and cant unzip it .. tried fro windows 8.. a windows 7 machine and my ubuntu box..all with same outcome .. any suggestions? thank you!

Man in a van

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:20 am

have you tried using a download manager?

m4rky

Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi,

I am thinking of changing my Squeezeplug 7.5 setup with this new software. However I am unclear as to whether it supports USB DACs? You webpage suggests that I might need to purchase a Max2Play premium license?
Or is the license just for I2C DACs?

My DAC is the Behringer UCA-202 USB DAC.

Thanks

Tman1

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:47 pm

Great Question :) , I have been looking thru the documentation and was wondering the same thing.
I am using Schiit BiFrost USB DAC.

For years I have used Squeezebox & LMS running on a Windows PC with this DAC, now I'm ready to switch to a Rasp Pi.

Thanks for your help.

Man in a van

Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:00 pm

m4rky wrote:Hi,

I am thinking of changing my Squeezeplug 7.5 setup with this new software. However I am unclear as to whether it supports USB DACs? You webpage suggests that I might need to purchase a Max2Play premium license?
Or is the license just for I2C DACs?

My DAC is the Behringer UCA-202 USB DAC.

Thanks
The license is for the Raspberry Plugin which covers ic2 dacs.

Works fine with my Micromega MyDac, should not be a problem with the Behringer I think, especially if it works currenetly with v7.5

You can only try ;)

atb

Ronnie.

Man in a van

Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Tman1 wrote:Great Question :) , I have been looking thru the documentation and was wondering the same thing.
I am using Schiit BiFrost USB DAC.

For years I have used Squeezebox & LMS running on a Windows PC with this DAC, now I'm ready to switch to a Rasp Pi.

Thanks for your help.

Might be a problem, depends if the driver is supported.
Ask Schiit.
A rpi2 would be the one to go for.

atb

Ronnie.

ianrt

Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:10 am

I have successfully installed and setup max2play and have added SD-Card Protection.
However, in this state (RO) I cannot access squeezeboxserver. If I ssh onto the system, top shows the server running, but there is no external access to it. I suspect some particular var subdirectories need to be added to tempfs. Is this correct?

Ian

Edit: If I override read-only mode then I can access the server again, but this defeats the use of RO protection.

Man in a van

Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:10 pm

@ ianrt

you might be better off asking over http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... ay-XBMC%29

gfg

Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:01 am

HI

I setup multiple raspberry pis with squeezeplug and different sound cards. The old version of sueezeplug runs without a problem incl. Wifi and AMP+. The only thing is that the system does not automatically reconnect to the network over Wifi.

Since I got a new raspi I used the new max2play version and I'm having some questions but also troubles:
1. The web interface is very slow via LAN
2. I am not able to get the wifi running, I use the usual Edimax Wifi adapter and WPA on the router, I am able to search for available Wifi connections via the max2play interface, but it is not able to get an IP via DHCP.
3. If I have multiple raspi units running max2play is one license enough?

Did anyone have experience with this kind of problems?

All the Best
Georg

Man in a van

Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:51 pm

gfg wrote:HI

I setup multiple raspberry pis with squeezeplug and different sound cards. The old version of sueezeplug runs without a problem incl. Wifi and AMP+. The only thing is that the system does not automatically reconnect to the network over Wifi.

Since I got a new raspi I used the new max2play version and I'm having some questions but also troubles:
1. The web interface is very slow via LAN
2. I am not able to get the wifi running, I use the usual Edimax Wifi adapter and WPA on the router, I am able to search for available Wifi connections via the max2play interface, but it is not able to get an IP via DHCP.
3. If I have multiple raspi units running max2play is one license enough?

Did anyone have experience with this kind of problems?

All the Best
Georg

Georg, with regard to the Edimax.

Make sure that the pi is connected by Ethernet and that your SSID is visible.

Attach the Edimax, and reboot.

Wait a short while and then do the wifi search.

If nothing enter your SSID/Password manually ( keep the password strong but simple).

Then reboot again and confirm that the wireless is connected.

A different IP for the wireless will have been issued.

Power down, disconnect the Ethernet, Watch the dongle until you see the blue light flashing and then enter the wireless IP into your browser.

I did this last weekend with an edimax and found that initially the wifi was dropped and that it took a while to boot up. I did a hard reset a couple of times and that seemed to do the trick.

Good luck and check the forum mentioned in a previous post for any further issues, it's sometimes very quiet here. ;)

atb

Ronnie.

ps. you might have to increase the usb power settings.

gfg

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:54 am

Hi Ronnie

Thank you for your response. You're right it is quiet here.
I was testing your suggestion but there was no change. It still does not work.

I'll try some other things, perhaps the problem is within my router.

- georg

Edit:
I had to change the router settings to solve the Wifi problem. WPA and WPA/WPA2 did not work i had to use WPA2 only.
Last edited by gfg on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

southafricanrob

Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:31 am

I love the way this brings Squeezeplug and Kodi together - I was running 2 separate raspberry pi's for ages. I also had a 3rd pi as a camera server with motion detection installed (MotionPie) to keep an eye on things at home and at work. Figured with the new Raspberry Pi 2 i could add this to the max2play image so now have one pi running 3 separate servers - squeezebox, xbmc and motioneye. There's a couple of tutorials already but took a bit of tweaking to get it to work here (main issue was a Tornado 3.1 error and not being able to execute sudo commands- here's what I did:

I had a problem running sudo as the hostname doesn't match hosts file - easiest fix is to change the hostname in the max2play settings to raspberrypi.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Install packages and dependencies etc

sudo apt-get install motion ffmpeg v4l-utils python-dev python-pip libssl-dev libjpeg-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev python-jinja2 python-pycurl
Install tornado

pip install tornado==4.1 jinja2 pillow pycurl
If you get a Tornado 3.1 error then

sudo pip install --upgrade tornado
Install motioneye and create settings (default settings work fine)

cd /home/pi
wget https://bitbucket.org/ccrisan/motioneye/get/0.24.tar.gz
tar zxvf 0.24.tar.gz
mv ccrisan-motioneye-43aaca6569ee motioneye
cd motioneye
cp settings_default.py settings.py
Test if you can start the Motioneye server and see it at http://max2play.local:8765

./motioneye.py
Set motioneye to run at startup by amending rc.local

sudo nano /etc/rc.local
Paste this just before exit 0

sudo -u user sh -c '/home/user/motioneye/motioneye.py > /home/user/motioneye/run/motioneye.log 2>&1' &
Reboot and should be done...

trx

Setup Issues: External Hard Drive & Spotify

Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:54 am

Hi - I've hit a few roadblocks: 1) can't get the mini-computer to recognize my external hard drive; 2) can't play Spotify; 3) Wifi issues. Hoping you can help me tackle Issues #1 and #2 for now.

External Hard Drive: LMS doesn't recognize my external hard drive. It seems the Raspberry Pi does not recognize it either.
● Your user guide states: "If it is stored on a USB-drive this will be mounted automatically to /media/usb and /media/usb0."
● Yet - when I go to the FileSystem Mount menu, the page states: "No external devices found." I also tried to add a new mountpoint myself but am not sure how to do so properly and my attempts failed.
● My External Hard Drive: Western Digital "My Passport - Ultra" 1TB - USB 3.0 (I believe)

My SqueezePlug Device and Software:
● Raspberry Pi 2 Model B; HiFiBerry DAC+ RCA Version; NOOBS Install of SqueezePlug/Max2Play (downloaded and installed today); Logitech Media Server installed via Max2Play IP web browser.

Result - External Hard Drive Not Recognized:
● I'm able to stream radio stations via Squeezebox and hear the stream via the Pi's 3.5 mini-jack. I have not yet tested the RCA outputs b/c my integrated amp is currently down.
● When I plug in my external hard drive, the white light on the external HD lights up, but the light remains steady. It never blinks.
● In addition, the drive makes noises that sound as if the drive is trying to fire up; it makes this noise over and over - a scratch followed by what sounds like a fan or a spinning drive then repeat. When I go to FileSystem Mount menu, the page states: "No external devices found."
● Also, when I try to point the Squeezebox server at the USB drive, the server cannot find the USB drive.

Result - Spotify Will Not Play:
● I can navigate Spotify and select songs/albums, but every time I do so, I receive the following error message: "Problem: Unable to play file type for: <song name>".
● I tried many different albums and songs with the same results. I rebotted my Pi and tried again. Same error message. I also logged in as a different user and received the same error message.
● Again, I am able to use the Squeezebox player to play Tunein radio streams on my Pi and hear the music via the 3.5 mm jack.

Thanks for your help. Fingers crossed you can point me in the right direction.

-Aloha

gkreidl

Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:26 am

You HD (and also WiFi) problems are power related. On /boot/config.txt add
max_usb_current=1

Then your USB ports may draw up to 1.2 A together. This usually is good enough for a 2.5 HDD and a few more low power devices. Some WiFi dongles have been reported to work in such combinations.

You need a stable 5V2A power supply (and a good USB cable).
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download

trx

Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:49 pm

Thx gkreidl. Hoping you can help me with some basics.

How do I edit the Linux configuration as you note above? This is my first time using Linux and first time using Raspberry. I looked for a config.txt file on the SD card but found no such file. When I enter my IP address into my browser, I'm asked for an ID & password. I tried entering pi and raspberry numerous times with no success. The authentication box states: "The server says: FC330A."

Thanks again.

gkreidl

Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:41 am

trx wrote:Thx gkreidl. Hoping you can help me with some basics.

How do I edit the Linux configuration as you note above? This is my first time using Linux and first time using Raspberry. I looked for a config.txt file on the SD card but found no such file. When I enter my IP address into my browser, I'm asked for an ID & password. I tried entering pi and raspberry numerous times with no success. The authentication box states: "The server says: FC330A."

Thanks again.
There must be a first, small FAT partition on your SD card which contains the file "config.txt".
I can't help you more, as this is a specially created image. Ask the people who created it.

Return to “Media centres”