davek0974

Forked-daapd server will not mount

Sat May 08, 2021 3:58 pm

I have a pi4 running forked-daapd - it all works great until a reboot is needed.

It refuses to remount the library share which is on a NAS

I have to go into ssh, verify the no-mount, issue the mount line of code, do a cat to prove it was mounted then issue a restart command for forked.

All in all, a PITA.

I did follow the little section in the setup that says it makes it remount upon boot but it never does.

Any ideas, its a bit (lot) above my knowledge really :(

thagrol

Re: Forked-daapd server will not mount

Sat May 08, 2021 9:00 pm

AFAIK forked-daapd doesn't perform the mount. That's done by systemd or the desktop's automounter depending on how you have configured it.

Given that forked-daapd will almost certainly be started before the desktop (if you're runnig it) /etc/fstab (and systemd) is the way to go. have a look at my guide in the beginner's section.

Even if forled-daapd is capable of (re)mountign something, the user running it will still need to have permission to do so.
I'm a volunteer. Take me for granted or abuse my support and I will walk away

All advice given is based on my experience. it worked for me, it may not work for you.
Need help? https://github.com/thagrol/Guides

davek0974

Re: Forked-daapd server will not mount

Sat May 08, 2021 9:08 pm

Thanks

yes it will certainly be the system not forked, it must be mounted before forked is started.

i have no idea how stuff is automated as i all i did was follow the setup guide for forked.

i will have a look for your guide in the beginners section

Return to “Media centres”