RaptorHunter
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:53 am

Controller board for Dell Studio 1735 LCD

Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:35 am

Hi everyone, I want to use a LCD from a DELL Studio 1735 the LCD is a LTN170BT06 LCD, I can't find a direct board anywhere this LCD seems to be obscure and was only used for the Dell Studio 1735, so if there is a DIY solution for this please help. The LCD uses a 50 pin connector.

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 27226
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Re: Controller board for Dell Studio 1735 LCD

Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:46 am

RaptorHunter wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:35 am
Hi everyone, I want to use a LCD from a DELL Studio 1735 the LCD is a LTN170BT06 LCD, I can't find a direct board anywhere this LCD seems to be obscure and was only used for the Dell Studio 1735, so if there is a DIY solution for this please help. The LCD uses a 50 pin connector.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154279249276
Take what I advise as advice not the utopian holy grail, and it is gratis !!

RaptorHunter
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:53 am

Re: Controller board for Dell Studio 1735 LCD

Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:14 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:46 am
RaptorHunter wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:35 am
Hi everyone, I want to use a LCD from a DELL Studio 1735 the LCD is a LTN170BT06 LCD, I can't find a direct board anywhere this LCD seems to be obscure and was only used for the Dell Studio 1735, so if there is a DIY solution for this please help. The LCD uses a 50 pin connector.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154279249276
I saw this listing, but this seller doesn't ship to my current location and isn't replying to my messages.

aBUGSworstnightmare
Posts: 3466
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:35 pm

Re: Controller board for Dell Studio 1735 LCD

Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:55 am

Do you have access to the data sheet? If yes you can go for a DIY solution based on dual-channel LVDS transmitter like I've used in the LVDS4PI EVO
Image
Image
the display shown is 1920x1080 resolution. Pros: fully working since years; cons: as such solution is based on using the DPI interface you will have no GPIO left.

Hopefully that problem will be solved soon by another solution (my board is named MIPI2LVDS) which is using an DSi-to-LVDS bridge chip. Pros: uses the RPi DSI interface, so only consumes a few GPIO for control signals; Cons: Linux driver is still under development.
Image

But both are DIY, not off-the-shelf. And to make use of both one will need to have the display data sheet available!

RaptorHunter
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:53 am

Re: Controller board for Dell Studio 1735 LCD

Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:43 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:55 am
Do you have access to the data sheet? If yes you can go for a DIY solution based on dual-channel LVDS transmitter like I've used in the LVDS4PI EVO
Image
Image
the display shown is 1920x1080 resolution. Pros: fully working since years; cons: as such solution is based on using the DPI interface you will have no GPIO left.

Hopefully that problem will be solved soon by another solution (my board is named MIPI2LVDS) which is using an DSi-to-LVDS bridge chip. Pros: uses the RPi DSI interface, so only consumes a few GPIO for control signals; Cons: Linux driver is still under development.
Image

But both are DIY, not off-the-shelf. And to make use of both one will need to have the display data sheet available!
That's the thing I can't find on google about this monitor, pinout datasheet anything.

aBUGSworstnightmare
Posts: 3466
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:35 pm

Re: Controller board for Dell Studio 1735 LCD

Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:59 am

Without the spec you're out of luck. The only option yoi have is buying a controller board which supports that panel (as already posted above)

Return to “Media centres”