AlexLikesPi

Setting up a home bar/arcade

Thu May 13, 2021 2:25 am

I'm looking to set up a home bar and arcade with multiple inputs, multiple screens, and multiple speakers.
The inputs would be 2 antenna (coax) signals, internet for streaming movies and sports (may have to be its own separate RPi or hdmi input) and music, assorted hdmi inputs from DVD/blue ray and consoles (3 maximum).
The video outputs would be 2 wall mount screens (hdmi), a projector (hdmi), and a master screen to control what input goes to what outputs (ideally a BT tablet, but a wired solution would be fine).
The audio outputs would be the built-in speakers of the 2 screens and a pair of speakers (BT or line level self amplified).
I'm thinking one RPi for each display screen, one RPi as the server/controller/input hub/output hub, and maybe one for the audio. [4 or 5 total]
Does this sound possible? If so, what kind of softwares are out there to do this?

AlexLikesPi

Re: Setting up a home bar/arcade

Mon May 17, 2021 8:35 pm

Update: I've found a cheap solution for the HDMI inputs and outputs and the new question is getting a RPi to be used as a RS232 controller.

Return to “Media centres”