killahman

Quake 3 on Wheezy - quake3.cfg Not recognized

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:43 am

So, I've been able to compile quake 3 on the latest and greatest wheezy (apt-get update and upgrade done etc.), but now it seems I cannot get quake to recognize my custom quake3.cfg. In fact, all changes I do in quake3 itself don't seem to have any effect on the cfg file. Anything from changing control settings to changing screen resolution etc.
What surprises me, however, is that anything I change in the control area of the ingame settings finds its way into the game, but there's no mention of it in the cfg.
I tried to delete the cfg and let quake generate a new one, only to find out that it's basically the same as before.

My question is now: does quake save a cfg maybe somewhere else? Or do you have any other suggestions?
I must say that I am not a total quake 3 newbie, but yet I can't remember having problems like that during my active gamer career under windows xp (lord, forgive me! What a dark age that was)
Maybe something fishy with the compiling went wrong so that cfg writing and creating is totally screwed. Any suggestions?

Return to “Media centres”